U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:48 AM

113 posts, read 7,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
ANYONE on this forum would flee any area where there is no food, people raping, killing, and forcing you out of your house and done by the govt.

There will be a special place in hell for some of this forum.
They can flee, but that doesn't mean we need to let them in. We can and should decide who comes to this country. It's our country. Our rules. And I'll gladly reserve my seat in Hell if that's what God thinks of my decision.

But even more to the point, Guatemalans are not starving, there is no civil war, they're running to this country because they want a better standard of living. And we, as Americans, have the right to say: NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:49 AM

27,383 posts, read 19,283,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
During all three of my daughter's births there were women in the maternity wards who had their children separated at birth and the mother returned to prison.
what! and it didn't make national headlines?

Old Today, 08:54 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,415,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They can flee, but that doesn't mean we need to let them in. We can and should decide who comes to this country. It's our country. Our rules. And I'll gladly reserve my seat in Hell if that's what God thinks of my decision.

But even more to the point, Guatemalans are not starving, there is no civil war, they're running to this country because they want a better standard of living. And we, as Americans, have the right to say: NO.

YOU are not up to speed.

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/23/...n-rafael-mine/

In response to the anti-mining movement in San Rafael, Tahoe hired firms run by U.S. and Israeli ex-special forces veterans to protect the project and lobbied the Guatemalan government to quash the resistance. Over the course of the 12-year conflict, mine opponents have been shot, imprisoned, and even killed.
For Muñoz, the fight meant exile. “I’m sure, as is my family, that if I had continued there, I wouldn’t be alive anymore.

COMMENTS?

Old Today, 08:58 AM

21,242 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Quote:
YOU are not up to speed.

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/23/...n-rafael-mine/

In response to the anti-mining movement in San Rafael, Tahoe hired firms run by U.S. and Israeli ex-special forces veterans to protect the project and lobbied the Guatemalan government to quash the resistance. Over the course of the 12-year conflict, mine opponents have been shot, imprisoned, and even killed.
For Muñoz, the fight meant exile. “I’m sure, as is my family, that if I had continued there, I wouldn’t be alive anymore.

COMMENTS?
This seems to be a personal issue for you, so your focus is on people wanting to flee their country.

The rest of us are focused on Americans and America - what we can and can't continue doing with regard to legal immigration and illegal aliens.

Old Today, 09:02 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,415,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This seems to be a personal issue for you, so your focus is on people wanting to flee their country.

The rest of us are focused on Americans and America - what we can and can't continue doing with regard to legal immigration and illegal aliens.

NOTHING BUT A BS reply.

I am posting facts and you attack me personally. THIS demonstrates that I am right and you are wrong.

The other poster was wrong and I pointed it out with a link.

Old Today, 09:46 AM

37,378 posts, read 16,553,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

My sentiments also. As an American I am obligated to first consider of our own country and our own citizens not foreigners no matter what their plight. We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. We cannot continually to import them all in here.

Most of those come here either illegally or seeking asylum aren't escaping violence in fear for their lives they are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. Neither violence or poverty are viable reasons to claim asylum here either.

Mexico offered these Central Americans asylum with jobs yet they refuse what does that tell you? Mexico doesn't have the welfare state that we do.

Old Today, 09:54 AM

9,298 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I see children being separated from criminal parents. It always sucks to be the child when the parents are criminals. Often the children being separated is due to the fact that the adult not only is not the parent but not even a relative.

Mean while the left demands we do more for illegals and ignore the plight of our own homeless.
Why did they release almost 300 after the arrests? Perhaps they weren't criminals? Just a thought. When will the employers who employ these people be considered criminals?

Old Today, 10:00 AM

12,466 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I just read an article today whereby and ICE agent said that those with U.S. born children are likely not to be deported. This is unacceptable! DAPA implemented under Obama was overturned by a judge so WTH?
This anchor baby policy is very unacceptable. Enter illegally and have kids and the whole family gets immunity and to stay. It's very wrong and maddening .

Old Today, 10:07 AM

12,466 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Quote:
un

We pulled a coup in Honduras in 2009 and installed our own guy as pres. His brother is in jail for drugs and he and his wife are under drug iverstigations.

We are responsible for every Honduran that FLEES DRUG VIOLENCE.
Who is we? I'm not responsible for any Honduran or anyone else foreign, nor responsible for anything the US government allegedly did often against my wishes.

Do not impose responsibility or blame on me or any other American for what some officials in our government allegedly did or didn't do. At best let the probably white globalist/imperialist/supremacist government officials personally take responsibility.

I don't believe it anyway. Countries like Honduras have been violent crapholes forever and over 10k years.

Old Today, 10:09 AM

21,242 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Quote:
NOTHING BUT A BS reply.

I am posting facts and you attack me personally. THIS demonstrates that I am right and you are wrong.

The other poster was wrong and I pointed it out with a link.
Telling you that you seem to be taking this personally is an attack?

LMAO!!! Then you follow up with nonsense that this pretend attack proves you're right and I'm wrong.

I seem to have triggered an irrational response from you. Most here would say that this proves I'M right and hit the nail on the head with my assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or