Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 09:29 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Dept of Homeland Security should be tasked with:

- finding/using high tech tools (and using high tech tools) to identify and locate at-risk individuals in the U.S. who could be showing signs related to mass shooters.

- following up on every report given about some kid in a school who is making threats, making a list of people to kill, etc, etc.

- using every high tech tool in conjunction with the NSA to infiltrate online forums, the dark web, search engines to find anyone who has or is making threats, within the last month, last week, and on a daily basis.

- there should be some way of using technology/highdef cameras to scan and visually identify any person who is armed with a rifle and/or certain types of guns, wearing a kevlar vest or other key signatures, within 500+ yards of a school, populated areas, malls, etc.

This is a fight that needs to happen using the best technology, as widely as possible. The technology exists already.
I can tell you right away what will happen if all those measures would be implemented.
Mass shooters will just switch to become mass bombers. I can name you at least 5 ways of making explosives from common household goods. Also, for example, I know chemistry pretty well to create even more explosives with just bare minimum of off-the-shelf school chem equipment; I'm pretty sure that if a psycho is dedicated, he can do that too, and quite easily - it's pretty simple, really. And he then will just blow up whatever he will want. Some can go as far as make simplest grenades. The end result would be the same or worse.

And if you would be able to combat that, then they will switch to mass poisoners.

Guns don't kill people. People do.

And no, I don't own any gun Just too lazy, I guess.

Last edited by kanonka; 08-11-2019 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So back to the question, does a weapon that can kill that many people within a minute an assault rifle or are you going to claim that because it wasn't full auto its no big deal.

F & F didn't give anyone "crates" they were purchase in gun stores in Arizona. Same as always before and after and you know why, because it is so easy to purchase guns in the US but nice deflection. AR-15 is just as effective as and AR-15 almost no difference except for one and by the way it wasn't just AK47's, maybe you have a link to your claim of "crates".
Besides F&F, any other time the US has acted as an arms dealer and provided 'crates' of weapons to rebel factions that the US sides with, or factions trying to revolt against govts unfriendly to the US...in these cases, they are NOT giving them anything less than full auto machine guns...why do you think that is, especially if the AR can kill just as many people?

As far as I know, NO US gun manufacturer, produces a version of the AK47 currently either.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Besides F&F, any other time the US has acted as an arms dealer and provided 'crates' of weapons to rebel factions that the US sides with, or factions trying to revolt against govts unfriendly to the US...in these cases, they are NOT giving them anything less than full auto machine guns...why do you think that is, especially if the AR can kill just as many people?

As far as I know, NO US gun manufacturer, produces a version of the AK47 currently either.
I understand what you trying to prove, but, for the sake of truth, AK47 as well as AK74 is given to rebels for only one reason: reliability in any condition. Normally guns require at least some care. Rebels are usually not the smartest people in their countries (otherwise they just would not be rebels ). Or, to put it strait, rebels usually are the dumbest ones. They have no clue how to care for guns. Hey, don't even have a clue that guns should be cared for And AK47/74 fills the requirement. Cases are known when AK47 was laying in a swamp for tens of years, then was taken out, and was able to fire immediately without cleaning

Try that with AR-15

Old 08-11-2019, 09:47 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
I understand what you trying to prove, but, for the sake of truth, AK47 as well as AK74 is given to rebels for only one reason: reliability in any condition. Normally guns require at least some care. Rebels are usually not the smartest people in their countries (otherwise they just would not be rebels ). Or, to put it strait, rebels usually are the dumbest ones. They have no clue how to care for guns. Hey, don't even have a clue that guns should be cared for And AK47/74 fills the requirement. Cases are known when AK47 was laying in a swamp for tens of years, then was taken out, and was able to fire immediately without cleaning

Try that with AR-15
Ya sure about that?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

Old 08-11-2019, 09:47 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The only “clip†I know of is an en bloc clip for a Garand M1.

I cringe when people think they know what they are talking about and come off sounding like a dunce. And no one takes you seriously.

I don’t give a fig what you claimed others called them, the terminology is incorrect. Want to sound like you know what you are talking about, then be accurate.

And I just took delivery of about 20 AR-15s from Bushmaster. Ready for resale. Got a bunch of AR-10s coming from Armalite.

God, I love liberals, they are so good at driving up prices with their blather.
I guess you weren't in Vietnam or anywhere else, you would have heard the term, keep cringing and arguing a senseless point. Gun experts are just so fascinating.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Pretty sure. In that link it says right upfront they are testing AK made in Romania. There are probably even worse copies in existence, but I just don't know where. The more or less decent copies were made in Germany and (sometimes) Poland, but still not on par with original ones.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:04 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If you have never fired one you will never know. The so-called assault riffle isn't my cup of tea, but I can't deny how much fun they are to shoot.
The question is is this fun worth more lives? I understand an AK 47 is not an "assault rife" but it very design results in more deaths per second than other guns. Again what we are asking is that a gun like this should not be made so readily available for guys like the Parkland shooter or Adam Lanza's mom to purchase. With different guns there is no doubt less people die. I understand there is always a way for a whack job to kill but why not make it harder for him instead of easy?

But that does not seem to be possible for the gun nuts, they won't give an inch which gives us libs a feeling that they don't care how many children die as long as their right are preserved. And that's why I refer to them as selfish.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:09 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Be afraid when they finally have control of everything, from all the branches of government, right on down to all of the major cities. They will pass gun confiscation acts, and will even require the police to use rubber bullets, and that only the military can have weapons. It's going to happen, just a matter of time.
"They will pass gun confiscation acts" Ask the people of Katrina who had their shotguns "confiscated" when trying to protect their proprieties from the looters.

DEM Senator is on record saying, If she could she Would CONFISCATE ALL guns. And she is NOT the only dem politician who has expressed the same.

"Give them an inch and they will take a MILE"

Old 08-12-2019, 10:17 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So Americans must continue to lead a life of panicking and fleeing for their lives when they hear bangs, because they might be the real thing. After all, it's of far graver importance to protect the 2nd Amendment than it is to protect innocent people from gunfire.
" So Americans must continue to lead a life of panicking and fleeing for their lives when they hear bangs" YET the BIGGEST abuse of guns comes from DEM CONTROLLED cites and states and they do NOTHING about it. Their "answer is BAN SO-called assault weapons.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:18 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No we do not have universal background checks and if your definition of an assault weapon doesn't include an AR-15 that can unload a clip in seconds then you need to revise your definition. Please spare me the semantics, if a any gun can kill that many people within a seconds its an assault weapon.
Then you would include my semi auto 22 that I have had since 1956 as an assault rifle? It is one shot per trigger pull just like an AR15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies