Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:13 PM

14,206 posts, read 11,479,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I agree. That said, we separate children from criminal parents everyday. The parents are sent to prison and the children don't get to go. The parents in this case have a choice. Take their children with them back to wherever the parents came from or leave them here. It's a choice.
Seems reasonable to me. Non-citizen children go back with their parents. If the children are citizens, the parents make the choice to take them back (they can return if they want when they are no longer minors), or leave them with a guardian who is also a citizen.

These are parents who came with children or gave birth to children on US soil knowing they were doing something wrong (remaining in the country illegally) and chose to take their chances. Don't tell me a single one of them assumed they would get to stay forever with no possibility of repercussions. They knew what could happen.

I feel sorry for people who have bad things happen to them even though they made good choices, not for people who have bad things happen because they deliberately made bad choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 08:14 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,589,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Possible story is they see parents pay the price for dragging them through 3/4 countries to save them from hunger, violence, gang membership and to give them a place to lay their heads in peace, but many don’t give a rat azz about the reason. Not condoning illegal entry, but I understand it. God sees hearts - He will judge
Yes God sees hearts and of the teachings we are told to obey the law of the land. God sees their total disrespect for our laws.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im not a christian and even if I were I would leave God out of the equation.

I don't condone what illegals do, nor do I assign free passes because it seems like the christian thing to do. Illegals are a net loss to our Nation and that is the most charitable thing that can be said about them.
I'm nominally Christian and can give you my opinion that there is nothing Christian about abiding illegal immigration-not supposed to break the laws, not supposed to cheat workers by driving down their wages or replacing them with illegals, suppose to take care of your own family and people before foreigners first.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:17 PM

62,484 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So why don't you do the "humane thing" and sponsor a couple of them instead of expecting others to do what you won't? Or are you not humane?
What's inhumane about rounding up illegal aliens and deporting them as our laws dictate? They have violated both our immigration and labor laws at the very least. Many of them commit felony ID theft and other more serious crimes. They take jobs, taxes and resources from our own citizens just how inhumane is that! I guess it's also inhumane to arrest American law breakers and separate them from their kids. These liberal loons drive me nuts!

Old 08-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 19 days ago)

34,497 posts, read 16,584,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Seems reasonable to me. Non-citizen children go back with their parents. If the children are citizens, the parents make the choice to take them back (they can return if they want when they are no longer minors), or leave them with a guardian who is also a citizen.

These are parents who came with children or gave birth to children on US soil knowing they were doing something wrong (remaining in the country illegally) and chose to take their chances. Don't tell me a single one of them assumed they would get to stay forever with no possibility of repercussions. They knew what could happen.

I feel sorry for people who have bad things happen to them even though they made good choices, not for people who have bad things happen because they deliberately made bad choices.
You must have been reading my OP in Solution for Problem of "14th Amendment" Birthright Babies.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Psst! Let's pretend that these kids are not alone and their parents arrested, AT WORK, being productive citizens, doing work that Americans won't do.

Let's pretend that there are no scared and crying children living in God knows where tonight.
Illegal aliens aren't citizens, duh. Just what are these jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage? I'm sure when the same thing happens to American law breakers that their children are scared and crying also. It's the parents fault for putting them in this situation. Put the blame where it belongs.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Out of the number of people detained, do we know on the day of their detention that they are all here illegally. Nope. We don't. Just like if a man is arrested for bank robbery, the media may say "Man arrested fr suspicious of bank robbery" because he may not be the actual bank robber.

Meanwhile, the government themselves will tell you that the kids and parents will be separated.

I know I am about to accused of being a leftie, Trump hating, America loathing slacker, but you folks damn the media way too often. This headline is nothing to get excited about
Well, out of that over 600 that were rounded up half were released back to their families pending an investigation. Are you happy now? They'll probably hide out now never to be seen again.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:31 PM

14,206 posts, read 11,479,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I actually had not read it, but I have now, and I agree with you.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I support deporting illegals, but taking illegal parents away in the middle of the day and leaving their children locked out of the house, with nowhere to go, and no support services is cruel.
Read my prior post. Those with children were released back to their families pending an investigation. Yeah, like we'll ever see them again. They'll be hiding out somewhere never to be seen again.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Read my prior post. Those with children were released back to their families pending an investigation. Yeah, like we'll ever see them again. They'll be hiding out somewhere never to be seen again.
I know what you mean. But boy will they be seen and heard again a lot in public, seen traipsing around in large groups overweight and unattractive staring oddly and mean mugging the natives, and heard, yelling in unpleasantly spoken Spanish and playing loud tijano music. And no one will dare question them or their presence.

I know I can't be the only American that finds the sights and sounds of illegals from latin America unpleasant and it's not being petty or trivial at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies