U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

34,586 posts, read 41,771,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who told you, that you do not ever need to be armed?
Why shouldn't you yourself, own a firearm? Is there something about you, that you are too dangerous to possess a firearm?

Who owns you? Do you have a Master, that told you to never be armed?

Warren v District of Columbia

It is to be expected from an uneducated society, since most Americans are victims of the world's greatest propaganda ministry, and are loathe to read their own laws and history.
Sit down, Shut up, Pay & Obey
Seems you are all for a totally armed society where every one has guns, whats the difference from being in a prison like environment or a police state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM

14,402 posts, read 11,735,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Police cannot be relied upon for anything and often help victimize you. My forced husband's cop buddies stood around watching him hurt me like it was entertainment. That is the way they are. Even after I finally got my divorce and escaped the state, his cop buddies helped him track me down. I ended up having to stop updating my driver's license when I moved to try and prevent him from getting my address again. I had zero rights. I was not allowed to own a gun because I was still a minor when the victimization began.

I bought my first gun when I was in my 30s. I trust my gun long before I'd trust a cop. I have never once had a cop come to my rescue. Even when I had domestic violence order against the thing, the cops refused to enforce it even when I was attacked in front of them. I'd have to be pretty stupid to ever trust a cop again. Had I had a gun back when it started I could've shot him dead and been spared years of psychological torture having to move from one place to another when he'd find me again. He couldn't have gotten sole legal custody of a child conceived from his rapes. I could have been spared much suffering if I'd been allowed the means to protect myself from harm.

My experiences with LE have not been positive for the most part either. A couple ties they were actually helpful but in the greater percentage I found myself being treated as a criminal while the real criminal was ignored. In the one instance I had to fire my weapon in self defense it took the police 20 minutes after the shots were fired for the first cop to show up.

I certainly would have received any help from them during the incident and the lead up to it. They did a good job once they got there but there was little for them to do. I have never had a cop anywhere nearby when I needed one to be around. Dealing with the situation was always up to me. Whatever the situation was. In both urban and rural settings.

And I have also seen the "blue wall" in action. Cops watch out for cops. No matter what. That is the rule written or not. The reality is that we need to watch out for ourselves.

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

67,097 posts, read 34,135,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Ah, your true self comes out.

How many nut bags on this forum call taxes "tyranny". Anyone we know?

Is the IRS man a "tyrant" who should be "taken care of" by the heroic person
The 16th amendment is the root of all problems with maintaining individual Freedom and Liberty.

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

67,097 posts, read 34,135,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The civil war was organized and directed by the government, it wasn't an organic upraising of armed American citizens. BTW where were all those freedom loving armed Americans during the Jim Crow era, when black people were having their rights trampled on everyday? Where were freedom loving armed Americans when the police sicked dogs on civil rights protesters in Alabama. Where were the freedom loving armed Americans when Japanese people were forced into camps? Nowhere to be found. I have zero faith that armed Americans will ever stand up for our rights, they never have and never will.
The Formation of the Union Army was about as organic as it gets. The Confederacy even more so.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

27,843 posts, read 17,808,907 times
I have to think those on the left live in their own delusional little world, completely isolated from reality. Every time they propose some regressive new civil rights violation regarding the 2A, and propose to disarm innocent law abiding citizens-they refuse to discuss one little issue. How do they propose to disarm the actual, violent criminals? The government has declared many drugs illegal for decades-how effective have they been in taking drugs from the hands of criminals? Prisons have a level of security that the public will never see. How effective is the gov in keeping weapons such as "shanks" or drugs out of prison and ensuring the safety of those incarcerated? The government is unable to keep one of the nation's most notorious criminals safe when he is in custody-under suicide watch. And you want me to trust this same government to completely disarm all criminals and provide for my protection? Dream the F on.

Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM

10,978 posts, read 2,835,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Old people with failing eye sight and shaky hands should not be expected to be armed.

Children should not be expected to be armed.

Many people have religious convictions against arming themselves.

What about the vast number of people convicted of marijuana possession 20, 30 years ago who now are convicted felons and thus cannot own a gun legally even though they are not a threat to anyone.

It is silly to think that people can all be expected to be the masters of their own fate when it comes to violent crime by arming themselves. There is a reason we have a police force - so people can rely on them rather than arming themselves.
U do realize law enforcement is responsible for protecting citizens rights, (which includes gun rights), so in reality, law enforcement should be the LAST group trying to disarm anyone...and really, they should be handing out arms to people...rather than trying to take them away!!!

Old Today, 09:06 AM

14,402 posts, read 11,735,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
U do realize law enforcement is responsible for protecting citizens rights, (which includes gun rights), so in reality, law enforcement should be the LAST group trying to disarm anyone...and really, they should be handing out arms to people...rather than trying to take them away!!!

Actually it has been judicially ruled that LE has NO responsibility to the public for protection purposes of any kind. It does seem rather odd, but that is the case. Still you are correct. They should therefore be totally encouraging people to be prepared to protect themselves. Even to the point of providing the means to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or