U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:48 AM

9,841 posts, read 4,672,021 times

Advertisements

And the CDC decided to include anyone up to age 25 in the child deaths from guns so they could include "gang killings" in the total, since most are under 25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:48 AM

23,604 posts, read 12,457,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
But in the grand picture, more children drown in pools than people are killed in mass shootings. By a factor of 10.

There are 100 kids a year killed in accidental drownings in pools.
There are 1300 kids killed in accidental gun incidents.

Old Today, 11:02 AM

19,624 posts, read 12,373,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nope, all kinds. Sold a Thompson the other day.
Full auto? How much did it go for?

Old Today, 11:03 AM

19,624 posts, read 12,373,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The car/swimming pool screed is one of my favorites demonstrating the ridiculous lengths that gunsters will go to avoid admitting that guns are dangerous.

I remember when "libs" were trying to get seat belt laws passed and conservatives were throwing a fit about it. I remember when Ralph Nadar was promoting legislation for vehicle safety laws and conservatives considered him the devil incarnate. Ironically, all these laws and legislation reduced traffic deaths.

And the swimming pool thing is even more ridiculous. We don't have an epidemic of people running around drowning people in swimming pools. When's the last time there was a headline that said "22 people killed in mass drowning?"

I support the use of seatbelts and airbags- they save lives.

Taking guns away from a population has led to the deaths of hundreds of millions.

See 20th century history.

Old Today, 11:09 AM

1,107 posts, read 193,937 times
I have learned that Gun Sales spike for darn near reason. At least at my gun range this is acknowledged, we all use any excuse to buy some crap I don't need that will sit in on a shelf or a safe with little use.

The numbers don't lie and the two gun store owners I visit also don't lie. Most people buying guns when a threat is made are people who already have guns.

Seems to follow he same rules for most things in America. There is always a surge when false scarcity is invoked. See this in Florida all the time with the sale of water and generators during the hurricane season. A vailed threat to us sends thousands out boarding up windows and buying gallons of water before we even know if the storm is coming to Florida.

Old Today, 11:09 AM

7,399 posts, read 4,288,166 times
It's disturbing how many people out there now think that these are faked by the Deep State to push gun control.

No serious gun control measures ever come out of these. What does happen is gun sales skyrocket. So if there's conspiracy anywhere it would be among gun dealers/manufacturers.

Old Today, 11:21 AM

9,091 posts, read 2,791,816 times
Quote:
But in the grand picture, more children drown in pools than people are killed in mass shootings. By a factor of 10.
Every day, about 10 people drown to death in the US, whereas there are about 30 gun homicides per day.

Cons have to make up their own statistics to support their arguments.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

6,890 posts, read 3,817,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gun sales surging.

Liberals will never learn.

Thank you for the profits I will be enjoying.

Liberals will never learn what exactly?

That more guns, with few restrictions results in more mass shootings?
Thanks for the reminder but we all know that already.

Old Today, 11:24 AM

9,091 posts, read 2,791,816 times
Quote:
Also, according to this logic, we should legalize ownership of nuclear weapons. Because, after all, nuclear weapons haven't killed anyone in a long, long time. So they must be even safer than guns!

Old Today, 11:31 AM

8,203 posts, read 5,856,611 times
You could have waited til those that died were in the ground before gloating. Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or