U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:33 PM

3,449 posts, read 1,714,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Joe Biden, BTW was with those Southern Democrats & Republicans. Here he is in his own words about the civil rights act. He was against it, as he was against ending school segregation, as he was against Affirmative action.
"I do not buy the concept, popular in the 60s, which said, We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.

I dont buy that, I dont feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather.I feel responsible for what the situation is today, for the sins of my own generation. And Ill be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.

The always hypocritical left would attempt to crucify Trump if he had EVER said anything like this.
Unfortunately, that is an example of the partisan divide in this country. Because Biden is a Democrat, they will not make a big deal about it. They would if Trump did because he is a Republican. However, you're kidding yourself if you don't think it cuts both ways. There are many things Trump has done (especially in terms of relationships with Putin and Kim Jung Ill), where if Obama had behaved the exact same way, Republicans would have vilified him. It's simply the partisan nature of this country. No matter what a political leader does (with some obvious exceptions), the vast majority of people within the political party of that leader will not find fault with it, whereas they would if said leader were from other political party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 12:40 PM

46,101 posts, read 18,272,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Unfortunately, that is an example of the partisan divide in this country. Because Biden is a Democrat, they will not make a big deal about it. They would if Trump did because he is a Republican. However, you're kidding yourself if you don't think it cuts both ways. There are many things Trump has done (especially in terms of relationships with Putin and Kim Jung Ill), where if Obama had behaved the exact same way, Republicans would have vilified him. It's simply the partisan nature of this country. No matter what a political leader does (with some obvious exceptions), the vast majority of people within the political party of that leader will not find fault with it, whereas they would if said leader were from other political party.

Yep. They are absolutely silent on this. Those the very people who cry "you rassis" on a daily basis.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:53 PM

21,805 posts, read 19,464,329 times
Is that guy really to become the Democratic presidential candidate?!
Mrs. Obama would be a much better candidate

Old 08-09-2019, 01:02 PM

14,521 posts, read 8,002,921 times
Oh lordy, the spin is desperate. If you listen carefully to the words you will hear that poor kids are just as bright as wealthy kids. No mention of race. He was talking about schools with programs for under privileged kids. Yes in the end he mentions Asians, blacks. It's a big nothing burger. Notice who he's speaking too by the sign behind him. Bright students come in all colors was the message.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy, the spin is desperate. If you listen carefully to the words you will hear that poor kids are just as bright as wealthy kids. No mention of race. He was talking about schools with programs for under privileged kids. Yes in the end he mentions Asians, blacks. It's a big nothing burger. Notice who he's speaking too by the sign behind him. Bright students come in all colors was the message.
I am not sure that is the case, though. On average, when you grow up poor, you will have less intellectual stimulation, visit inferior schools, eat inferior food, etc. All of that can contribute to the intellect of the kid in a permanent way, unfortunately.
Having said that, I do think we are all born more or less equally bright in terms of potential.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:09 PM

213 posts, read 26,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post

Back in those days Republicans were referred to as The N word lovers. Its probably where the term came from. That was a long time ago. It looks like the left shoe is on the right foot and the right shoe is on the left foot today, yes?

Nope, the big switch is a big liberal lie(and just 1 of many).

The Democrats(racist party) founded the KKK and fought to keep slavery, not the Republicans. The Democrats racism is still strong today.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Nope, the big switch is a big liberal lie(and just 1 of many).

The Democrats(racist party) founded the KKK and fought to keep slavery, not the Republicans. The Democrats racism is still strong today.
I think that's nonsense, the Democratic party of today has little to do with the party of the 19th century. Today the Republican party is ideologically closer to the KKK than the Democratic party is.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:20 PM

40,678 posts, read 40,225,148 times
No Biden fan here but in the interest of being fair he was probably just generalizing. In the inner cities a lot of "poor kids" do happen to be minorities, not all of course, but I don't think he necessarily had bad intentions in his heart or was automatically being racist.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:23 PM

He does seem to have a long history of making unfortunate remarks... Makes you wonder if he is the right person for an important office, I mean, the unfortunate words of a president can cause a lot of problems, just like shoddy translating/interpreting.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:24 PM

101 posts, read 18,334 times
Joe Biden Says 'Poor Kids' Just As Bright As 'White Kids' In Iowa Speech ... after saying he chose “truth over facts” at another campaign speech.

Truth over facts? Translation: Whatever Biden believes to be the truth over actual facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or