U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM
 
3,160 posts, read 907,934 times
Reputation: 1886

Advertisements

“He is speaking with energy, passion and conviction.”.....when the Biden pundits have to come up with this line to describe Biden for one day.....you know you have a problem
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
 
66,876 posts, read 30,604,694 times
Reputation: 8740
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Correction, southern Democrats were the one's perpetuating the racism.
That's pure delusion. Northern Dems have always been racist, and still are. The most segregated schools are in blue states. And here's something eye-opening many don't know about Chicago, which has been run by Dems for decades...

White Democrats in Chicago insisted that Chicago's "Equity Insurance" program be implemented.

Chicago Isn't Just Segregated, It Basically Invented Modern Segregation - Chicago Magazine

VERY important to read the Chicago Magazine article. Much of the info is just simply jaw-dropping. For example, it was White Democrats who in the 1980s insisted the City of Chicago implement "equity insurance" in case they had to sell their homes at a loss because Blacks had moved into the neighborhood and torpedoed property values. The "equity insurance" program is still in place to this day.

The media never mentions it because the City of Chicago equity insurance program benefits White Democrat voters. They're protected from the loss of equity in their homes caused by what they've identified as "minority creep" into their lily White neighborhoods.

More background info on Chicago's "equity insurance" program:

Plan to Insure Chicago Home Value Brings Racial Rift - 1988 - NY Times Archive

1988, the inception of Chicago's "equity insurance" program was fairly recent, not pre-Civil Rights. And, as I said, the "equity insurance" program still exists to this day...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Boston
8,230 posts, read 2,391,645 times
Reputation: 5869
Biden looks down at black people and has for 50 years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Central NJ and PA
2,554 posts, read 846,757 times
Reputation: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I've thought about Biden's statement, and I'm of the belief that it's an error along the lines of here's my two favorite foods: 1. pizza, and b. ice cream. Here's why.

When talking about economics, wealthy kids are considered advantaged, whereas poor kids are considered disadvantaged. When talking in terms of race, white kids are considered advantaged, and black, Latinx, and Native American kids are considered disadvantaged. Obviously, race and economics are two separate categories and you can't directly compare the two, but given the fact that he paused and tried to correct himself, it sounds like he just mixed up the advantaged and disadvantaged category types.
If this were the only time, I could be persuaded by your argument, but when you look at some of his past comments regarding Blacks, it starts to become a pattern rather than a one-off or mistake.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
 
37,576 posts, read 16,295,929 times
Reputation: 8530
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When he starts telling them to go back to where they came from, we will have something to talk about. Until then...................
"When he starts telling them to go back to where they came from,"

He ALSO told them to come BACK which most on the left IGNORES.

Distortion and omission is all the left has.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
 
48,670 posts, read 45,779,127 times
Reputation: 15483
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's pure delusion. Northern Dems have always been racist, and still are. The most segregated schools are in blue states. And here's something eye-opening many don't know about Chicago, which has been run by Dems for decades...

White Democrats in Chicago insisted that Chicago's "Equity Insurance" program be implemented.

Chicago Isn't Just Segregated, It Basically Invented Modern Segregation - Chicago Magazine

VERY important to read the Chicago Magazine article. Much of the info is just simply jaw-dropping. For example, it was White Democrats who in the 1980s insisted the City of Chicago implement "equity insurance" in case they had to sell their homes at a loss because Blacks had moved into the neighborhood and torpedoed property values. The "equity insurance" program is still in place to this day.

The media never mentions it because the City of Chicago equity insurance program benefits White Democrat voters. They're protected from the loss of equity in their homes caused by what they've identified as "minority creep" into their lily White neighborhoods.

More background info on Chicago's "equity insurance" program:

Plan to Insure Chicago Home Value Brings Racial Rift - 1988 - NY Times Archive

1988, the inception of Chicago's "equity insurance" program was fairly recent, not pre-Civil Rights. And, as I said, the "equity insurance" program still exists to this day...
Tell me something I don't know about Chicago. Chicago is its own animal. Alabama, a red state, is going about its own ways to try and resegregate some of the schools.
Why schools still can't put segregation behind them

And this still doesn't refute the fact that Northern Democrats were far more likely to support the Civil Rights Act than Southern Democrats. Northern Republicans supported it at a lesser rate than Northern Democrats. Southern Republicans didn't support it at all. The South, and especially southern Republicans at the time, were on the wrong side of history, period.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
 
48,670 posts, read 45,779,127 times
Reputation: 15483
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden looks down at black people and has for 50 years.
He isn't the only one. Blacks have been the most looked down on group for a long time. There are plenty of people, Republican and Democrat, who look down on Blacks. If this is some "Blacks should vote Republican" kind of thing, it's not going to work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,803 posts, read 19,459,516 times
Reputation: 8619
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Huge majority of black voters started voting Democrat with FDR, 35 years before Democrats gave up segregation.
Roosevelt, who was a member of the Democratic party, and his wife did a lot for blacks, especially in view of the times they were living in.
Generally speaking, neither his party nor the Republicans nor the conservatives treated blacks well. Treating minorities like second-class citizens was unfortunately considered normal by many people in the past, regardless of party affiliation.

And today minorities, especially blacks, definitely prefer the Democratic party. That's also why the first black president was a Democrat, not a Republican.
And I think Trump has done a great job making sure it will stay that way for a long time to come.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,999 posts, read 11,333,755 times
Reputation: 6210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Roosevelt, who was a member of the Democratic party, and his wife did a lot for blacks, especially in view of the times they were living in.
Generally speaking, neither his party nor the Republicans nor the conservatives treated blacks well. Treating minorities like second-class citizens was unfortunately considered normal by many people in the past, regardless of party affiliation.

And today minorities, especially blacks, definitely prefer the Democratic party. That's also why the first black president was a Democrat, not a Republican.
And I think Trump has done a great job making sure it will stay that way for a long time to come.
Handouts. Bought and paid for. Is it any wonder black unemployment which was less or similar to white unemployment became higher after the democrats and their welfare bought the poor in the 1930s.

As a group black and hispanic kids have a greater percentage of the poor. That's what single parenthood does.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM
 
2,826 posts, read 4,536,421 times
Reputation: 1627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Biden's the guy who told a black audience in 2012 that Romney wanted to put them back in chains.

You can tell Biden has a low opinion of black people because he made an assertion that was in no way plausible as though they would believe it.

He also said Obama was a fairy tale.....bright, clean and articulate.

If a Republican candidate said something like about Obama, the media and left would go crazy and call it racist.
He's also the one who claimed FDR was POTUS when the stock market crashed and that FDR went on TV to tell everyone. My grandma despised that man and said he didn't know his history from his ass because she was alive during that time. Gah I miss her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKcRo8DNYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
HIs comments are being pulled off Facebook pages.
FB is working overtime today. They are even pulling Hillary meme's down over the Epstein thing.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top