U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM

10,316 posts, read 3,079,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I hope there is someone following who is making money off of Trump's stock manipulations.
I'm sure all his cronies are making plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 03:49 PM

39,437 posts, read 15,610,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sure all his cronies are making plenty.
You can bet on it.

Carl Icahn, and Putin are probably cleaning up.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:36 PM

8,048 posts, read 2,844,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Trump, keep up on American First!!! Don't let China away with punishing American companies.

The Globalists, the Leftists, the Marxists, the Deep State, keep talking about how Tariffs are going to cause a recession. Don't listen to them!!! They do not have American interests in heart.

So please Trump, make more Big, Bad and Beautiful Tariffs!!!!!!
He just postponed til Dec 15th a bunch of tariffs. so the globalist can make more money during the xmas season. Guess you will have to find a new hero.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,296,447 times
Trump imposes tariffs- Trump bad
Trump delays tariffs - Trump bad

Hillary lost, get over it already

Old 08-13-2019, 06:03 PM

17,317 posts, read 4,582,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
China loses too. They lose with Treasury value. And they still need USD's when doing business out in the world. That is a no win situation for them.
No.....I don't think you understand that one has to lose to WIN.

China already won. They now have an excuse for a couple decades not to trust us at all. They can make deals with others and when we complain they can say "Your POTUS said this about us!"....

That is just one example - but China has a largely planned economy (and an actual plan, unlike the USA) and they can adjust things...we cannot.

They already have won many skirmishes and battles in this. Your comment shoes the difference between east and west. They would look at "no win" as a lesson and they could change from there to protect their own people and country.

We will do nothing...in any case.

Believe me - the Chinese leaders have not had as many laughs and jokes for a LONG time....Trump will be something they will refer to in laughter fits for years!

They have, like any vast country, many things to deal with...which are vastly larger than a temporary child at the helm of the USA.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:04 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,180,265 times
I think the tariff's are needed, and don't think the postponing of the latest ones is a bad thing either. It takes time to transition supply lines and/or revive stateside facilities. It's also important to point out, that we need to better BALANCE trade, not eliminate it. Some things will make total sense to bring back or have made else ware, other things maybe not.
I know the trade commission is taking comments and requests for exclusion from Tariff's from many companies.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:07 PM

17,317 posts, read 4,582,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
The headlines are

Trump didn't fix health insurance
Trump didn't build the wall with mexican money
Trump didn't close the Southern Border
Trump didn't stop migrants (many more are coming...then his shipments back).
Trump economy is failing
Trump tariff-threats (we can't call them actual tariffs) are a joke...

and lots more.

I think you should take a quick look at his approval rating...
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Two and 1/2 years in and the American people aren't even nearly even 50/50. In fact, those figures mean 30% more disapprove...than approve. That is massive.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:09 PM

9,135 posts, read 4,084,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No.....I don't think you understand that one has to lose to WIN.

China already won. They now have an excuse for a couple decades not to trust us at all. They can make deals with others and when we complain they can say "Your POTUS said this about us!"....

That is just one example - but China has a largely planned economy (and an actual plan, unlike the USA) and they can adjust things...we cannot.

They already have won many skirmishes and battles in this. Your comment shoes the difference between east and west. They would look at "no win" as a lesson and they could change from there to protect their own people and country.

We will do nothing...in any case.

Believe me - the Chinese leaders have not had as many laughs and jokes for a LONG time....Trump will be something they will refer to in laughter fits for years!

They have, like any vast country, many things to deal with...which are vastly larger than a temporary child at the helm of the USA.
You missed my point. China loses if they would seriously dump Treasuries. Not that they would lose in the end.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:10 PM

11,942 posts, read 9,556,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post

Hillary lost, get over it already

Trump imposes tariffs - hes an idiot
Trump delays tariffs - hes still an idiot for talking tough and flinching

Old 08-13-2019, 06:11 PM

29,957 posts, read 40,371,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Trump imposes tariffs - hes an idiot
Trump delays tariffs - hes still an idiot for talking tough and flinching
Trump just negotiates with himself. Xi needs to do nothing but sit around and see where the idiot goes next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies