U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:37 PM
 
9,862 posts, read 4,675,798 times
Reputation: 5552

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A person makes a terrorist threat in Missouri if he or she recklessly disregards the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

This young man caused the evacuation of a Neighborhood Market.
Did he cause it on purpose? That will be the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:45 PM
 
40,242 posts, read 24,485,710 times
Reputation: 12729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Did he cause it on purpose? That will be the question.
He recklessly caused it.

He intended to disrupt business. Because people don't run to Walmart to pick-up a gallon of milk, and dress up in military garb, throw on their body armor, grab a couple of guns and 100 rounds of ammunition just because. He intended to disrupt the business. And he accomplished his goal. Now the consequences of his actions will become clear to him.

And the charge isn't a federal charge of terrorism. This particular law is a low-level felony or a class-A misdemeanor. A competent attorney should be able to plea out for the misdemeanor since no one is hurt, and presumably this young man doesn't have an extensive record. Plus, his wife is expecting their first child. With a class-A misdemeanor, he should get a year's probation, and a fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:10 PM
 
9,862 posts, read 4,675,798 times
Reputation: 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He recklessly caused it.

He intended to disrupt business. Because people don't run to Walmart to pick-up a gallon of milk, and dress up in military garb, throw on their body armor, grab a couple of guns and 100 rounds of ammunition just because. He intended to disrupt the business. And he accomplished his goal. Now the consequences of his actions will become clear to him.

And the charge isn't a federal charge of terrorism. This particular law is a low-level felony or a class-A misdemeanor. A competent attorney should be able to plea out for the misdemeanor since no one is hurt, and presumably this young man doesn't have an extensive record. Plus, his wife is expecting their first child. With a class-A misdemeanor, he should get a year's probation, and a fine.
I live in Missouri. It is common to see men in camos open carrying in a Walmart. One local National Guard open carries in uniform a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Baker City, Oregon
3,739 posts, read 5,885,972 times
Reputation: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A person makes a terrorist threat in Missouri if he or she recklessly disregards the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

This young man caused the evacuation of a Neighborhood Market.
I looked up that Missouri statute. They should be able to get him on it. If it were me, I would accept a plea agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:49 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 1,258,506 times
Reputation: 2225
Well the only point this idiot made was the one on the top of his head. Not funny and not smart either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,612 posts, read 8,971,699 times
Reputation: 11152
He won't be convicted of any crime. Missouri is an open carry state. End of story. He was an a-hole to do what he did considering what happened in Texas HOWEVER the laws in Missouri allow open carry of any firearm. People were scared but no crime was committed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:07 PM
 
5,165 posts, read 2,265,880 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I live in Missouri. It is common to see men in camos open carrying in a Walmart. One local National Guard open carries in uniform a lot.
I live here too. All I have ever seen were pistols. Never a rifle in a store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:57 PM
 
9,862 posts, read 4,675,798 times
Reputation: 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I live here too. All I have ever seen were pistols. Never a rifle in a store.
I have a couple times. But we all know each other here, small area. He is stupid if he wanted ammo from a walmart, they are the most expensive around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:06 PM
Status: "This space for rent." (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Columbia, SC
7,499 posts, read 4,516,085 times
Reputation: 8996
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
So am I. But was this idiot actually going to shoot anyone or was he trying to cause chaos to be on tv?
I have no idea. No one does. That's why I am glad the store manager evacuated the building and the fireman caught the guy. Keep in mind the armed "shopper" left through a fire exit. So the fireman did the right thing. Apprehend the dude; ask questions later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Status: "This space for rent." (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Columbia, SC
7,499 posts, read 4,516,085 times
Reputation: 8996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have a couple times. But we all know each other here, small area. He is stupid if he wanted ammo from a walmart, they are the most expensive around.
Not to mention he was in a Neighbor Market where they pretty much only sell groceries and have a pharmacy. He is not the brightest bulb in the box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top