U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 04:56 AM

12,871 posts, read 4,353,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Even those of you who whorship at the great orange liberal tear-makers altar have to cringe a little at someone who is this much of an a hole. Like...even just a little bit? If you have any sense of decency left that is. I know, hes the bull in the china cabinet to shake things up,"libertarians".
I don't worship Trump or any other politician. On this one, the El Paso visit, the liberals have a point, he did act like an A-Hole. Unfortunately the choice in the next election is going to be to vote for a narcissistic A-Hole, but one who is overall doing a decent job -- or something much, much worse. Trump was the right guy in 2016. In 2020 he might not be the right guy, but what other choice does middle class America have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 AM

12,067 posts, read 4,114,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't worship Trump or any other politician. On this one, the El Paso visit, the liberals have a point, he did act like an A-Hole. Unfortunately the choice in the next election is going to be to vote for a narcissistic A-Hole, but one who is overall doing a decent job -- or something much, much worse. Trump was the right guy in 2016. In 2020 he might not be the right guy, but what other choice does middle class America have?

The last thing I would want if I was injured and in hospital is a visit from a politician.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:22 AM

12,871 posts, read 4,353,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

The last thing I would want if I was injured and in hospital is a visit from a politician.
Exactly. I am looking for the politician that is going to do the least amount of damage.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:24 AM

9,753 posts, read 5,464,934 times
Quote:

That's how I would feel; doesn't matter if it is a president I supported or not. My unfortunate circumstance isn't a photo op for political game.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:00 AM

3,415 posts, read 2,364,298 times
Quote:

Especially some one you know faked an injury to wuss out of the military.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 AM

10,234 posts, read 12,051,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump is a sociopath with no empathy for anyone or anything.
Orange man bad??

Trump 2020!

Old 08-10-2019, 07:30 AM

9,816 posts, read 4,446,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Orange man bad??

Trump 2020!
You forgot to mention TDS.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 AM

23,684 posts, read 12,500,531 times
I would want nothing to do with the politicians or media if I was a victim of a mass shooting.

The videos and pics the White House admin. are releasing of the visits are cringe worthy. They are clearly meant to be campaign videos and that shouldn't be the purpose of the visits.

Initially The White House not allowing the press in suggested that they were respecting the privacy, the serious nature of the visit. It seemed to be a somber, serious, opportunity for the victims, and the first respondents to receive support and appreciation from the PResident.

Instead we see that the press wasn't allowed so that the White House could control the message. Okay -- but they got it all wrong....that picture of the orphaned baby with the Trumps -- cringeworthy.

This was not a photo op.

But it is clear that they had set up for photo ops because of the background. Look -- it's like a red carpet -- they put up a backdrop for pics.

This was planned -- hey have an area set up for folks that want their pic with the President. He'll be happy to oblige -- thumbs up all the way.

not the right image to put out there.

Again - Trump is simple minded -- not sure he understands the optics -- but somebody in his staff -- Grisham maybe? should know better.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:49 AM

6,523 posts, read 3,641,545 times
There are those of us who said this would happen. Narcissist Trump would make this all about him. Just another campaign rally. Very, very sad, and disgraceful using the dead to boost his ego.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:55 AM

12,858 posts, read 8,870,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
There are those of us who said this would happen. Narcissist Trump would make this all about him. Just another campaign rally. Very, very sad, and disgraceful using the dead to boost his ego.
Right,
And if Trump didnt go, you would be complaining nonstop about how he does not care for the victims and that he hates everyone..wash, rinse, repeat..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or