Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 12:52 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And best of luck on that ever happening
Yet here is yet another thread worried about confiscation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 01:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Be afraid when they finally have control of everything, from all the branches of government, right on down to all of the major cities. They will pass gun confiscation acts, and will even require the police to use rubber bullets, and that only the military can have weapons. It's going to happen, just a matter of time.
If, a big of, that ever happens, I will be long dead and forgotten.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:34 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We never pretended gun laws will rid criminals of guns. That's a stupid claim. We just think it makes a lot of sense to make it harder for people who should not own a gun to easily obtain one. Why this is even a debate in this country is amazing.

If it prevents even one shooting don't you think that would be worth it?. Or will you stick with the selfish "thou shall not infringe" mentality that tells the world that you don't care that children continue to be slaughtered as long as the gun owner can get what he wants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe, might, could, perhaps. Crystal ball stuff doesn't belong in the conversation.
Could you please point out where I used any of those words in my post?

Thanks.

Dear Lord the gun nuts are out of control in this country. To assume tighter background checks is "just the start" that will result in the seizure of law abiding citizens' guns is completely idiotic. The 2nd Amendment is not going anywhere, and I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. To believe there is any chance of this being repealed are the words of an idiot. Period.

Honestly what the Hell is wrong with you people? You can keep your guns, most all of us are fine with that. We simply want to make it harder for the next Adam Lanza to legally purchase a gun. Why is this so difficult?????

Old 08-11-2019, 02:37 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:

Thanks.

Dear Lord the gun nuts are out of control in this country. To assume tighter background checks is "just the start" that will result in the seizure of law abiding citizens' guns is completely idiotic. The 2nd Amendment is not going anywhere, and I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Honestly what the Hell is wrong with you people? You can keep your guns, most all of that are fine with that. We simply want to make it harder for the next Adam Lanza to legally purchase a gun. Why is this so difficult?????
Tell us, smart guy, how you measure something in the future. Then after that, tell us how you block two people exchanging a firearm in their garage.

We have to pass it to see what's in it.....comes to mind. Let's pass a stupid law to see if it works and if it doesn't we rescind it....said no lefty ever.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Tell us, smart guy, how you measure something in the future. Then after that, tell us how you block two people exchanging a firearm in their garage.

We have to pass it to see what's in it.....comes to mind. Let's pass a stupid law to see if it works and if it doesn't we rescind it....said no lefty ever.
"Smart guy"? Now that was a bit unnecessary. But I'll play your game.

I have no idea what your comment regarding exchanging firearms in a garage has to do with my position. I never pretended the black market won't exist, or that criminals will no longer be able to obtain firearms. I am simply pointing out that people with known mental health issues such as the Sandy Hook and Parkland shooters should NOT be able to simply walk into a gun store and purchase a weapon. This won't prevent you from making a purchase, assuming you aren't as crazy are your post history would indicate. But why not make it harder for the crazy idiots to kill people? Why are we even debating this? Oh right, because you are ignorant and selfish.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:

Thanks.

Dear Lord the gun nuts are out of control in this country. To assume tighter background checks is "just the start" that will result in the seizure of law abiding citizens' guns is completely idiotic. The 2nd Amendment is not going anywhere, and I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. To believe there is any chance of this being repealed are the words of an idiot. Period.

Honestly what the Hell is wrong with you people? You can keep your guns, most all of us are fine with that. We simply want to make it harder for the next Adam Lanza to legally purchase a gun. Why is this so difficult?????
Let’s see how this stupid background check has been working.

Of about 40,000 people who failed the background check each year, less than 70 were prosecuted.

I must remind you that failing background check often is a federal crime punishable up to 10 years.

Yeah, I am sure more background check would do wonder.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:06 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,069 times
Quote:

Thanks.

Adam Lanza got his weapon from his mother. Should we restrict the parents'/aunt's/uncle's/grandparent's/sibling's/neighbor's/friend's right to buy a firearm because somebody like Adam may exist in the friends and family circle?

Old 08-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Adam Lanza got his weapon from his mother. Should we restrict the parents'/aunt's/uncle's/grandparent's/sibling's/neighbor's/friend's right to buy a firearm because somebody like Adam may exist in the friends and family circle?
You actually are arguing that it's OK for a guy like this to own a gun. I have no idea how anyone can feel this way but this is the country we live in. I was simply using Lanza as an example of the type of person who should not be allowed to purchase a gun.

This is not happening in other countries. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:20 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
Quote:
You actually are arguing that it's OK for a guy like this to own a gun. I have no idea how anyone can feel this way but this is the country we live in. I was simply using Lanza as an example of the type of person who should not be allowed to purchase a gun.

This is not happening in other countries. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
Lanza did not own a gun. He stole the one he used. As for the Parkland shooter, the police had been called on him over 30 times and they did nothing.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Of the hundreds of mass shootings, name one case that actually happened.
Less than 10% of the people were armed, I bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies