Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:17 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,096,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is amazing the things sellers choose to display in their homes while trying to get sold. Some do not understand they need their commodity to appeal to the widest number of buyers.
I don't see why KKK paraphenila would matter when buying a home. You buy the home, you throw it away. Now, a home that's falling apart - yes that matters. Their personal items don't matter at all - they get thrown away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 AM

15,452 posts, read 10,369,577 times
Some people collect ww2 stuff, I wouldn't necessarily jump to conclusions. I knew a kid who's father had a bunch of old Japanese items. Kinda gave me the creeps.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:23 AM

16,935 posts, read 12,485,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is amazing the things sellers choose to display in their homes while trying to get sold. Some do not understand they need their commodity to appeal to the widest number of buyers.
You win this thread.

Selling the house has one goal. Sell the house.

You need to think that a moonbat antifa SJW who beats up Trump voters will have a showing right after a proud boy he fought with during the last demonstration.

They have one thing in common: Their money spends the same.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,641,427 times
This person should not be a police officer.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Some people collect ww2 stuff, I wouldn't necessarily jump to conclusions. I knew a kid who's father had a bunch of old Japanese items. Kinda gave me the creeps.
I don't know anyone who collects KKK stuff. Civil war stuff, ww2 stuff? Yes. KKK stuff no. Not saying this is impossible but I think we're stretching.

Ultimately this comes down to the 1st amendment. His stuff was found at home, unrelated to his duties as a police officer. We should not be the country where your political opinions interfere with your ability to make a living. He's maybe a racist/white supremacist but he has that right provided he doesn't bring this to his job.

I'm guessing that shooting of a black guy was investigated and closed.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,369,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Russia and the KKK - two of Democrats' historic love affairs now being projected on Republicans. The Democrats are going to places from which they can never recover, and from which I will never forgive them.
THIS x infinity!

Old 08-09-2019, 07:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,638,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I don't know anyone who collects KKK stuff. Civil war stuff, ww2 stuff? Yes. KKK stuff no. Not saying this is impossible but I think we're stretching.

Ultimately this comes down to the 1st amendment. His stuff was found at home, unrelated to his duties as a police officer. We should not be the country where your political opinions interfere with your ability to make a living. He's maybe a racist/white supremacist but he has that right provided he doesn't bring this to his job.

Nope.

Regardless of how it was found out the fact that he is a fan of the KKK will forever interfere with his ability to do his duties at work. To serve and protect means you have to have the trust of the community you are tasked with policing, why would any black, or Jewish civilian ever trust this person? Teachers, firefighters, even other police have lost their jobs because aspects of their personal lives have been brought to light (often through no actions of their own) which now make it impossible for them to do their duties as before, despite being public employees.

Just recently a teacher was fired for a topless photo she had sent to her boyfriend, police officers have been fired for screen shots of social media posts that were private but got out to the public, firefighters have been fired for Vegas antics going viral in their town. It’s called the off duty conduct standard and it applies to government employees whose duties include the public trust. This officer should be investigated for whether or not these items violate that idea.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:40 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,641,427 times
Quote:

Wow. Do you think that a person can be a racist and not have their racist beliefs influence their behavior as a police officer? What if one of his racist beliefs is that blacks are inherently more violent? Thus, in a situation involving black suspects.....he may feel his life is in MORE danger than if he were in the same situation with a white person....and those heightened fears may lead to the use of more deadly force.

The ideal that you can separate such beliefs from how you treat people is astounding. You can't be a racist without acting racist....unless you try to overcompensate by acting the opposite.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Nope.

Regardless of how it was found out the fact that he is a fan of the KKK will forever interfere with his ability to do his duties at work. To serve and protect means you have to have the trust of the community you are tasked with policing, why would any black, or Jewish civilian ever trust this person? Teachers, firefighters, even other police have lost their jobs because aspects of their personal lives have been brought to light (often through no actions of their own) which now make it impossible for them to do their duties as before, despite being public employees.

Just recently a teacher was fired for a topless photo she had sent to her boyfriend, police officers have been fired for screen shots of social media posts that were private but got out to the public, firefighters have been fired for Vegas antics going viral in their town. It’s called the off duty conduct standard and it applies to government employees whose duties include the public trust. This officer should be investigated for whether or not these items violate that idea.
No one in the community will know his views. Unless of course the media exposes him. And even then most people won't know/forget.

He should be allowed to keep his job.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times
Quote:
I don't see why KKK paraphenila would matter when buying a home. You buy the home, you throw it away. Now, a home that's falling apart - yes that matters. Their personal items don't matter at all - they get thrown away.
Buyers will take a pass on property because they don’t like the color of interior paint colors.

Agree it should not matter but it does to some buyers. Property for sale in a commodity in the market.

The ethnicity, race and even religion of the people making an offer also matters to some sellers.

And oh my stars, buyers and sellers make assumptions about each other based on the car in the garage or parked in the driveway / out front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies