U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:55 AM

2,191 posts, read 853,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
So that's what it's come to. The organization that's becoming so hated, that consistently thwarts the will of the American people

Interesting. So, you have an issue with a civil rights organization? How do you feel about BLM? Antifa? The Southern Law Poverty Center? Do they thwart the will of the American people? I know consistency is tough for the far left, but why don't you give it a try?

The fact that you have some sort of fear of inanimate objects doesn't change the fact the NRA's main priority is to protect your Constitutionally guaranteed rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:10 AM

9,753 posts, read 2,393,581 times
The NRA warns Trump

Well, I guess we know who's wearing the pants in THAT family.

Old Today, 08:01 AM

27,572 posts, read 15,922,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Interesting. So, you have an issue with a civil rights organization? How do you feel about BLM? Antifa? The Southern Law Poverty Center? Do they thwart the will of the American people? I know consistency is tough for the far left, but why don't you give it a try?

The fact that you have some sort of fear of inanimate objects doesn't change the fact the NRA's main priority is to protect your Constitutionally guaranteed rights.
The NRA are really just the gun lobby. Others have expressed this and they are gun owners and former members. The NRA are only marketed as a civil rights organization. You are dipping into the Kool-Aid but you don't know the flavor. Think critically.

Old Today, 08:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 2,355,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Same with how Pharma has killed thousands with this opiate crisis. Yet, they roam free.

We need a person to finally stand up to this. trump aint your man.

Trump see's money when talking to the NRA nothing else. He cares nothing about guns and what they do. The NRA is a business, you buy into their rhetoric. They use that money to influence, manipulate,and blackmail to their narrative. And lately as where money is involved, greed and corruption.

Old Today, 08:21 AM

58,275 posts, read 41,205,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And as a Trump supporter and actual voter I'm warning Trump to not bow down to the NRA. Trump said behind doors he support universal background checks. We will see what happens, but depending how Republicans handle this, if the Democratic candidate is Biden, I may switch sides. I would never support a far leftie, but I could do Biden in a pinch.

What about the others in line like Vlad, Tucker, and Seann?

Old Today, 08:24 AM

10,982 posts, read 5,104,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The NRA are really just the gun lobby. Others have expressed this and they are gun owners and former members. The NRA are only marketed as a civil rights organization. You are dipping into the Kool-Aid but you don't know the flavor. Think critically.
The NRA is the oldest civil right organization in the country.

Old Today, 08:31 AM

4,513 posts, read 924,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The NRA is the oldest civil right organization in the country.
Yeah, that is not why it was formed. It was formed to improve marksmanship.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

8,854 posts, read 10,923,465 times
T has a big, blustery mouth, but lets see what action he actually does. Him caving to the NRA not only doesn't look good, but it's gonna bite him in the butt down the line when another and another shooting happens and he's done nothing. I'd say ditto to Moscow Mitch, too.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

27,820 posts, read 17,789,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Owning a gun is a Natural Right? I would consider the right to food, clothing, and shelter to a be a Natural Right. A gun? Maybe if the only way would be if you needed a gun to shoot animals to get your food in order to survive. Protect yourself? Well, other means can be used for that. That woman with the hot grease showed that. lol

Background checks? You do know that in order to work in public schools you need to have a background check and be fingerprinted. You can go on the Net, put in a person's name, and find out if said person has been fingerprinted and cleared by the FBI. I did a check on myself and found it.

If I ever wanted to buy a gun, my fingerprints are already on file.

Edit: A background check certainly would show criminal activity. However, mental issues would be far more difficult to show up in a background check, especially occurring in childhood.
In what way are those not "natural rights"? You have the right in this nation to purchase any of those items should you wish. Much like with the 2nd amendment-a right to do/own something does not mean someone else has to provide it for you.

Old Today, 09:11 AM

2,420 posts, read 659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post

Hey, if you paying members of the lobbying consortium called the NRA are okay with promoting the civil right of Mrs. Wayne Lapierre to have a larger MBR closet and the proper social membership at a Dallas country club, then who are we SJWs (who advocate for an equal playing field for all Americans and who struggle to battle discrimination based on race, religion, age, gender and ethnicity), to complain?

Last edited by corpgypsy; Today at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or