U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 06:01 AM

33,798 posts, read 14,233,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"How about universally stricter gun laws"

As long as they comply with the 2nd amendment.

The PROBLEM most anti-gunners have, is they DON'T want to abide by the 2nd amendment.

Like I has said over and over, If you want to AMEND the 2nd amendment, GO FOR IT! Until then it is all just hot air and wishful thinking.
There are already restrictions, no one is prevented from owning a gun if they meet the criteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 06:24 AM

37,955 posts, read 16,412,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm sure there are other rifles, just addressing the point that the AR-15 isn't much different than the M16 and the AK47. I don't recall any of those being used in any of the mass shootings.
"just addressing the point that the AR-15 isn't much different than the M16 and the AK47"

Then you DON'T know much about guns! What a SURPRISE!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-14-2019 at 06:35 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 06:31 AM

10,156 posts, read 4,751,717 times
Calling a magazine a clip is like calling a rifle a gun In the Army. That is not well accepted.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
There are already restrictions, no one is prevented from owning a gun if they meet the criteria.
"There are already restrictions," and MOST do NOT comply with the 2nd Amendment.

Dem appointed judges have backed upped the anti-gunners and as I have said with Trump REPLACING more ans MORE of them, I believe MANY of these state laws will be challenged an overturned just as with the Wash. D.C. hand gun law that was on the books for YEARS, was overturned.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Calling a magazine a clip is like calling a rifle a gun In the Army. That is not well accepted.
"This is my rifle, this is my gun.........", was beat into MANY a new recruits head.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:44 AM

10,156 posts, read 4,751,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"This is my rifle, this is my gun.........", was beat into MANY a new recruits head.
Sure was and not nicely.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:54 AM

2,778 posts, read 1,994,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh, no need to thank us. Thank YOU for the deaths in El Paso and Dayton. Our deepest gratitude for school shootings like the ones at Newtown and Columbine. So glad that you are able to make a profit from the deaths of hundreds of your fellow Americans. It's posts like this that ensure I will never ever vote republican.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:07 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,521,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
If you're a thief, are you going to rob the donut shop with a guy sitting there with an AK and a cup of coffee?

Face it, you are just consumed with fear. What's that acronym lefties like to use. Oh yeah, FUD.

I've spent considerable time around the armed forces in bad places under worse conditions. They had considerable firepower within arms reach. You think I was worried they were going to crack and start shooting everybody? It never crossed my mind. But you, you're worried about some rando crazy and want to disarm EVERYONE. It's irrational and it makes you a sheep.
Still, if one can't enjoy a cup of coffee without being openly armed with an AK, then I think that country has become too dangerous for good, decent, peaceful people in live in.

Also are you not bright enough to realize if your back is turned to the armed thief that he will shoot you first? But then maybe you would be bright enough to always sit facing the entrance. But it would be a more brighter time for concealed carry. Carry conceal allowed surely discourages a few armed robbers.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-14-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 11:09 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,188,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If one can't enjoy a cup of coffee without being openly armed with an AK, then I think that country has become too dangerous for good, decent, peaceful people in live in.
Great idea......Seinfeld has coffee and cars, how bout coffee and guns? I like it, I like it a lot.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,614,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Still, if one can't enjoy a cup of coffee without being openly armed with an AK, then I think that country has become too dangerous for good, decent, peaceful people in live in.
Funny you should say that..........for if something goes down while I'm drinking that coffee, that mug could be the first thing I use as a weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Enjoy.
Ban on bullets will solve the murder issues.
Well aside that the USSC has already ruled against that (guns without ammunition are not arms).....it would probably also be the death of many of a states wildlife programs. That is, it is the taxes on ammo that usually pays for those programs.

Quote:
I'm sure there are other rifles, just addressing the point that the AR-15 isn't much different than the M16 and the AK47. I don't recall any of those being used in any of the mass shootings.
Hmmmm, this reminds me of a scenario I went through in the early part of this century. You are out alone on desert patrol and you come across a drug plane being loaded. Say a DC-3, pick up trucks, burros, people. You have an AR-10. What do you do? The response was that you want that AR-10 to be fully automatic (I am not sure if there are any in the current model) and quickly hit your targets to put them on foot and you to get the heck out of there. You lay down quick bursts on your targets...........

.........and you are telling me an AR-15 is not much different than an M-16. It's great as a sniper rifle, for 100 yards, but I certainly wouldn't want to use a SA in the above scenario, alone.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 08-14-2019 at 11:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or