Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 05:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's "we" anyway? Those people are all dead now and what difference does it make what race they were? Are we whites alive today somehow responsible as a race for what dead people did or didn't do long ago? I'm only responsible for my own actions. My ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's well after and conflicts between the Europeans and the Amerindians. They didn't kill or steal from anyone.

The Amerindians themselves warred with and killed each other over land. There were no immigration laws back then so everyone had a right to migrate here. Even the Amerindians did! Nothing was stolen that wasn't owned either. The past is the past those living in it need to move on.

Mexicans and Central Americans have no claims whatsoever on U.S. territories and they have no right to violate our immigration laws.
I do agree not every white person is "we". And I agree whites today, even those descendant from the colonial era and Indian wars era not responsible for what some their ancestors allegedly did.. But I still reject the notion that whites stole this country as false, and worse that it means everyone else has a right to steal it after whites developed it from a wilderness state. By that reasoning latin America is a better case for being stolen and free for the taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 06:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the entire history of man kind one has helped the other until mrT
Lol. You're delusional.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And, unless she moved back, she no longer lives in the U.S. (she had posted that she had retired, and then moved out of the U.S.).
Thanks for the heads up.

It's obvious some of these folks are/were either here illegally or have relatives here who are illegal aliens. They're too invested in letting the flow continue.

And that explains why they never post any concern for Americans. They're most likely not American and couldn't care less.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is total BS.

We are NOT responsible for every Honduran that flees drug violence.

You know darn well that if the US didn't get involved, you would still be whining about all those poor people in the banana republics and also would be trashing the US for not getting involved.

The US has given, to the tune of billions, financial aid for these countries. That aid ends up in the pockets of the corrupt oligarchs.

We don't owe anything to any of those people. Period.
LOL! Don't you love the histrionics?

And zero concern about the future of our country or Americans. Pathetic.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:22 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
And the concentration camps where children are jailed and some have died?
"Concentration camps"? That is a vile, despicable and disgusting thing to write. You obviously don't know history and are clueless as to what life was like in the concentration camps. To make such a vile comparison, you trivialize the suffering of those who were in concentration camps. That is shameful.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
"Concentration camps"? That is a vile, despicable and disgusting thing to write. You obviously don't know history and are clueless as to what life was like in the concentration camps. To make such a vile comparison, you trivialize the suffering of those who were in concentration camps. That is shameful.
And people wonder why moderate Democrats are so sickened by liberals.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The right is full of liars and thieves. We have plenty of room. Hell, we could take all the population of Central America and move them out to WY, ID ETC and we would never know it.
This is an ignorant remark^^^^

We don't have unlimited buildable land. Nor do we have unlimited potable water.

And, what exactly, would all these people do for a living in WY, ID, etc? Again, what an ignorant remark you made.

We can't take in the entire third world without sinking into third world status ourselves. Did you ever think of that? I'm guessing the answer is "no".

I want better than a third world country for my descendants. It's a shame that you don't want that for yours.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
This is an ignorant remark^^^^

We don't have unlimited buildable land. Nor do we have unlimited potable water.

And, what exactly, would all these people do for a living in WY, ID, etc? Again, what an ignorant remark you made.

We can't take in the entire third world without sinking into third world status ourselves. Did you ever think of that? I'm guessing the answer is "no".

I want better than a third world country for my descendants. It's a shame that you don't want that for yours.
He said he's lived in Costa Rica with his Costa Rican wife. I'm guessing he's not from here, or is here illegally or both.

It's all about everybody else with some people - Americans last.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
"We" can't do anything. It will take Congress to make that happen. How do you differentiate between those seeking asylum and those just crashing the gates?

As for your answer of American citizens doing the work, that's pretty laughable. If American citizens had been willing to do the work, there would have been no need for immigrants to do it. Americans are way too lazy.
Per the bolded --- There is so much BS in those two sentences of yours.

Who do you think did those jobs before we got infested with illegals? Americans did them and they were paid well and given a safe working environment. Many of these jobs paid enough to propel workers into the lower middle class. Construction work once paid enough so that in areas that had rough winters where construction work had to come to a halt, construction workers knew a winter lay off was coming so they put away money to get through it. IOW, they were paid enough to be able to do that.

Illegals have depressed wages and thus displaced Americans in the work force. With illegals gone, scofflaws will once again have to pay a living wage, give good benefits and a safe working environment.

It may surprise you to learn that there are chain restaurants that require E-verify. These restaurants have no problems finding Americans and legal immigrants to take their jobs.

As for your contention that all Americans "are way too lazy". It's despicable that you would insult so many with that lie.

Yes, there are some lazy Americans. There are also lazy illegal aliens. Google Ingmar Guandique to read about one of them. Not all illegals are coming here to work. Some are coming here to do harm.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He said he's lived in Costa Rica with his Costa Rican wife. I'm guessing he's not from here, or is here illegally or both.

It's all about everybody else with some people - Americans last.
^^^^This is so true and it is sickening. Not to mention ignorant for anyone to think we can allow an unlimited amount of illegal aliens into this country and still have room for more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies