Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 07:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What use does an AK-47 have in the hands of US civilians?
If you have never fired one you will never know. The so-called assault riffle isn't my cup of tea, but I can't deny how much fun they are to shoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gun sales surging.

Liberals will never learn.

Thank you for the profits I will be enjoying.
What are you a gun dealer?

It's a very predictable and I'd even argue logical response. People are assuming the government is fixing to ban or heavily restrict sales of semi-automatic weapons...a not totally irrational suspicion to have. They want to get them before they aren't easy to get any longer.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Hunting and target shooting. The ones you can buy are semi auto just like almost all rifles.
You can buy automatic ones also but they are rather more expensive than most people can afford ($10,000-20,000 maybe) and there is a little ATF paperwork to fill out. They are called "Title II" or "Class 3" firearms...full auto AK's, M16's, MP5's, Uzi's, Thompsons, Tek-9's, that kind of stuff. They are not illegal to own if you can afford them and have a clean enough criminal record.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
What are you a gun dealer?

It's a very predictable and I'd even argue logical response. People are assuming the government is fixing to ban or heavily restrict sales of semi-automatic weapons...a not totally irrational suspicion to have. They want to get them before they aren't easy to get any longer.
I also deal in machine guns. There was an uptick in those sales.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The car/swimming pool screed is one of my favorites demonstrating the ridiculous lengths that gunsters will go to avoid admitting that guns are dangerous.

I remember when "libs" were trying to get seat belt laws passed and conservatives were throwing a fit about it. I remember when Ralph Nadar was promoting legislation for vehicle safety laws and conservatives considered him the devil incarnate. Ironically, all these laws and legislation reduced traffic deaths.

And the swimming pool thing is even more ridiculous. We don't have an epidemic of people running around drowning people in swimming pools. When's the last time there was a headline that said "22 people killed in mass drowning?"
Not one single knowledgeable pro gun person will say guns aren’t dangerous. The whole purpose of the swimming pool argument is to point out how hypocritical the anti gun crowd is. There are dozens of everyday things that are taken for granted which account for far more deaths on an annual basis which the anti gun crowd conveniently ignore. None of them are protected by a Constitutional amendment, yet the one single thing that the anti gun crowd focuses on is the one that is protected. If it were really about the deaths, the anti gun crowd would be going after those other things before they’d be worrying about one of the least used tools of violent people (rifles in general account for a minuscule amount of murder weapons in general, with so-called assault rifles accounting for even less).

Mass shootings are terrorist attacks. Plain and simple. The entire purpose of them is to terrorize communities and thereby become known. It amazes me that any American is willing to be so manipulated by terrorists that they are willing to undermine the very foundation of our nation, and to do so illegally. Typically the same crowd that tries to restrict firearms by end running the Constitution is the group that lost their minds over the Iraq war because “Iraq didn’t have anything to do with 9/11.†Yet, they are so locked in on guns being the issue that they refuse to even consider the arguments of the people who are knowledgeable about firearms and have actually looked at the statistics which show gun bans, background checks, and gun free zones don’t stop mass shooters.

Even more boggling is that the anti gun group generally supports the party that is responsible for the majority of violence in our nation’s history. The Civil War, the Jim Crow era, Japanese internment camps, all were brought to us by Democrats - the same party that supports unconstitutional infringements of the 2nd Amendment. Utterly amazing.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What use does an AK-47 have in the hands of US civilians?
Ask the Koreans in LA Riot.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I also deal in machine guns. There was an uptick in those sales.
They are overpriced toys for rich guys. I wish I'd bought a bunch prior to 1986.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Ask the Koreans in LA Riot.
That was an Uzi IIRC.

They told the media it was a fake but I am pretty sure that was poppycock. The LA riots were what? 1991? You could buy an Uzi up until the 1986 ban so it is not any big stretch that it was a legally owned weapon.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They are overpriced toys for rich guys. I wish I'd bought a bunch prior to 1986.
Liberals drove the prices up. And yet people still buy them. And liberals scratch their heads in wonderment.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:49 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

That means 40,000 criminals, whom we can't trust with firearms and who have attempted to purchase firearms, are let loose on the streets EACH YEAR!

How does that mean the law works?
The glass is half full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies