U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:31 PM

687 posts, read 607,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Thank God I left that state when I did. What a bunch of loony bins.
Kinda what I thought about CA until I actually left.

Ill take my ceramic knives with me. I only carry a 2 steel blade anyway.

Maybe as a real middle finger, Ill fail to register my .38 when I get there. Oh my, a 4 barrel wheel gun is so deadly and concealable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:33 PM

6,528 posts, read 3,641,545 times
So NY is going run Iron Chief Bobby Flay out of town? ROFL Guess they will have to cancel Food Network's NYC Food Festival as well? Only PLASTIC knives!!! Shut down all the Sushi and Hibachi restaurants? ROFL

You people are a bunch of idiots.

Old Today, 01:35 PM

11,159 posts, read 6,251,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pretty soon, he will ban metals
Some of those sporks can be rather sharp too

Old Today, 01:52 PM

9,988 posts, read 5,568,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I doubt this. But even if true, then sell these knives without a point, as they do in Britain. You don't need a point for cooking uses. You only need the point to stab someone. Also you could require that a chunk of metal be embedded into the handle so that the knife would not be undetectable. That would solve the issue.

I imagine being stabbed with this
https://www.divers-supply.com/uk-fus...yABEgJpXfD_BwE
would make a heck of a mess.

But there we go as to "why someone would need a plastic knife?"......if they were operating in an environment where a metal knife would be subject to "rust". I don't know of any dive knives that aren't a metal but it is conceivable that one might be in an unfriendly to metal environment.

One other thing to toss on to the table. Others have said why should people have knives that can get past metal detectors. Well, consider the opposite side of the coin of why the government must insist on having metal detectors to search its citizens? Just food for thought.

Old Today, 01:55 PM

14,445 posts, read 11,744,100 times
This reminds me of all the hoopla that came out about the Glock way back when. How it could just whizz by x ray machines without being seen and metal detectors as well. Uh huh. And then it was shown that even the polymer frame showed up plainly on x ray and since it is full of metal parts and the slide barrel etc were steel metal detectors went off on it as well.

A ceramic or polymer knife will still show on an x ray and many of them have metal parts on them as well. And I haven't seen any military or LE types carrying anything but metal knives. I could be wrong but I just haven't seen it myself.

Old Today, 02:28 PM

7,558 posts, read 3,109,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Good luck with that! I do however have a few letter openers that look just like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or