U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:36 AM

1,390 posts, read 313,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Cars are used to transport people. What is an AK-47 used for in a Walmart or donut shop?
If you're a thief, are you going to rob the donut shop with a guy sitting there with an AK and a cup of coffee?

Face it, you are just consumed with fear. What's that acronym lefties like to use. Oh yeah, FUD.

I've spent considerable time around the armed forces in bad places under worse conditions. They had considerable firepower within arms reach. You think I was worried they were going to crack and start shooting everybody? It never crossed my mind. But you, you're worried about some rando crazy and want to disarm EVERYONE. It's irrational and it makes you a sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:43 AM

31,688 posts, read 19,791,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
If you're a thief, are you going to rob the donut shop with a guy sitting there with an AK and a cup of coffee?

Face it, you are just consumed with fear. What's that acronym lefties like to use. Oh yeah, FUD.

I've spent considerable time around the armed forces in bad places under worse conditions. They had considerable firepower within arms reach. You think I was worried they were going to crack and start shooting everybody? It never crossed my mind. But you, you're worried about some rando crazy and want to disarm EVERYONE. It's irrational and it makes you a sheep.
I am not so afraid that I have to take an AK-47 to a donut shop!

Old Today, 07:50 AM

1,390 posts, read 313,568 times
Quote:
I am not so afraid that I have to take an AK-47 to a donut shop!
Better to have one and not need it. I personally wouldn't carry it because I prefer to retain the element of surprise.

But you don't deny you want to disarm everyone. Why don't you come right out and say it. Have the courage of your convictions.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

20,479 posts, read 12,249,228 times
Sometimes a bazooka won’t save you. That be my weapon of choice and a flame thrower. But our lives are fragile and we should do what we can to stop the crazies.

Old Today, 07:57 AM

4,236 posts, read 2,512,554 times
I have had a gun pulled on me twice...I wasnt doing anything wrong except being on someones property.
It scared me. It deterred me from doing that again.
the 2A is the most important amendment, after #1, as it keeps all the other amendments in place. If we have no right to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government or a bad guy, then we are defenseless.
Just look at history, really look at history and see what happens when a government takes arms away from its people. Not all, just the majority.
Cambodia, Russia, Germany, Italy, Vietnam, China, North Korea, .......

Old Today, 08:03 AM

9,934 posts, read 4,683,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I have had a gun pulled on me twice...I wasnt doing anything wrong except being on someones property.
It scared me. It deterred me from doing that again.
the 2A is the most important amendment, after #1, as it keeps all the other amendments in place. If we have no right to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government or a bad guy, then we are defenseless.
Just look at history, really look at history and see what happens when a government takes arms away from its people. Not all, just the majority.
Cambodia, Russia, Germany, Italy, Vietnam, China, North Korea, .......
I was threatened by gang members twice while working in KC. Both times I just showed my gun and they quickly left.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

4,236 posts, read 2,512,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I was threatened by gang members twice while working in KC. Both times I just showed my gun and they quickly left.
Very lucky.

Old Today, 08:21 AM

10,554 posts, read 6,002,372 times
Quote:
Yes. you are pretending. You advocate for "gun-free" zones which is nothing more than pretending that criminals are going to honor that policy within a specific space. How utterly dumb is that? "Can't take a gun in there ... there's a sign!!"

And sorry, I'm not going to surrender my constitutional rights to some self-righteous bureaucrat who doesn't like my attitude and therefore puts a big red X on the "can own a gun" block. F--k that.

It's nothing more than an act of impotent cowardice to want to disarm law abiding citizens. it's not going to happen. I don't care how you feel about it or if you think I'm selfish to protect my constitutional rights. You can live with it or let it burn you up. Either way, it's not going to change.

Please show me where I every advocated gun free zones. Or where I ever advocating taking guns from people like you. I'll wait.

Next you can explain to me how it would be a bad thing to pass laws that would prevent people like the Parkland shooter from easily purchasing a gun capable of shooting as many rounds as possible after health care officials cautioned his mom that this was not safe. I understand defining mental health is a gray area but there is a big difference between a vet seeking therapy to deal with what he saw or someone seeking help to get over the loss of their mother and bat sh*t crazy people like Adam Lanza and we can create laws to take that into account.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; Today at 08:46 AM..

Old Today, 09:26 AM

37,576 posts, read 16,295,929 times
Quote:
Cars are used to transport people. What is an AK-47 used for in a Walmart or donut shop?
" What is an AK-47 used for" Have you ever seen a real one in person?

Other then this case, I can only find 1 other instance where an AK-47 was used and that was in 2007.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm

A usual the left media goes for the theatrics and wild exaggerations with "AK STYLE weapon" in their reporting on these types of shootings.

Please explain want an "AK style weapon" is.

A gun either is an AK-47 or it ISN'T.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

33,502 posts, read 14,119,198 times
Quote:
Yes. you are pretending. You advocate for "gun-free" zones which is nothing more than pretending that criminals are going to honor that policy within a specific space. How utterly dumb is that? "Can't take a gun in there ... there's a sign!!"

And sorry, I'm not going to surrender my constitutional rights to some self-righteous bureaucrat who doesn't like my attitude and therefore puts a big red X on the "can own a gun" block. F--k that.

It's nothing more than an act of impotent cowardice to want to disarm law abiding citizens. it's not going to happen. I don't care how you feel about it or if you think I'm selfish to protect my constitutional rights. You can live with it or let it burn you up. Either way, it's not going to change.
How does gun control amount to disarming citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or