U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,268,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sounds like a liberal trying to make an anti-2nd amendment provocation....
You might be right...……. I'm real curious as to what this guy was up to...……..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM

17,857 posts, read 11,330,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
It was a terrible thing to do right after the two mass shootings, but what serious thing can they charge him with that will stick? Did he do anything wrong other than scare people? Do we know what his intentions were? Did he intend to shoot people, or was he just trying to get in the news?

Well, I think, just like it is illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater, this act should have some criminality attached to it. It may just have been that this is some dumb*** guy, who wanted to record people's reaction via video, maybe for YouTube, or something similar. But these are not the times to be playing games, people are on high alert.

I don't think, regardless of what his intentions were, that he will be simply scolded and released. I hope they throw the book at the idiot, regardless of his motives.

Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM

6,504 posts, read 3,633,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, I think, just like it is illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater, this act should have some criminality attached to it. It may just have been that this is some dumb*** guy, who wanted to record people's reaction via video, maybe for YouTube, or something similar. But these are not the times to be playing games, people are on high alert.

I don't think, regardless of what his intentions were, that he will be simply scolded and released. I hope they throw the book at the idiot, regardless of his motives.

Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM

46,518 posts, read 34,335,029 times
There have been several incidents, including phone threats, involving Walmart stores in the US since the sensational mass shooting.

Every sensational mass shooter inspires another and hoaxes, too.

Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM

30,012 posts, read 16,584,326 times
Does this qualify him for a "people of walmart" entry?

Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM

46,518 posts, read 34,335,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Suicide by cop? I'm not sure what else makes sense.
Someone using his contrived presence to create panic in the masses?

Hope the whack job’s identity is revealed.

Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,268,766 times
I think this is a good example of what may start happening...……….cocky guy enters a store with weapons clearly displayed like this {which is legal} and another person in the store perceives it as a threat and shoots the guy. Try and hash that out legally...……...

Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM

30,012 posts, read 16,584,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I think this is a good example of what may start happening...……….cocky guy enters a store with weapons clearly displayed like this {which is legal} and another person in the store perceives it as a threat and shoots the guy. Try and hash that out legally...……...
All walmart would need to do is ban open carry, concealed carry, body armor...
If you feel unsafe in a walmart, dont/stop shopping there. Its not complicated at all.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

2,923 posts, read 2,801,073 times
Quote:
serious question. If you were in the store and armed also...……..could you have shot this guy claiming self defense because you "felt threatened for your life" ?
Well is this walmart a gun free zone? I believe story said guns were loaded but if they were not? What were this guys motives? I question if he planned to shoot place up he would have. Looks like he was showing how easy it would still be to do. Took his life at risk to make a point if that is the case. Wheres the security walmart? Where are the police? I would think after el paso that police would be hanging in walmarts donut section 24/7.

Either way good or bad intentions.. good guy with a gun doing his civic duty.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM

124 posts, read 11,570 times
Quote:
serious question. If you were in the store and armed also...……..could you have shot this guy claiming self defense because you "felt threatened for your life" ?
Yes of course.

I bet this nut was just doing a "2nd amendment audit" but he deserved to be shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or