U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2019, 06:19 PM
 
1,562 posts, read 1,850,206 times
Reputation: 1030

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I'm the NRA. And the GOA, and JPFO. Ponder that. There's no getting past those like myself. Now move along.
I don't follow what you mean - care to elaborate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2019, 10:40 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
14,485 posts, read 11,764,292 times
Reputation: 13507
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm an enthusiast and compete competively. I'm for the common sense laws, but wouldnt trust Democrats to administer them, especially with their never ending drift Leftward.

I've been training for and shooting competitively since I was about 7. My Dad started me doing preparation exercises with a wooden dowel and weights on a string. I think the drill would be familiar to you. When I actually graduted to handling a firearm it was a High Standard Trophymatic Citation, Military. Same weight an balance as a 1911 Government model in 22LR. And I dry fired for hours and the weight on the string got heavier and heavier as time went on.


I didn't fire a live round till I was 10. Not out of that pistol. And my first trip to the range with live ammo was like second nature. I knew exactly where that trigger broke and the sights were part of my eye. When I got older I got into action shooting. When I was around 21. Been in that mode ever since but my Bullseye roots are still burned into me.


I don't see a single proposal out there that even resembles "common sense." Especially these rabid calls for bans and confiscation by force if necessary from the left. To them my skill and lifelong training is a terrorist threat. And I have never and will never hurt anyone who is not trying to hurt me or mine.


But to these leftists my lifestyle is a threat that just has them apoplectic. There is no compromise and no reason in these people. Because of the way I choose to live my life, peaceable though it has been and will be, they hate me with a zeal that rivals that the racists they claim to solidly stand against. They hate me with the same hatred these racists hate whatever group of people they target.


And they target me in the same way. Because they are afraid of me. And yet they tell me that I live the way I do out of fear. They hate me because I am me and not what THEY think I should be. There is no common sense at all. Just blind, life sucking fear that has filled hem with a desire to destroy all that does not conform to their way of thinking.


They will never not be afraid until there are no people like me left alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 06:15 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,582 posts, read 3,119,930 times
Reputation: 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I don't follow what you mean - care to elaborate?
Pretty sure you're just being cute. Adherents of the Second Amendment have the ultimate say. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 07:57 AM
 
4,595 posts, read 943,755 times
Reputation: 2600
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Pretty sure you're just being cute. Adherents of the Second Amendment have the ultimate say. Simple.
Yeah, that's not how the Constitution works. It's called an "amendment", which, of course, can be amended. Won't happen tomorrow or next year, but 10 years down the road?

Slavery was popular at one time, as was abolition. Both were changed in the Constitution. Oh yeah, and that woman thing having the right to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:27 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,458 posts, read 2,374,581 times
Reputation: 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
You’ve got it backwards. The NRA exists to express the will of the people, the 5+ million members like myself. And no, corporate contributions aren’t that big a deal. Bloomberg business listed the top corporate contributors in a graphical format some years ago. Interestingly, the largest contributor by far was Midway. They have a “Round-Up Program” where buyers can voluntarily round up their purchase price to the nearest dollar with the overpayment amount going directly to the NRA. So, it turns out that the largest “corporate” contributor was one who simply passed on voluntary over-payment of customers.

The power of the NRA comes from its very politically active membership who can flood congress with mail and phone calls whenever needed.

I guess for the will of his members, LaPierre needs a $274,000 Italian wardrobe to function. Dont members feel a little bit like you've been had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Maryland
1,935 posts, read 624,304 times
Reputation: 4302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I guess for the will of his members, LaPierre needs a $274,000 Italian wardrobe to function. Dont members feel a little bit like you've been had.
There is housecleaning that probably needs to be done, or maybe some tightening of in house regulations but I’m not throwing out an entire organization, the most influential of all pro-2A organizations, over some all too common executive level screw ups. I know that is exactly what the anti-gun movement wants. We can disapprove of the actions of a few and work to change things without trashing an entire organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,619 posts, read 15,977,655 times
Reputation: 9963
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've been training for and shooting competitively since I was about 7. My Dad started me doing preparation exercises with a wooden dowel and weights on a string. I think the drill would be familiar to you. When I actually graduted to handling a firearm it was a High Standard Trophymatic Citation, Military. Same weight an balance as a 1911 Government model in 22LR. And I dry fired for hours and the weight on the string got heavier and heavier as time went on.


I didn't fire a live round till I was 10. Not out of that pistol. And my first trip to the range with live ammo was like second nature. I knew exactly where that trigger broke and the sights were part of my eye. When I got older I got into action shooting. When I was around 21. Been in that mode ever since but my Bullseye roots are still burned into me.


I don't see a single proposal out there that even resembles "common sense." Especially these rabid calls for bans and confiscation by force if necessary from the left. To them my skill and lifelong training is a terrorist threat. And I have never and will never hurt anyone who is not trying to hurt me or mine.


But to these leftists my lifestyle is a threat that just has them apoplectic. There is no compromise and no reason in these people. Because of the way I choose to live my life, peaceable though it has been and will be, they hate me with a zeal that rivals that the racists they claim to solidly stand against. They hate me with the same hatred these racists hate whatever group of people they target.


And they target me in the same way. Because they are afraid of me. And yet they tell me that I live the way I do out of fear. They hate me because I am me and not what THEY think I should be. There is no common sense at all. Just blind, life sucking fear that has filled hem with a desire to destroy all that does not conform to their way of thinking.


They will never not be afraid until there are no people like me left alive.
And what do you exactly think we actually need by comparison to the "leftist common sense" gun measures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 12:28 PM
 
7,409 posts, read 3,820,387 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
So that's what it's come to. The organization that's becoming so hated, that consistently thwarts the will of the American people - they just lean on the president, the supposed leader of the free world. (I wonder if they ever called Obama.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cks/ar-AAFwO04

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/nra-c...checks-report/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ainst-him.html
What`s interesting is the fact that Obama signed legislation allowing folks to fondle their loaded guns in National parks while Romney banned assault rifles in Massachusetts. The NRA supported the gun grabbing Romney in the election. Hmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM
 
1,676 posts, read 368,373 times
Reputation: 1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
So that's what it's come to. The organization that's becoming so hated, that consistently thwarts the will of the American people - they just lean on the president, the supposed leader of the free world. (I wonder if they ever called Obama.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cks/ar-AAFwO04

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/nra-c...checks-report/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ainst-him.html
So I'm wondering what we do as a population with this carnage that is occurring under Trump's watch.

Accept it?

WTF is he doing to keep us safe from these massacres/carnage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,458 posts, read 2,374,581 times
Reputation: 4584
I see Trump got b**** slapped today by the NRA. Walking back on background checks. He'll do what they want, if it means campaign money. Who says he cant be bought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top