U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 07:58 PM

33,800 posts, read 14,238,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Hmmmm, this reminds me of a scenario I went through in the early part of this century. You are out alone on desert patrol and you come across a drug plane being loaded. Say a DC-3, pick up trucks, burros, people. You have an AR-10. What do you do? The response was that you want that AR-10 to be fully automatic (I am not sure if there are any in the current model) and quickly hit your targets to put them on foot and you to get the heck out of there. You lay down quick bursts on your targets...........

.........and you are telling me an AR-15 is not much different than an M-16. It's great as a sniper rifle, for 100 yards, but I certainly wouldn't want to use a SA in the above scenario, alone.
Both the AR15 and M16 can unload 20 round in seconds full or semi, what’s the difference these mass shooters aren’t shooting from 100 yards. Reported the Philadelphia shooter had an AR15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 08:08 PM

10,159 posts, read 4,754,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Both the AR15 and M16 can unload 20 round in seconds full or semi, whatís the difference these mass shooters arenít shooting from 100 yards. Reported the Philadelphia shooter had an AR15.
So can 50 other rifles including a 22 semi auto Marlin from the 1950s. Where would you stop? Ban all hunting rifles?

Old 08-14-2019, 08:21 PM

33,800 posts, read 14,238,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So can 50 other rifles including a 22 semi auto Marlin from the 1950s. Where would you stop? Ban all hunting rifles?
I think you are making the case for a wider ban, I agree but I was just addressing the AR15 but yes Iím sure there are others.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:13 PM

24,819 posts, read 12,223,788 times
Quote:
Both the AR15 and M16 can unload 20 round in seconds full or semi, whatís the difference these mass shooters arenít shooting from 100 yards. Reported the Philadelphia shooter had an AR15.
And they are great fun to shoot. Good luck with any ban.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:16 PM

10,159 posts, read 4,754,745 times
Quote:
I think you are making the case for a wider ban, I agree but I was just addressing the AR15 but yes Iím sure there are others.
So you would outlaw hunting?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:26 PM

10,098 posts, read 5,617,344 times
Quote:

The thing is that the M16 (or a fully auto AR-10) can unload those rounds on the same target but it's pretty hard for the -15 to do so because one's target lock is broken on each pull of the trigger.

The "hilarious" thing is that in another thread, someone wanted to say that I could maintain my military skill with a .22 rifle. I believe it is possible for someone to shoot a .22 with multiple shots on one target lock because the recoil is so low, one's target lock is not broken with each pull of the trigger.

As far as mass shooters not aiming and engaging at minimal ranges, one could probably do similar damage with a shotgun. At the very least, they could reduce others to sitting ducks.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

4,897 posts, read 4,465,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gun sales surging.

Liberals will never learn.

Thank you for the profits I will be enjoying.
I just want to be the first to congratulate you on all the profits you will be enjoying thanks to the latest mass shooting in Odessa, Texas. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your bank account.

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,885,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I just want to be the first to congratulate you on all the profits you will be enjoying thanks to the latest mass shooting in Odessa, Texas. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your bank account.
In that case, you should be congratulated for your kill count. After all, the gun free zones that you and your fellow anti gunners support resulted in a threefold increase in school shootings. Arenít you proud?

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM

9,434 posts, read 2,880,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
In that case, you should be congratulated for your kill count. After all, the gun free zones that you and your fellow anti gunners support resulted in a threefold increase in school shootings. Arenít you proud?
Ah yes, well, except that today's shooting did not occur in any gun-free zones. A parking lot, out on the open street, and other random, open locations.

I hope you're proud.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

7,714 posts, read 2,751,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gun sales surging.

Liberals will never learn.

Thank you for the profits I will be enjoying.
It doesn;t matter right? I mean you always says criminals always get guns so I guess more guns for criminals now. Rejoice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or