U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 02:24 PM

97 posts, read 18,229 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden Says 'Poor Kids' Just As Bright As 'White Kids' In Iowa Speech ... after saying he chose “truth over facts” at another campaign speech.

Truth over facts? Translation: Whatever Biden believes to be the truth over actual facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 02:27 PM

2,882 posts, read 941,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When he starts telling them to go back to where they came from, we will have something to talk about. Until then...................
He can't. The majority of whom you're referring to as "black" kids....were born here. This is their country more so then those that are coming across the borders illegally by the thousands.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:58 PM

9,590 posts, read 4,909,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy, the spin is desperate. If you listen carefully to the words you will hear that poor kids are just as bright as wealthy kids. No mention of race. He was talking about schools with programs for under privileged kids. Yes in the end he mentions Asians, blacks. It's a big nothing burger. Notice who he's speaking too by the sign behind him. Bright students come in all colors was the message.
He mentioned white, black, and Asian, all considered 'races' in common parlance. I think he wanted to say wealthy first, but said white instead. In the world of gotcha politics and edited comments, he got caught this time. Tough.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:04 PM

3,438 posts, read 1,712,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He mentioned white, black, and Asian, all considered 'races' in common parlance. I think he wanted to say wealthy first, but said white instead. In the world of gotcha politics and edited comments, he got caught this time. Tough.
Yup, I noticed that too. He caught himself, and so then he mentioned other races immediately. He meant to say wealthy at first, but slipped up and he caught himself right after it happened.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:12 PM

21,803 posts, read 19,459,516 times
He said what he was thinking

Makes me wonder, why are presidents usually such old guys?! Would make more sense to pick a middle-aged person, like in his or her 50's, rather than a senior citizen...

Old 08-09-2019, 03:15 PM

700 posts, read 121,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
He said what he was thinking

Makes me wonder, why are presidents usually such old guys?! Would make more sense to pick a middle-aged person, like in his or her 50's, rather than a senior citizen...

Every time they do the "50's" thing, people don't like it and vote in the old guy. The only truly successful people who can prove they will always be successful are old rich guys over 70.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:21 PM

4,868 posts, read 2,021,610 times
Biden is right.

Since white people are the job creators they are also the job deniers. Just look behind Trump at who is saying send them back. The people are all lilly white.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:23 PM

5,434 posts, read 1,353,989 times
HIs comments are being pulled off Facebook pages.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:26 PM

9,532 posts, read 10,256,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Nope, the big switch is a big liberal lie(and just 1 of many).

The Democrats(racist party) founded the KKK and fought to keep slavery, not the Republicans. The Democrats racism is still strong today.

Black folks have quite a bit of experience with this kind of thing ,you might say they have sixth sense when it comes to who is a racist and who isn't. Why the far right won't trust them on this is bewildering.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:47 PM

66,876 posts, read 30,604,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Joe Biden, BTW was with those Southern Democrats & Republicans. Here he is in his own words about the civil rights act. He was against it, as he was against ending school segregation, as he was against Affirmative action.
"I do not buy the concept, popular in the 60s, which said, We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.

I dont buy that, I dont feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather.I feel responsible for what the situation is today, for the sins of my own generation. And Ill be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.

The always hypocritical left would attempt to crucify Trump if he had EVER said anything like this.
Yep. Biden in a direct quote, from WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4cf_story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or