Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 11:58 AM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It was never the foundation of our country for people to come from Latin America to work and live. The foundation was to keep Spanish and Latin America separate from British America and later the US. That is just some new fangled made up leftist thing like "proposition nation". Besides America already has long been founded and well populated many decades ago by immigrants and mostly the native born.
Apparently that poster doesn't know that no one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Just what is this better way to handle the situation as he/she claims? We all know that they want us to take in all the poor and needy that come knocking on our door and we can't do that. It's insanity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 11:59 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There were no concentration camps. They were detainment facilities. Get a grip! Those kids died because of the abuse by their parents who dragged them all the way up to our border making them ill.
That and dragged them to the border already ill for free medical care and food.

I would bet more Americans including children and women have died due the microbiology strain, and violence and whatever else capers and stresses have you due to illegal immigrants than the other way around.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:01 PM

126 posts, read 49,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It's the children's parents that put these children in harm's way, not Mr. Obama or Mr. Trump.
Except the concentration camps are not run by the parents, are they? If the parents are not even there, how are they responsible on how the children are treated INSIDE the concentration camps?? The kids are under state custody. The flaws of your logic are priceless

Old 08-09-2019, 12:02 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That and dragged them to the border already ill for free medical care and food.

I would bet more Americans including children and women have died due the microbiology strain, and violence and whatever else capers and stresses have you due to illegal immigrants than the other way around.
Don't know what you're trying to say here, but I thought this thread was about the ICE raids. Funny how they didn't arrest the employers who hired these people. Also funny how they released close to 300 almost immediately. I'm sure that made their traumatized children feel much better. SMDH.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Apparently that poster doesn't know that no one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Just what is this better way to handle the situation as he/she claims? We all know that they want us to take in all the poor and needy that come knocking on our door and we can't do that. It's insanity!
Absolutely. Then they have the gall to further blame us Americans for all the world's condition and behaviors. It's just beyond the pale. The left are all liars and don't really care about the poor and foreign. They just have animus for Americans and the foreigners serve a useful purpose to them is what I believe.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Don't know what you're trying to say here, but I thought this thread was about the ICE raids. Funny how they didn't arrest the employers who hired these people. Also funny how they released close to 300 almost immediately. I'm sure that made their traumatized children feel much better. SMDH.
Maybe, but I never said I agree or not with ICE not arresting the employers, or releasing 300 maybe because they have an anchor baby? I just want all the illegals and their children including the anchor babies sent to their home country together.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:14 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Most were released anyway and given a date to return for further evaluation. I’ll bet most never show up, which has been one the main problems apart from our laws not being enforced in the first place. It’s sad for the kids but the parents created this situation. It’s funny how nobody worries about their kids when they’re dragging them through rivers and desert and rock, but then when ICE comes they’re all concerned. The MSM only mentions the kids when it’s something like this.
I watched the story on news last night. The little girl sobbing on the steps for her Dad. Very heartbreaking. She’s an anchor baby and will grow up voting Democrat, so MSM should be happy about that.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:19 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Most were released anyway and given a date to return for further evaluation. I’ll bet most never show up, which has been one the main problems apart from our laws not being enforced in the first place. It’s sad for the kids but the parents created this situation. It’s funny how nobody worries about their kids when they’re dragging them through rivers and desert and rock, but then when ICE comes they’re all concerned. The MSM only mentions the kids when it’s something like this.
I watched the story on news last night. The little girl sobbing on the steps for her Dad. Very heartbreaking. She’s an anchor baby and will grow up voting Democrat, so MSM should be happy about that.
I find it hypocritical that they arrest these people but do nothing about the people who employ them.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I find it hypocritical that they arrest these people but do nothing about the people who employ them.
They will probably fine the employers. Maybe some will be prosecuted. The employers are known individuals and need not be arrested to be identified. I don't disagree there should be more penalty for employers, but employers are citizens and certainly deserve more due process than illegals who know they are themselves illegal. Why do you assume nothing will happen to the employers?

Old 08-09-2019, 12:25 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
Except the concentration camps are not run by the parents, are they? If the parents are not even there, how are they responsible on how the children are treated INSIDE the concentration camps?? The kids are under state custody. The flaws of your logic are priceless
Once gain, stop calling them concentration camps! Our border agents were overwhelmed with thousands after thousands of these people that came crashing our border all at once. They did the best they could under the circumstances and these kids were not mistreated (at least not intentionally). Most of them were sick already from their journey up here. That's not the fault of our border agents nor our country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies