U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 PM

12,637 posts, read 3,960,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't agree with this either. I think this is what what the left wants you to think but then again they are calling Trump a white supremacist so I think this is another left strategy to harm GOPers.
All this talk about white supremacy from the left and I never seen a definition.

Actual white supremacy is the mainstream status quo position of democrats and republicans of a mostly white upper class and leadership in a supreme position over the rest of the US multi-racial populace.

What the left calls out white supremacy is at most just white separatism or in most cases just wanting to enforce the rather mild immigration laws we currently have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 07:14 PM

40 posts, read 6,930 times
Good lord. Who knew defending the 2nd amendment AS IT IS WRITTEN was extreme right...

Old 08-08-2019, 07:22 PM

5,129 posts, read 3,032,241 times
Left wants gov to take care of people, even if it means no one moves up.
Right wants gov to police people to the brink of dictatorship.

Both lead to a sort of authoritarian state if left unchecked.

Think of it as a boat with two guys on each side. The water is authoritarian, one side pulls too much and everyone is in the water.

Two halves of the brain.

So describing the vibe, itís like someone severed the brain from the center and now neither side can make a connection..

Old 08-08-2019, 07:32 PM

12,637 posts, read 3,960,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Left wants gov to take care of people, even if it means no one moves up.
Right wants gov to police people to the brink of dictatorship.

Both lead to a sort of authoritarian state if left unchecked.

Think of it as a boat with two guys on each side. The water is authoritarian, one side pulls too much and everyone is in the water.

Two halves of the brain.

So describing the vibe, itís like someone severed the brain from the center and now neither side can make a connection..
I can't agree. The left wants globalism to take out white America to institute an authoritarian state and to profit. The right wants globalism to profit and maintain or increase relative supreme class position over most of the population.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 PM

4,414 posts, read 2,666,228 times
X-Right:
Believes climate change is a conspiracy
Believes the free press is a threat to democracy
Believes that there is a "deep state" conspiracy that runs our government
Thinks that America is first and foremost a Christian nation

X-Left:
Decriminalizes illegal immigration
Believes we should give every person over 18 $10k per year for being alive
Believes education should be free
Believes we should give healthcare to illegal immigrants
Too anxious to play the race card

Old 08-08-2019, 07:35 PM

1,250 posts, read 426,612 times
Most extremists lean towards totalitarianism. They can't get public support, so they want government to enforce their pet issues. Whatever they rant about is much less important than how they act on it.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:37 PM

7,178 posts, read 7,852,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The following is what I think. What do YOU think?

EXTREME LIBERAL

- Welfare benefits for able-bodied and mentally-capable adults who refuse to work (includes UBI)
- Any kind of benefits to people here illegally, except for children under age 16 and emergency medical care
- Free college education for everyone who wants one (regardless of G.P.A. or SAT scores)

EXTREME CONSERVATIVE

- No gun controls whatsoever
- No abortions regardless of the reason
Interesting. I believe gun control is unconstitutional, so am firmly against it. On the other hand, I couldnít care less about the abortion issue (although I will on occasion point out the hypocrisy of rabid pro-choicers calling for gun control).

Iím against all of the issues you call ďextreme liberal,Ē but thatís mainly because the government isnít endowed with the power to do any of them by the Constitution. If private citizens want to pay for those things, I have no issue with them.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:39 PM

7,178 posts, read 7,852,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Good lord. Who knew defending the 2nd amendment AS IT IS WRITTEN was extreme right...
New here, huh? Youíll get used to it. Welcome to the forums.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM

7,411 posts, read 4,305,964 times
Extreme left:
Communism

Extreme right:
Anarchy

There is very little difference between Republicans and Democrats. Theyíre both right authoritarian. Much ado about nothing.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:58 PM

4,414 posts, read 2,666,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
As it is written is ambiguous and is the source of all the arguing that goes on here and elsewhere. SCOTUS relied on experts in 18th century legal documents to unravel the meaning of the infamous comma that separates the first and second clauses of 2A. I am not arguing either side of what 2A means, but it is probably the worst written sentence in our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or