U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 09:50 PM

48,687 posts, read 45,791,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yep. He is probably not mentally all there.
And from what I seen, I don't think Trump is mentally all their either. It is like we're living in the days of Tiberius and Caligula.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 10:05 PM

8,105 posts, read 4,137,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Now, clearly he didn't mean this, it was taken out of context. But, the same Democrats that will defend Biden are the same ones who will throw the Trump good people on both sides BS in your face. Or the Romney women full of binders.

People make mistakes. Hyper partisans take words out of context. Admit this
I don't think this is true.

He was associating poor with black.

He tries to cover for it at the end by including black kids.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:20 AM

48,687 posts, read 45,791,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

Many Republicans associate poor with Black very often, so it's not like Democratic politicians are alone in this. In fact, throughout the USA, many people associate being poor with being Black or Hispanic. In red areas and blue areas.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:32 AM

13,789 posts, read 7,518,573 times
Quote:

His attempt to cover up was weak, very weak. One would have to be hyper partisan to buy it.

“Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Old 08-10-2019, 05:56 AM

3,050 posts, read 2,482,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
He caught himself alright. He said exactly what he was thinking, then there's a little pause where he goes 'oh crap I just said that', then he starts throwing out all kinds of races and cultures and adjectives.

He may not be a textbook racist, but he's definitely one of those people who really believes that minorities are inferior, and that it's up to good old liberal Whitey to save them.
I've thought about Biden's statement, and I'm of the belief that it's an error along the lines of here's my two favorite foods: 1. pizza, and b. ice cream. Here's why.

When talking about economics, wealthy kids are considered advantaged, whereas poor kids are considered disadvantaged. When talking in terms of race, white kids are considered advantaged, and black, Latinx, and Native American kids are considered disadvantaged. Obviously, race and economics are two separate categories and you can't directly compare the two, but given the fact that he paused and tried to correct himself, it sounds like he just mixed up the advantaged and disadvantaged category types.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:52 AM

9,591 posts, read 4,911,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I've thought about Biden's statement, and I'm of the belief that it's an error along the lines of here's my two favorite foods: 1. pizza, and b. ice cream. Here's why.

When talking about economics, wealthy kids are considered advantaged, whereas poor kids are considered disadvantaged. When talking in terms of race, white kids are considered advantaged, and black, Latinx, and Native American kids are considered disadvantaged. Obviously, race and economics are two separate categories and you can't directly compare the two, but given the fact that he paused and tried to correct himself, it sounds like he just mixed up the advantaged and disadvantaged category types.
Joe simply couldn't handle the two 'w' words he meant to say: 'Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as wealthy kids... white kids, black kids, Asian kids...'

A gotcha glitch at a time when Biden's already accused of being a racist.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:59 AM

10,965 posts, read 10,978,206 times
Quote:
When trump makes racist statements, it is just par for the course for the right. But when Biden commits a gaffe, I guess that's newsworthy

Old 08-10-2019, 07:02 AM

10,211 posts, read 12,041,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
When trump makes racist statements, it is just par for the course for the right. But when Biden commits a gaffe, I guess that's newsworthy
I think he just sunk himself. But for Liberals, it's okay for Biden to make a comment like that but can you imagine if President Trump said. "Poor kids are just as smart as white kids?"

Old 08-10-2019, 07:06 AM

4,601 posts, read 2,170,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think he just sunk himself. But for Liberals, it's okay for Biden to make a comment like that but can you imagine if President Trump said. "Poor kids are just as smart as white kids?"
I hope Biden doesn't get the nomination. But I'll vote for him if he does.

This is not okay.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:08 AM

3,171 posts, read 910,546 times
“He is speaking with energy, passion and conviction.”.....when the Biden pundits have to come up with this line to describe Biden for one day.....you know you have a problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or