U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 07:31 AM
 
3,055 posts, read 1,235,931 times
Reputation: 1969

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Out of the number of people detained, do we know on the day of their detention that they are all here illegally. Nope. We don't. Just like if a man is arrested for bank robbery, the media may say "Man arrested fr suspicious of bank robbery" because he may not be the actual bank robber.

Meanwhile, the government themselves will tell you that the kids and parents will be separated.

I know I am about to accused of being a leftie, Trump hating, America loathing slacker, but you folks damn the media way too often. This headline is nothing to get excited about
So do you expect the headline to read
"Child Separated from Parent" when a bank robber with children is arrested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 07:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,652 posts, read 32,424,680 times
Reputation: 20072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
So do you expect the headline to read
"Child Separated from Parent" when a bank robber with children is arrested
Or some druggie passed out with kids in the back seat. DUI checkpoints snare tons of people with kids and we keep them locked up all weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:35 AM
 
3,055 posts, read 1,235,931 times
Reputation: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I see children being separated from criminal parents. It always sucks to be the child when the parents are criminals.
During all three of my daughter's births there were women in the maternity wards who had their children separated at birth and the mother returned to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:36 AM
 
10,513 posts, read 10,415,200 times
Reputation: 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First off, not having kids I can't support. We are supposed to be on a higher level than say, rabbits.

Next, work on exiting the Country legally. Why do most come here, work, then return home if it is so bad?

I have lived in Costa Rica with my Costa Rican wife and family and truly seen what good people they are and I think many of them have better values than many Norte Americanos. I have been to Nic and seen what sad depressing place Santiago is.


You said: Why do MOST come here, work, then return home if it is so bad?


So many do not want to return because there is nothing to return to except death.

You are generalizing. GIVE us so true numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Middletown, Maryland
905 posts, read 484,563 times
Reputation: 2835
Perhaps someone has already addressed this as I haven’t read the entire thread.

Why doesn’t ICE or some agency arrest the employers? Set an example. Have them filmed in handcuffs. Deny them bail. Hold them with the illegal immigrants in the same detention centers. Shut down their businesses. Hefty fines. anything to deter these criminal employers from hiring more illegals.

Why not take a draconian multi-prong approach? If the immigrants are swarming our borders, snuff out all those who hire them. If our very existence is at risk, as many on this board insist, should the employers suffer life in prison? What about death? Should the employers face the death penalty? Why should they get away with no consequences for endangering our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:08 AM
 
15,838 posts, read 4,189,105 times
Reputation: 11304
A bit of history is in order...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...r-communities/

Apparently the "conservative" chicken companies had black workers formerly who were asking for better conditions and increases in wages - AMERICANS TRYING TO DO THE JOB.

This, of course, was not sitting well with the Southern Conservative Meat Packers, so they started a new project called the "Hispanic Project"

"Advertising in Cuban stores and local papers, it took the poultry processor just one week to fill a Greyhound bus of immigrants eager for work. It also included not just recruitment and transportation from Florida, but the provision of housing — mostly in dilapidated and overcrowded trailers — as well as local transportation and leisure activities, all for fees deducted from workers’ paychecks that often reduced their meager earnings to below minimum wage."

MAGA.......the bosses (I don't think Northern Liberals own most chicken plants, but am willing to be proven wrong).....didn't want to pay AMERICANS.....

Isn't it amazing how every talking point falls apart when put under scrutiny. It's the fault of those "rapists"....not the fault of Capitalist Greed who dumped their American workers for daring to want to get paid a reasonable wage for such hard and disgusting work.

Inconvenient truths...like what we liberals have been saying all along. "Conservatives" celebrate low wages and taking advantage of the system. If you don't get caught all is well...AND< if you do get caught, the penalties are much smaller than the profits. Win Win.

We "libs" would rather pay 50 cents or a buck more per lb....and have workers decently compensated for their labor. Or, to quote the guy that many Republicans claim is their greatest (who was actually a Northern Urban Liberal that kicked the butts of the Southern Conservatives).....

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. "
Abraham Lincoln

I think Republicans are going to have to soon drop that "Abe was one of us" talking point...we know it's BS anyway, but the fact that Marx and Lincoln were pen pals and had the same outlook on these things (Slavery and Capital) is sorta inconvenient too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:12 AM
 
10,513 posts, read 10,415,200 times
Reputation: 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
A bit of history is in order...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...r-communities/

Apparently the "conservative" chicken companies had black workers formerly who were asking for better conditions and increases in wages - AMERICANS TRYING TO DO THE JOB.

This, of course, was not sitting well with the Southern Conservative Meat Packers, so they started a new project called the "Hispanic Project"

"Advertising in Cuban stores and local papers, it took the poultry processor just one week to fill a Greyhound bus of immigrants eager for work. It also included not just recruitment and transportation from Florida, but the provision of housing — mostly in dilapidated and overcrowded trailers — as well as local transportation and leisure activities, all for fees deducted from workers’ paychecks that often reduced their meager earnings to below minimum wage."

MAGA.......the bosses (I don't think Northern Liberals own most chicken plants, but am willing to be proven wrong).....didn't want to pay AMERICANS.....

Isn't it amazing how every talking point falls apart when put under scrutiny. It's the fault of those "rapists"....not the fault of Capitalist Greed who dumped their American workers for daring to want to get paid a reasonable wage for such hard and disgusting work.

Inconvenient truths...like what we liberals have been saying all along. "Conservatives" celebrate low wages and taking advantage of the system. If you don't get caught all is well...AND< if you do get caught, the penalties are much smaller than the profits. Win Win.

Great post. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:41 AM
 
15,838 posts, read 4,189,105 times
Reputation: 11304
Looks like they also use prison labor...MAGA
https://www.splcenter.org/news/2018/07/26/kill-line

And, they have a documented history of driving local AA farmers out of business also...promising them big bucks and then cutting them off.

Isn't it amazing that people will talk about those poor Black Folks (or white, for that matter, if they dare ask for a raise or better working conditions) on Food Stamps....while not noting or caring that they were thrown out of a job in favor of illegal immigrants BY THE US CORPORATIONS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:44 AM
 
6,704 posts, read 4,185,740 times
Reputation: 17220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
ANYONE on this forum would flee any area where there is no food, people raping, killing, and forcing you out of your house and done by the govt.
Everyone on this forum also knows this is not the reason that the vast majority of Central American "asylum seekers" are seeking asylum or entering the US illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:47 AM
 
10,513 posts, read 10,415,200 times
Reputation: 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Everyone on this forum also knows this is not the reason that the vast majority of Central American "asylum seekers" are seeking asylum or entering the US illegally.

Let's see some links with info. Otherwise, you just blowhard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top