U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:42 PM

30,819 posts, read 33,659,608 times

Advertisements

The left as forced me to stop giving a fig about kids separated from their families. So what I say! If you're sneaking around the country illegally then you had better make some arrangements if you have children and are in danger of being held for questioning, many people are held for questioning for all sorts of reason, kids cry, everyone lives and makes do. That is a parents responsibility not mine or the governments. If you ultimately get deported take them with you...TOGETHERNESS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:47 PM

20,482 posts, read 12,254,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's the thinking of a naive child. But liberals don't operate on the basis of facts, it's all emotional and feelings.

Guess who fell apart and accused me of attacking him personally when I posted:

I hit a hot button apparently - so I was right. He's personally invested and wants the doors open for everyone even though we have Americans living on streets.
And before all of this immigration blow up - why we still homeless and hungry kids ? Even since I was a kid? Why they still there all these years? Like we did anything to fix that problem - pfft

Old 08-09-2019, 07:50 PM

27,413 posts, read 19,307,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the entire history of man kind one has helped the other until mrT
sure. chairman mao helped millions of chinese starve to death.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 PM

21,313 posts, read 10,256,405 times
Quote:
And before all of this immigration blow up - why we still homeless and hungry kids ? Even since I was a kid? Why they still there all these years? Like we did anything to fix that problem - pfft
The government doesn't care either - and that's frustrating - but it's galling to have people who don't care about Americans bending over backwards to appease and help illegal aliens.

That's a slap in the face to all Americans and to those who came here legally - and have loved ones who have been waiting years to come here legally.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:17 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,391,364 times
Quote:
The food bank feeds school children all summer long now. Volunteers box it up for them.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:24 PM

16,173 posts, read 6,381,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It may surprise you to learn that there are chain restaurants that require E-verify. These restaurants have no problems finding Americans and legal immigrants to take their jobs.

As for your contention that all Americans "are way too lazy". It's despicable that you would insult so many with that lie.

Yes, there are some lazy Americans. There are also lazy illegal aliens. Google Ingmar Guandique to read about one of them. Not all illegals are coming here to work. Some are coming here to do harm.
BOS2IAD, usually I agree with you and appreciate your "reps." But things are a little different now. In Spring 1975 when I had been admitted early decision to Cornell I had some slack time. I went to work after school at the local Gristedes at minimum wage, then, if I recall correctly, $2.10 per hour. When I started my summer job I arranged for another Jewish high school student, a year younger, to take my job. Both of us just wanted a bit of extra spending money. Nowadays students at that school would turn up their noses at that kind of work. Even then, a person who is now a very close friend said "JiBGUSA, why don't you take a job that requires some intelligence", him not realizing that my IQ is 79 and I am not that bright. I told him that I "had my reasons." Nowadays he respects the fact that I am someone who "makes things happen" but I digress.

There are not many high school students with perfect English these days that take those jobs. No one in these places speaks good English.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:20 PM

20,482 posts, read 12,254,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The food bank feeds school children all summer long now. Volunteers box it up for them.
You must live in a small town . Miami alone has well over 5000 homeless - central fl has twice as many when winter hits the north and they find their way south. We have teens who go to high school who live in cars - and graduate. And Florida is not the poorest state

Old 08-09-2019, 09:53 PM

13,279 posts, read 6,334,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
BOS2IAD, usually I agree with you and appreciate your "reps." But things are a little different now. In Spring 1975 when I had been admitted early decision to Cornell I had some slack time. I went to work after school at the local Gristedes at minimum wage, then, if I recall correctly, $2.10 per hour. When I started my summer job I arranged for another Jewish high school student, a year younger, to take my job. Both of us just wanted a bit of extra spending money. Nowadays students at that school would turn up their noses at that kind of work. Even then, a person who is now a very close friend said "JiBGUSA, why don't you take a job that requires some intelligence", him not realizing that my IQ is 79 and I am not that bright. I told him that I "had my reasons." Nowadays he respects the fact that I am someone who "makes things happen" but I digress.

There are not many high school students with perfect English these days that take those jobs. No one in these places speaks good English.
You may be surprised.

Our daughter has worked as a manager at some chain restaurants. She was working in AZ when AZ enacted the E-verify law. They lost some workers after the law went through, most likely they were illegals. In fact, one of them quit to take a different job days before the law went through. A couple of weeks after he quit, another man showed up presenting an SS card with the same name and number of the man who had quit. They all realized that neither man was the rightful owner of that number. Somewhere, the rightful owner was dealing with ID theft.

But I digress. After the law was enacted, they never had problems finding Americans to take those jobs. One American woman came to apply for a job as a dishwasher. She was asked if she would rather be a server. She said she wanted to be a dishwasher. Meanwhile, kids from the local HS came by to apply to work at the host station. They did a great job---so much so that they were told to let other kids know that they, too, can apply for jobs.

She has since worked manager jobs in other states. Again, they always found American citizens and legal immigrants to take those jobs.

Are there lazy kids out there? Of course there are. Lazy kids have always been amongst us. I say don't count out all kids.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:57 PM

5,749 posts, read 7,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have to agree with your last sentence for sure. Americans won't work for what immigrants will. And yes, it is still about the children. It's inhumane they way they have handled this.
Again, this could have all been avoided if they didn't enter the country illegally.
It is their own fault.

Bob.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:40 AM

37,460 posts, read 16,579,658 times
Why should Americans work for the slave labor wages that illegal aliens do and quit calling them "immigrants"!

No children have been treated inhumanely either. Cut the BS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or