U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

6,506 posts, read 3,633,793 times

Advertisements

My husband owns guns. Last Winter we were woken up in the middle of the night to sounds in our driveway. Strange car parked in our driveway.

Husband got out his gun, BUT called 9/11. No CRIME had been committed, but police still came within 10 minutes. They questioned the driver and found out he was out he was our next door seasonal neighbor. He couldn't get into his own driveway which had over a foot of snow on it.

Why did police even bother to come????? Should husband have gone out at 2 AM with a loaded gun and pointed it at the driver who turned out to be our neighbor? He apologized to us for not letting us know he was coming.

WHY did the police even come? No robbery had ever occurred. Police are only there to solve a crime AFTER it has occurred, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

10,884 posts, read 13,754,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Must be sad to have so much of your identity be so intertwined with TRYING TO TAKE AWAY everybody's possession of guns.

It's to the point where you feel only YOU are a true citizen, while anyone who doesn't have your obsession isn't one.
No, a big part of my identity is being a rational human being, and not feeling obliged to continue to humor irrational paranoid overgrown children's power fetishes when smart public policies behooves that we move in a different direction.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

10,884 posts, read 13,754,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And that sir, is how evil tyrants are taken care of.
Sacrificing your life so the lives of others are better and never harmed by that person.
Randomly killing people that have never harmed or stole from you, is evil.
Ah, your true self comes out.

How many nut bags on this forum call taxes "tyranny". Anyone we know?

Is the IRS man a "tyrant" who should be "taken care of" by the heroic person

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

7 posts, read 517 times
I own guns
But I seldom feel the need to be armed.

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

25,171 posts, read 9,805,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Would they be able to shut down there camps with their AR-15's? Nope. Whats the point of having a gun then? When have armed American citizens ever used their guns for the betterment of our nation or to stop injustice?
Every time a property owner blows the head off a burglar, rapist, murderer who has entered said property an angel gets its wings.

And a gun has been used to stop injustice.

You're welcome.

Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Ah, your true self comes out.

How many nut bags on this forum call taxes "tyranny". Anyone we know?

Is the IRS man a "tyrant" who should be "taken care of" by the heroic person
What happens when you don't pay taxes? They ask you nicely to pay and then wave a finger at you?

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I don't want to be armed. Are you going to force me?
No.

You will use the arms of the State to take away my arms though.

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

15,275 posts, read 13,444,504 times
Quote:
Why should you not own a firearm? You are in violation of the 2nd amendment and the Militia act, if you are unarmed.
As the militia, you are to be well regulated in the use of your arms. Militia must have the ability to bear arms. You are in direct violation of the 2nd amendment.
The shooters are likely to be not just well armed but well armored as well with bullet proof vests and other protective gear. Do you expect me to also be well armored as well every time I walk out the front door?

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

2,197 posts, read 666,187 times
Quote:
I could point you to the Civil War. Making everyone equal, happened. Was it political or for the betterment of the nation.
The civil war was organized and directed by the government, it wasn't an organic upraising of armed American citizens. BTW where were all those freedom loving armed Americans during the Jim Crow era, when black people were having their rights trampled on everyday? Where were freedom loving armed Americans when the police sicked dogs on civil rights protesters in Alabama. Where were the freedom loving armed Americans when Japanese people were forced into camps? Nowhere to be found. I have zero faith that armed Americans will ever stand up for our rights, they never have and never will.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The shooters are likely to be not just well armed but well armored as well with bullet proof vests and other protective gear. Do you expect me to also be well armored as well every time I walk out the front door?
You should be able to wear whatever you want. Property rights are absolute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or