U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

15,321 posts, read 13,453,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Letís see how this stupid background check has been working.

Of about 40,000 people who failed the background check each year, less than 70 were prosecuted.

I must remind you that failing background check often is a federal crime punishable up to 10 years.

Yeah, I am sure more background check would do wonder.
So if cops can dress up in body armour, then so can you for everytime you walk out your front door. But won't be as easy to open up to use the bathroom.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM

19,160 posts, read 9,747,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Less than 10% of the people were armed, I bet.
About 2% have licenses but few actually carry.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Quote:
So if cops can dress up in body armour, then so can you for everytime you walk out your front door. But won't be as easy to open up to use the bathroom.
Got any real rebuttal on the effectiveness of background check?

Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

15,321 posts, read 13,453,185 times
Quote:
Got any real rebuttal on the effectiveness of background check?
Nope. Science is going to have to discover a more effective procedure. Not everybody wants to face the day in body armor like a cop and/or armed with a pistol.

Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Nope. Science is going to have to discover a more effective procedure. Not everybody wants to face the day in body armor like a cop and/or armed with a pistol.
1. Why aren’t you armed then?
2. Statistically you are more likely being stricken twice by lightning than being in a mass shooting.

Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM

33,504 posts, read 14,126,917 times
Quote:
Letís see how this stupid background check has been working.

Of about 40,000 people who failed the background check each year, less than 70 were prosecuted.

I must remind you that failing background check often is a federal crime punishable up to 10 years.

Yeah, I am sure more background check would do wonder.
So because they didn't prosecute a large enough percentage the laws isn't working, the denial of thousands of people means a law isn't working.

The solution is in greater control over guns, universal background checks, more severe penalties, increased waiting periods and a ban on assault weapons. They cant even ban bump stocks so I don't have much fait.

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM

375 posts, read 54,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Agreed with moneill. It is pretty sick you are "enjoying" additional profits from gun sales caused by a couple of mass shootings. Maybe we should have several mass shootings every day, I'm sure you'd be filthy rich then.

This is why you liberals can't think straight.

The increased gun sales are not because "mass shootings".... they are caused by the over-reaction to those mass shootings by politicians who use every opportunity to clamour for restricting guns.

And, as always, nothing changes anyway.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

31,688 posts, read 19,791,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" What is an AK-47 used for" Have you ever seen a real one in person?

Other then this case, I can only find 1 other instance where an AK-47 was used and that was in 2007.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm

A usual the left media goes for the theatrics and wild exaggerations with "AK STYLE weapon" in their reporting on these types of shootings.

Please explain want an "AK style weapon" is.

A gun either is an AK-47 or it ISN'T.
What use does an AK-47 have in the hands of US civilians?

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

31,688 posts, read 19,791,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Full of it.

I profit from the fear mongering liberal preach. When liberals scream gun bans in righteous outrage, my profits always go up.

So thank you for politicizing the event which drive my profits.

I swear I deal with morons.
Why are you angry about that supposed liberal preaching if it is making you wealthy?

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So because they didn't prosecute a large enough percentage the laws isn't working, the denial of thousands of people means a law isn't working.

The solution is in greater control over guns, universal background checks, more severe penalties, increased waiting periods and a ban on assault weapons. They cant even ban bump stocks so I don't have much fait.

That means 40,000 criminals, whom we can't trust with firearms and who have attempted to purchase firearms, are let loose on the streets EACH YEAR!

How does that mean the law works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or