U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

37,369 posts, read 16,553,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know what you mean. But boy will they be seen and heard again a lot in public, seen traipsing around in large groups overweight and unattractive, and heard, yelling in unpleasantly spoken Spanish, staring oddly and mean mugging the natives and playing loud tijano music. And no one will dare question them or their presence.

I know I can't be the only American that finds the sights and sounds of illegals from latin America unpleasant and it's not being petty or trivial at all.
I'm living here in the thick of it in So. Calif. and I am as sick of it as you are. This madness has to end and soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

3,237 posts, read 4,885,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens aren't citizens, duh. Just what are these jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage? I'm sure when the same thing happens to American law breakers that their children are scared and crying also. It's the parents fault for putting them in this situation. Put the blame where it belongs.
The blame belongs squarely on the American companies who hired the workers. That was the first illegal act from which the others followed. If Americans didn't hire them, they wouldn't be here. It's unfair to the workers that they are hired by Americans, paid by Americans, and then detained by Americans and separated by Americans. I'm sure the workers are wondering "What is wrong with these people? Can't they make up their minds?" But you apparently see nothing wrong with setting this kind of a trap for hardworking people with families.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM

12,448 posts, read 3,933,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm living here in the thick of it in So. Calif. and I am as sick of it as you are. This madness has to end and soon!
I'm sorry about that. I'm in a state bordering Canada and it is here too. I'm not sure the madness will ever end before getting worse. I wish Americans would come to their senses and grow a backbone and put it to an end.

Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 608,769 times
It's not too bad here. But when I lived in SoCal, whoa.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
It's not too bad here. But when I lived in SoCal, whoa.
Thanks, another one who speaks from experience. If not for my age and family here I'd get out of Mexifornia in a heartbeat.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 6,323,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Possible story is they see parents pay the price for dragging them through 3/4 countries to save them from hunger, violence, gang membership and to give them a place to lay their heads in peace, but many donít give a rat azz about the reason. Not condoning illegal entry, but I understand it. God sees hearts - He will judge
Oh, just stop None of them are starving---and you know it, too. All anyone has to do is look at photos of those in the caravans. Besides, do you really think a starving child is in any condition to be dragged hundreds of miles to the US border?

As for gang violence---we have Americans who live in gang infested neighborhoods. Where are they supposed to go?

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, just stop None of them are starving---and you know it, too. All anyone has to do is look at photos of those in the caravans. Besides, do you really think a starving child is in any condition to be dragged hundreds of miles to the US border?

As for gang violence---we have Americans who live in gang infested neighborhoods. Where are they supposed to go?
Not only that but there are safe places in every country to. There are safe places in Mexico and they offered them asylum along with jobs so why didn't they take them up on it? Violence nor poverty are viable reasons to claim asylum in our country anyway.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

17,403 posts, read 8,781,125 times
Quote:
No doubt, some of our cities have higher crime rate than Central America, mexico. So that line of crap ainít flyin

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

21,236 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Quote:

Yes, but they're Americans, so who cares??

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

11,662 posts, read 5,971,467 times
Janet Reno saved the kid!

Janet Reno saved the kid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or