U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

48,670 posts, read 45,779,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
'most likely' as in you are trying to read their minds but have no idea.

I don't think people are routinely saying racist things to you.

You can make any claim on the internet but nobody can independently corroborate it.

Your party says photo ID to vote is racist. i don't think it makes sense to let your party decide what is racist.

I have seen white and people interacting all the time in SC and other southern states with no issues. I've lived all over SC, rarely have seen a Confederate flag.

in SC, the Confederate flag was not on the state house until shortly after the segregationist liberal Democrat Fritz Hollings became governor. He was later pictured giving JFK a Confederate flag as a gift.

Biden was big buddies with Hollings and gushed over him when he died. Hollings never switched to the GOP.
Or most likely, I've grown up in a conservative Republican area. I have grown up around and interacted with people in that area. My claims come from what I've grown up with the people I've interacted with. You can't corroborate your claims any better than I can. In that case, your claims are no more credible than mine.

You've seen White and "what" people?

You've lived all over South Carolina. What specific parts of South Carolina? Name the cities you've lived in.

If Fritz Hollings was a segregationist, he was not a liberal. Don't try to pull that "liberals are the real racists" crap. I'm not falling for it, I've seen it before. Hollings might have never switched. Strom Thurmond did. Jesse Helms did. Trent Lott switched.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

8,080 posts, read 4,129,819 times
Strom Thurmond was the ONLY segregationist Democrat senator that switched. the left tries to make the exception to the rule the rule.

Al Gore's father (filibustered Civil Rights ACt), Robert Byrd (filibustered Civil Rights ACt), Ernest Hollings, WIlliam Fullbright (Bill Clinton's mentor in Arkansas), and numerous other Democrat segregationist did not switch. None of these guys can be described as conservatives at any point. They were FDR liberals.

I don't think Trent Lott was ever on record supporting segregation or in office during the segregation era but he wasn't liked by conservatives anyway. lol

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

9,860 posts, read 2,739,350 times
Quote:
Yeah because telling a person who trivialized 9-11 and said America is no better than Al Queda to go home is racist because far left person says so.
What does this post mean?

Biden said something overtly racist. You don't care because your obsessed with Partisan politics and pivot to taking Trump's statements out of context.

Do you feel bad?

By the way I'm further left than you'll ever be, I just hate partisan politics.

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

13,853 posts, read 9,451,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Lawd! What a doddering old fool! Hilarious
He is a total moron.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What does this post mean?

Biden said something overtly racist. You don't care because your obsessed with Partisan politics and pivot to taking Trump's statements out of context.

Do you feel bad?

By the way I'm further left than you'll ever be, I just hate partisan politics.
You must be responding to the wrong person.

I'm a Trump supporter and I posted this topic to show Biden's racism.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Strom Thurmond was the ONLY segregationist Democrat that switched.
No he wasn't. Jesse Helms switched too. Trent Lott was very segregationist and he became a Republican during the early 1970s.

And Strom Thurmond was a Dixiecrat. He split from the mainline Democratic Party during the 1948 DNC because he was very segregationist.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You must be responding to the wrong person.

I'm a Trump supporter and I posted this topic to show Biden's racism.
I'm not a Trump supporter. And you haven't given me a reason as to why I should be. Trump has said plenty of bigoted things himself. Yes, I'm aware of Biden having a low opinion of Blacks. You still haven't convinced me to vote Republican though. Until you can explain to me what the GOP has done for Blacks LATELY, then forget it.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Most of the segregationists did not switch.

Lott was not in political office during segregation era.

I don't think he is on record stating that he supports segregation. If true, he's still the exception to the rule.

the thing that got Helms in trouble was oppose racial quotas and affirmative action in hiring, which is an anti-racist position.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter. And you haven't given me a reason as to why I should be. Trump has said plenty of bigoted things himself. Yes, I'm aware of Biden having a low opinion of Blacks. You still haven't convinced me to vote Republican though. Until you can explain to me what the GOP has done for Blacks LATELY, then forget it.
You can't even follow the conversation. That post was in reply to somebody else.

Nobody is trying to convince you of anything. I know you are a close minded person.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Most of the segregationists did not switch.
And yet, Barry Goldwater, a Republican who opposed the Civil Rights Act, had no problem winning the Deep South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or