Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 08:45 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Because buying a home, far more often than not, has a LARGE emotional component to it.

Ok I guess, if you're willing to forego the house solely based on the guy having KKK gear than the person who is not so silly will get a good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Ok I guess, if you're willing to forego the house solely based on the guy having KKK gear than the person who is not so silly will get a good deal.

*I* wouldn't be, but people are strange.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
If you had relatives who had been lynched, beaten, intimidated by the KKK, you might feel differently.

Relatives of Holocaust survivors would likely not being interested in buying a home that had Nazi paraphernalia on display.

I'm sure these buyers will find a home that is a better fit.

Plus, all this publicity will likely flush out a kindred spirit to buy the police officer's home.

So, it will all work out.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM

21,119 posts, read 19,707,707 times
If a black person listens to music with anti-police lyrics, they shouldn’t be allowed to walk the streets.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Watch the left try to spin this as if the officer is possibly "Racist". The officer also killed a black guy in 2009. Likely that had nothing to do with race either. You can count on the left to see racism everywhere though. What....people can't collect KKK items anymore or something?
Ask the officer if he is a racist before jumping to conclusions. If he says he is not. That should settle it.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/muskegon...t-controversy/
Why the pre-emptive defense? And then you point out the things that appear racist.

So, KKK materials and he killed a black man. I'm sure he's as 'not racist' as all the other 'not racist' people.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If a black person listens to music with anti-police lyrics, they shouldn’t be allowed to walk the streets.

My good friend East Retroit. How are you? We go back a long ways....and I see you still have not changed. Still living in East Retroit...I am sure the demographics is getting similar to the retroit south of 8.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What the hell does that have to do with this story?
It shows that there is a one sidedness to reporting and that its not all white supremacist stuff. You didnt hear a word about the cop killing rap video. I mean a corrections officer rapping, calling for the killing of cops vs a cop privately having some kkk stuff. I know which seems more shocking and dangerous, but look what gets publicized.
Both should be fired (if its shown the officer belongs to the kkk).

Last edited by Spottednikes; 08-09-2019 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-09-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It shows that there is a one sidedness to reporting and that its not all white supremacist stuff. You didnt hear a word about the cop killing rap video. I mean a corrections officer rapping, calling for the killing of cops vs a cop privately having some kkk stuff. I know which seems more shocking and dangerous, but look what gets publicized.
Both should be fired.

If none heard about it how did you hear about it? The only reason people on here know about this is because I posted it.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:09 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Watch the left try to spin this as if the officer is possibly "Racist". The officer also killed a black guy in 2009. Likely that had nothing to do with race either. You can count on the left to see racism everywhere though. What....people can't collect KKK items anymore or something?

Ask the officer if he is a racist before jumping to conclusions. If he says he is not. That should settle it.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/muskegon...t-controversy/
Even if he's racist, as long as he hasn't demonstrated racism on the job, his personal life is his personal life.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Even if he's racist, as long as he hasn't demonstrated racism on the job, his personal life is his personal life.

That would be hard to be a racist and not demonstrate racism....especially in a job like policing. I think if people know that racism is wrong (do racist think they are wrong.....I doubt it) they can control displaying it during times of comfort. However, if they feel that lives are on the line and have certain beliefs about blacks....that racism will come into play subconsciously....especially when forced to act instinctively without thinking. Your subconscious will control your actions in such situations.

I think that it is very TELLING in the reaction you and others are having to this. It seems that a lot of people see racism and racist as not having an impact on anything. That is why so many people say that blacks have used racism, past and present, as an excuse. Well...if you think people who are racist really does not hurt anyone....and its just a belief.....then yeah.....you will think that racism has had no impact on black peoples.

Racism today, usually, waits for a reason, where as in the past racism was more proactive. In other words, if a black person is doing something wrong, a racist will use that as cover to unleash an action or thought on the black person. It does not seem racist because there is seeming justification for the persons reaction. However, what you never get to see is that if a white person was doing the same thing....the reaction would not have happened and if it did it would be much less. Thus, its hard to see racism today because you need to see the reaction the person has to a white person in the same situation as the black person. Who can see that unless a social experiment or test is done? Fortunately people have done such experiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies