U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM

542 posts, read 597,000 times

Advertisements

Guns are here. Criminals by definition won’t care that much about any new law.

2A was meant to protect us from a runaway government, so I say by all means, more guns to us.

We do have a problem with misuse of guns, though. We should tackle that cause instead of the tool, maybe? Gee, what a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

15,331 posts, read 13,453,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Liberals will never learn what exactly?

That more guns, with few restrictions results in more mass shootings?
Thanks for the reminder but we all know that already.
But gun rights supporters will tell you the more guns everybody has the more safer we are from the government taking away everybody's guns.

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

33,505 posts, read 14,126,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We already have universal BG checks...No mass shooter has ever used an assault weapon.
No we do not have universal background checks and if your definition of an assault weapon doesn't include an AR-15 that can unload a clip in seconds then you need to revise your definition. Please spare me the semantics, if a any gun can kill that many people within a seconds its an assault weapon.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

24,543 posts, read 12,118,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No we do not have universal background checks and if your definition of an assault weapon doesn't include an AR-15 that can unload a clip in seconds then you need to revise your definition, and please spare me the semantics.
What’s a “clip”?

Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

10,978 posts, read 2,835,773 times
Quote:
No we do not have universal background checks and if your definition of an assault weapon doesn't include an AR-15 that can unload a clip in seconds then you need to revise your definition. Please spare me the semantics, if a any gun can kill that many people within a seconds its an assault weapon.
If the AR15 was an assault rifle, why doesnt the US give crates of these to other countries or rebel factions they are helping? Even when the US provided the mexican cartels with weapons in operation fast and furious, it WAS NOT crates of AR15s...its was actually AK47s (the standard when it comes to real assault rifles).

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What’s a “clip”?
Like I stated, spare me the sematic arguments. I called them a clip in Vietnam and you know perfectly well what that means but want to argue definitions to make believe you are oh just so knowledgeable. Anything else to offer??

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM

542 posts, read 597,000 times
Let’s play the assault weapon definition game a little bit.

A handgun has a mag which you can drop just as fast, if not faster, than most rifles. Is a handgun then an assault weapon?

Maybe a BAR is an assault weapon? Sure, it’s 20lbs and is hard to control on full auto, but it was the among the first rifle-cartridge full-auto guns which could be operated by a single person.

How about a mini-14? Never intended as a military weapon, but it’s a pretty potent piece.

Or an FN Five-Seven? A pistol with a little bitty high velocity round meant to be a close range armor penetrator.

Legislators can’t keep up. I can’t keep up. Someone will come up with some definition for what guns will be banned, and there will be a way around it. Always.

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If the AR15 was an assault rifle, why doesnt the US give crates of these to other countries or rebel factions they are helping? Even when the US provided the mexican cartels with weapons in operation fast and furious, it WAS NOT crates of AR15s...its was actually AK47s (the standard when it comes to real assault rifles).
So back to the question, does a weapon that can kill that many people within a minute an assault rifle or are you going to claim that because it wasn't full auto its no big deal.

F & F didn't give anyone "crates" they were purchase in gun stores in Arizona. Same as always before and after and you know why, because it is so easy to purchase guns in the US but nice deflection. AR-15 is just as effective as and AR-15 almost no difference except for one and by the way it wasn't just AK47's, maybe you have a link to your claim of "crates".

Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Like I stated, spare me the sematic arguments. I called them a clip in Vietnam and you know perfectly well what that means but want to argue definitions to make believe you are oh just so knowledgeable. Anything else to offer??
The only “clip” I know of is an en bloc clip for a Garand M1.

I cringe when people think they know what they are talking about and come off sounding like a dunce. And no one takes you seriously.

I don’t give a fig what you claimed others called them, the terminology is incorrect. Want to sound like you know what you are talking about, then be accurate.

And I just took delivery of about 20 AR-15s from Bushmaster. Ready for resale. Got a bunch of AR-10s coming from Armalite.

God, I love liberals, they are so good at driving up prices with their blather.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Quote:
So back to the question, does a weapon that can kill that many people within a minute an assault rifle or are you going to claim that because it wasn't full auto its no big deal.

F & F didn't give anyone "crates" they were purchase in gun stores in Arizona. Same as always before and after and you know why, because it is so easy to purchase guns in the US but nice deflection. AR-15 is just as effective as and AR-15 almost no difference except for one and by the way it wasn't just AK47's, maybe you have a link to your claim of "crates".
Any weapon can be an assault weapon if used to assault someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or