U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 06:41 PM

1,664 posts, read 431,272 times

Advertisements

All you need to do is look at who attends Trump’s MAGA rallies, versus any Democratic Candidate’s rally, and you can see the current state of race relations in politics. It’s ludicrous to think that any Democratic candidate has the same racial animosity that Trump does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 06:53 PM

8,105 posts, read 4,137,554 times
How do Trump's rallies show the current state of race relations.

b/c I don't see Trump talking about race other than to point out african american and hispanic unemployment is at historic lows.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 4,239,801 times
This is just one of so many reasons why rolling with Creepy Uncle Joe as your candidate is a terrible idea for the Dems. The man is a gaffe machine, but don't expect Trump and the Right to have any mercy on the guy. Remember how much hay the Left made out of "good people on both sides" in spite of Trump saying "I'm not talking about white supremacists. They should be condemned totally" in that very same speech within the next 60 seconds or so? The Left gives no quarter and will undoubted get none in return.

Joe has now cast himself as a person who thinks that the only poor people in America are non-white and people of color are just inherently sad poor destitute slobs -- something along those lines. He sincerely hopes that someday people of color can measure up to white people in terms of intelligence and prosperity, apparently. So now we've added the "white supremacist with a guilty conscience" attack vector to Creepy Uncle Joe for Trump to hit him with. I expect that Trump will be able to point out that he presided over the boomingest economy since the roaring 20's while Obama and Biden were at the helm when the USA was in the worst slump since the Great Depression.

Personally, I dislike both of these old farts. Not giving two craps about either offers a certain amount of clarity. I can sell you Trump and his four years easily if that's what I wanted to do. I'd have a lot harder time selling Biden. Only thing I can think of is "orange man bad" and "Trump's a big mean bully." I don't think it's enough.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:52 PM

27,848 posts, read 17,814,068 times
Gropin' Joe-the gift that keeps on giving. Someone take Trump's phone away and let the Dems implode all on their own.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:54 PM

8,105 posts, read 4,137,554 times
the bully characterization makes no sense. Trump's a teddy bear with a heart of gold.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:45 AM

37,609 posts, read 16,312,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Roosevelt, who was a member of the Democratic party, and his wife did a lot for blacks, especially in view of the times they were living in.
Generally speaking, neither his party nor the Republicans nor the conservatives treated blacks well. Treating minorities like second-class citizens was unfortunately considered normal by many people in the past, regardless of party affiliation.

And today minorities, especially blacks, definitely prefer the Democratic party. That's also why the first black president was a Democrat, not a Republican.
And I think Trump has done a great job making sure it will stay that way for a long time to come.
"And today minorities, especially blacks, definitely prefer the Democratic party."

"When you rob Peter to pay Paul AND David, Paul AND David will vote for you EVERY time!"

Old 08-11-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Or most likely, I've grown up in a conservative Republican area. I have grown up around and interacted with people in that area. My claims come from what I've grown up with the people I've interacted with. You can't corroborate your claims any better than I can. In that case, your claims are no more credible than mine.

You've seen White and "what" people?

You've lived all over South Carolina. What specific parts of South Carolina? Name the cities you've lived in.

If Fritz Hollings was a segregationist, he was not a liberal. Don't try to pull that "liberals are the real racists" crap. I'm not falling for it, I've seen it before. Hollings might have never switched. Strom Thurmond did. Jesse Helms did. Trent Lott switched.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I don't care why he wasn't for the Civil Rights Act. What matters to me is that he was against it. That is enough for me. It was enough for alot of Black voters, those who could vote. If you don't support the Civil Rights Act, you're against me, period. You stand as a threat to my survival.
Even SOUTHERN DEMS voted against it

"Civil Rights Act of 1964By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that had made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.[23]
The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Old 08-11-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
I don't care why he wasn't for the Civil Rights Act. What matters to me is that he was against it. That is enough for me. It was enough for alot of Black voters, those who could vote. If you don't support the Civil Rights Act, you're against me, period. You stand as a threat to my survival.
Even SOUTHERN DEMS voted against it

"Civil Rights Act of 1964By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that had made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.[23]
The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Strom Thurmand (R) was ridiculed yet KKK Byrd (D) was praised. Go figure.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 AM

10,945 posts, read 4,511,290 times
Biden misspoke saying, "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

Had he said, "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as rich kids", as he likely intended, he would have been just as wrong. Part of the reason poor people are poor is because they are less bright and talented, on average, than others. This is especially true in countries like America that are relatively meritocratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or