Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:02 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Is that Russian front organization still considered a power player? The mind boggles.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but to get back on topic.

The NRA was never all that powerful. The power comes from the massive voting block behind the NRA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
That's why Mitch doesn't want to bring it to a vote because he knows Republicans will either anger their voters or the NRA, which can act as their best friend or worst enemy.
He doesn't want the debate as usual, no debate and no vote means they aren't on record. I find great fault with Trump, he had the Sandy Hook and Parkland parents in the oval office last year and claimed he wasn't afraid of the NRA. I haven't heard a word out of him since when it comes to gun control.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

The NRA was never all that powerful. The power comes from the massive voting block behind the NRA.
Well around 80% want background checks but they don't line the pockets of the politicians, its all about campaign donations. This is not about a voting block.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
The will of the people is to not have our civil rights eroded, that is why congress respects the will of the people, and doesn't pass more anti-gun legislation.
Reportedly, 90% of Americans want stronger background checks for guns.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:16 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well around 80% want background checks but they don't line the pockets of the politicians, its all about campaign donations. This is not about a voting block.

First, there are background checks. In fact., there is a background check required for all new firearm purchases.

Second, who's pockets are being lined by the NRA? The donations by the NRA to politicians are fairly small, especially compared to the large lobbying groups.

I know you anti-gun people will never admit it, but the power of the NRA is the massive voting block behind it.

Don't believe me, why didn't the democrats pass real anti-gun legislation while they controlled the House, the Senate, and White House back when Obama was elected?

Or are you saying the NRA bought off all the democrats also?

Old 08-08-2019, 06:19 PM

108 posts, read 42,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
So that's what it's come to. The organization that's becoming so hated, that consistently thwarts the will of the American people - they just lean on the president, the supposed leader of the free world. (I wonder if they ever called Obama.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cks/ar-AAFwO04

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/nra-c...checks-report/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ainst-him.html
2nd amendment is NOT up for debate.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:21 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
The will of the people is to not have our civil rights eroded, that is why congress respects the will of the people, and doesn't pass more anti-gun legislation.
The majority want to have more not less gun regulations and Republicans no less. Congress needs to start listening to the people. Of course Trump, et al. are totally owned by the NRA.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ns-ban-1452586

Old 08-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
First, there are background checks. In fact., there is a background check required for all new firearm purchases.

Second, who's pockets are being lined by the NRA? The donations by the NRA to politicians are fairly small, especially compared to the large lobbying groups.

I know you anti-gun people will never admit it, but the power of the NRA is the massive voting block behind it.

Don't believe me, why didn't the democrats pass real anti-gun legislation while they controlled the House, the Senate, and White House back when Obama was elected?

Or are you saying the NRA bought off all the democrats also?
Well 80% of Americans want universal background checks how big is that NRA voting block. They aren't the largest lobby funding wise but it is most definitely an impact.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:26 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,000 times
Quote:

NRA tells them how to vote.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
What percentage of the people are in agreement with no anti gun laws ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies