Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 09:44 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, this is a violation of his first amendment rights. Was he preforming his duties satisfactorily? Are you no longer allowed to have certain political opinions in this country and hold your job?

Since he is a police officer, the government employs him. So he might have a case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 09:46 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh well then we shouldn't bother worrying about an officer with KKK stuff.

That makes it even

: smack:
Why should we bother? Let's say he's a racist and white supremacist, these are his opinions and he should not lose his job over this alone. Provided he kept these views out of the workplace, they're his business and his business alone.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:55 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
It is HIS home, no ones business. The fact that black people saw it because a realtor showed the home is irrelevant. As long as the man preformed his duty as a law officer without showing racial bias then his so called racism is no one else’s affair.

Of course the miserable leftists will continue to look for more witches to burn.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:06 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Watch the left try to spin this as if the officer is possibly "Racist". The officer also killed a black guy in 2009. Likely that had nothing to do with race either. You can count on the left to see racism everywhere though. What....people can't collect KKK items anymore or something?

Ask the officer if he is a racist before jumping to conclusions. If he says he is not. That should settle it.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/muskegon...t-controversy/

I collect American, British, and German WW1 and WW2 items. Some of the german ww2 items have a swastika on them (I prefer the ww1 era more, which does not have such symbols).

Does that make me a Nazi?

The largest part of my collection is US ww2 original submarine flags. On those flags, they have small "rising sun" flags for their kills. Does that make me a fascist?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:31 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I collect American, British, and German WW1 and WW2 items. Some of the german ww2 items have a swastika on them (I prefer the ww1 era more, which does not have such symbols).

Does that make me a Nazi?
No. But can't help but wonder why would you collect items with swastikas if you don't associate yourself with Nazis.

If you were a police officer collecting Nazi flags, I would want that looked into.

In this case, a police officer who deals with black people on a regular basis is collecting KKK memorabilia. What's with that?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:35 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Why should we bother? Let's say he's a racist and white supremacist, these are his opinions and he should not lose his job over this alone. Provided he kept these views out of the workplace, they're his business and his business alone.
That's likely what they are looking into. Is he keeping those views out of the workplace?

He killed a black man some years ago. Are there other less serious but similar incidents?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:36 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
Russia and the KKK - two of Democrats' historic love affairs now being projected on Republicans. The Democrats are going to places from which they can never recover, and from which I will never forgive them.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:41 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
I personally know a number of LEO's that dress up like WW2 German soldiers for a kick. Lots of nasty Nazi stuff in their houses.... big deal...

Old 08-09-2019, 05:45 AM

672 posts, read 442,506 times
If someone put a hole in my forehead I might become racist too.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Watch the left try to spin this as if the officer is possibly "Racist". The officer also killed a black guy in 2009. Likely that had nothing to do with race either. You can count on the left to see racism everywhere though. What....people can't collect KKK items anymore or something?

Ask the officer if he is a racist before jumping to conclusions. If he says he is not. That should settle it.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/muskegon...t-controversy/
It is amazing the things sellers choose to display in their homes while trying to get sold. Some do not understand they need their commodity to appeal to the widest number of buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies