U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Today, 01:29 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Laughable how the poster you are replying to complains about these kids being separated from their parents when all those that had kids were released shortly to go back to be united with them. IMO, they shouldn't be able to use their kids as pawns to be released back into our society. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't with these liberal fools. Those kids were held in schools until their parents came back to get them so what's the big deal? It shouldn't matter if they were anchor babies or brought here illegally by their parents either no law breaker should get a pass just because they have kids.

As for the employers, I read a headline that said that ICE was targeting them along with these illegal aliens. If these illegals were sent back home because they have kids why shouldn't the employers be able to do also until their cases are heard? The pro-illegals never put any blame on the illegals themselves. They weren't dragged over our border to work here and break our laws. They are equally guilty of breaking the law. There is no innocent party here.

And yes, you are right there have been several employers who have been convicted of "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens so it's pure nonsense that that the employers are being given a pass.
Good points. I'm not buying anything liberals are selling. Most of what they claim happened when I look into it is not true. Lefties try to claim they're compassionate for illegals and their children, but it's clear they're just using illegals as a tool against Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:35 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't favor illegals over citizens. I just think both issues should be addressed. They cause trauma to these poor children by making a show of these raids, then do nothing or very little about the employers. Trump's organizations are as guilty as anybody. Big man, big mouth. How many years has he had illegals working at Mar-A-Lago and other places? Wasn't a problem until now.
How are ICE raids causing trauma to these children when the children are not even present at these worksites?

I just want the illegals and their children removed together as expediently as possible. According to leftist that can't be done because of the children. The illegals are migratory and always separating and reuniting with relatives. What a crock that is.

So your solution is to just crack down harshly on the employers who likely have children too and are citizens, but don't remove the illegals or disturb them in any way because they're so special? That's favoring illegals over Americans no matter what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:01 PM
 
11,699 posts, read 8,527,938 times
Reputation: 7198
That'll teach those illegals to vote to form a union. And explains why no charges went against the owners. ICE is union busting, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:11 PM
 
9,317 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How are ICE raids causing trauma to these children when the children are not even present at these worksites?

I just want the illegals and their children removed together as expediently as possible. According to leftist that can't be done because of the children. The illegals are migratory and always separating and reuniting with relatives. What a crock that is.

So your solution is to just crack down harshly on the employers who likely have children too and are citizens, but don't remove the illegals or disturb them in any way because they're so special? That's favoring illegals over Americans no matter what you say.
I'm not saying favor illegals over citizens. I've always been for immigration reform, and God knows I'm the least qualified to even offer an opinion of what that would entail.

However, separating kids from their parents is inhumane and traumatic. These are not people who just happened over the border yesterday. These are employees at companies. There had to have been a better way to do this. Why round them up like this, just to let them go if they posed such a threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:14 PM
 
124 posts, read 7,557 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not saying favor illegals over citizens. I've always been for immigration reform, and God knows I'm the least qualified to even offer an opinion of what that would entail.

However, separating kids from their parents is inhumane and traumatic. These are not people who just happened over the border yesterday. These are employees at companies. There had to have been a better way to do this. Why round them up like this, just to let them go if they posed such a threat?
Then what do you want us to do? Give up? We already separate kids from their parents when we arrest parents for all kinds of crimes.

Why not just deport them entirely? That way there would be no separation. Off they all go back to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:20 PM
 
9,317 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Then what do you want us to do? Give up? We already separate kids from their parents when we arrest parents for all kinds of crimes.

Why not just deport them entirely? That way there would be no separation. Off they all go back to Mexico.
No, I don't want us to give up. I want Congress back in session to work on these issues. But that's not going to happen so all of us armchair immigration experts are left to weigh in.

Deport them? Then who would do the work for these employers? I agree something has to be done, but arresting them like this is just for show. Especially since many were released in the same day. They must have been mighty dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:22 PM
 
124 posts, read 7,557 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, I don't want us to give up. I want Congress back in session to work on these issues. But that's not going to happen so all of us armchair immigration experts are left to weigh in.
There is no need for experts. There is nothing complicated about this. This is all about what the American people want. The American people want our immigration laws enforced. And want people illegally crossing the border to be kicked back where they came from.

Quote:
Deport them? Then who would do the work for these employers? I agree something has to be done, but arresting them like this is just for show. Especially since many were released in the same day. They must have been mighty dangerous.
American citizens? After we kick them out and if discover we have a problem and need more cheap labor, we can always change our immigration laws to allow more in. But now, let's clamp down on illegal entry and illegal migration into this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,655 posts, read 14,520,280 times
Reputation: 16019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
What a joke!!!!!

Who do they think they are kidding???

I'm sorry for these kids, I am, but this is so freaking ridiculous.

The parents put them in this situation, simple as that.

This is a country of laws, not a dumping ground for everyone else's problems!!!
There is absolutely no need to separate a child from their parents, period. Illegal immigrants have flooded in to nations all around the Mediterranean Sea, but their children are not taken from them when they are rounded up.
There's no reason for the separation at all, and a little kid needs to be with the parents. When they are separated, they become the state's responsibility, and it's not a responsibility a state should have, if the parents haven't committed any kind of offense other that walking across a border.

It's no crime to do that; anyone can petition to come and stay here, and staying while the petition is in process is not illegal. If denied, then, of course, the kids go back with the parents, but thats the way it should be.

There is nothing at all ridiculous about this. Any child is the parent's responsibility first, and not the government's.

What is ridiculous, and dangerous to our freedom, is the willingness of our government to seize what is a natural God-given right to all of us for itself.

That the government has been allowed to do it is a failure of our laws which were written against our fundamental rights. It is an illegality that should have never been allowed to be passed into law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:25 PM
 
37,385 posts, read 16,553,380 times
Reputation: 10114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Good points. I'm not buying anything liberals are selling. Most of what they claim happened when I look into it is not true. Lefties try to claim they're compassionate for illegals and their children, but it's clear they're just using illegals as a tool against Americans.
Many of these pro-illegals have ethnic ties to illegals and think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them. IMO, that makes them the racists, not us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:25 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, I don't want us to give up. I want Congress back in session to work on these issues. But that's not going to happen so all of us armchair immigration experts are left to weigh in.

Deport them? Then who would do the work for these employers? I agree something has to be done, but arresting them like this is just for show. Especially since many were released in the same day. They must have been mighty dangerous.
You don't want illegals detained, you don't want them deported. Just admit it you want as many illegals to come and stay and do as they please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top