U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 02:47 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How many Americans do you know who will willingly do the work that the immigrants are doing for the same pay?

Many Americans are lazy. Has nothing to do with immigrants.
Probably plenty but who says they should work for what an illegal will? Americans should work for whatever the market will bear. Many illegals are lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,262 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Reputation: 20495
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How many Americans do you know who will willingly do the work that the immigrants are doing for the same pay?

Many Americans are lazy. Has nothing to do with immigrants.
THAT is the point! These employers have driven down wages so NO American can take those jobs and illegals are still willing to do the work for peanuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:49 PM
 
9,317 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Probably plenty but who says they should work for what an illegal will? Americans should work for whatever the market will bear. Many illegals are lazy.
And what if the market bears what the employer already pays the illegal? Do you think Americans will work for that? I'd like to see it if that's the case. And why do you say the illegals are lazy? Besides illegal immigrants represent only 5% of the workforce.
https://publicintegrity.org/immigrat...rants-economy/

You may want to ask your president why he has chosen to hire immigrants through the years, although now he has a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:52 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And what if the market bears what the employer already pays the illegal? Do you think Americans will work for that? I'd like to see it if that's the case.
If the illegals and mass immigrants weren't here the market would pay what Americans would accept.

So first you said it was about the children. Now we're getting to the truth. It's really about greed and paying hard working people the least you can by allowing in a stream of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,262 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Reputation: 20495
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And what if the market bears what the employer already pays the illegal? Do you think Americans will work for that? I'd like to see it if that's the case.
No offense, but your posts are kind of proving you're uninformed about this specific subject and are simply reacting on an emotional level.

You wouldn't be asking the above question if you were well-versed on the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:57 PM
 
9,317 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If the illegals and mass immigrants weren't here the market would pay what Americans would accept.

So first you said it was about the children. Now we're getting to the truth. It's really about greed and paying hard working people the least you can by allowing in a stream of illegals.
I have to agree with your last sentence for sure. Americans won't work for what immigrants will. And yes, it is still about the children. It's inhumane they way they have handled this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:01 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have to agree with your last sentence for sure. Americans won't work for what immigrants will. And yes, it is still about the children. It's inhumane they way they have handled this.
Yeah you care about the children. But you want the parents to work for the least possible and for illegals to put American moms and dads out of a job completely. You're not fooling me one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:08 PM
 
9,317 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah you care about the children. But you want the parents to work for the least possible and for illegals to put American moms and dads out of a job completely. You're not fooling me one bit.
You might want to read up on how immigrants are taking American jobs. You'll find they're not. I'm just telling you the facts. American employers will pay as little as they can get away with. Americans won't work for that little, so they'll hire immigrants. No matter what is done now or in the future, they will hire immigrants. In some cases farmers can't find the help they need for harvests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:11 PM
 
12,483 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You might want to read up on how immigrants are taking American jobs. You'll find they're not. I'm just telling you the facts. American employers will pay as little as they can get away with. Americans won't work for that little, so they'll hire immigrants. No matter what is done now or in the future, they will hire immigrants. In some cases farmers can't find the help they need for harvests.
You are not telling me the facts. You have the facts wrong and everything backwards. You think there should be a large stream and pool of illegal alien workforce to suppress wages and cut out the American and legal workers, and then pretend to care about the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:18 PM
 
124 posts, read 7,557 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You might want to read up on how immigrants are taking American jobs. You'll find they're not. I'm just telling you the facts. American employers will pay as little as they can get away with. Americans won't work for that little, so they'll hire immigrants. No matter what is done now or in the future, they will hire immigrants. In some cases farmers can't find the help they need for harvests.
That's great. We will kick out the illegals first and see if we have a problem. If we do, we will allow more people in - legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top