U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM
 
Location: SGV
25,171 posts, read 9,805,080 times
Reputation: 9812

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All walmart would need to do is ban open carry, concealed carry, body armor...
If you feel unsafe in a walmart, dont/stop shopping there. Its not complicated at all.
Private property rights are quite simple indeed.

With this crowd though? Not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,491 posts, read 39,955,454 times
Reputation: 18903
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Great example of a good guy with a gun being in the right place at the right time.
Unless the kid threatened in some manner other than simply walking around with an AK, the good guy needs to be charged with brandishing or assault. The kid had every right to open carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
9,967 posts, read 5,558,844 times
Reputation: 8455
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
It was a terrible thing to do right after the two mass shootings, but what serious thing can they charge him with that will stick? Did he do anything wrong other than scare people? Do we know what his intentions were? Did he intend to shoot people, or was he just trying to get in the news?
Never doubt the capabilities of an ambitious DA.

If the DA can lock up a trafficked person for offing the dealer, they can find a charge for anyone.

In other viewpoints, rather ironic that this happened in Springfield, the name of a famous armory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
serious question. If you were in the store and armed also...……..could you have shot this guy claiming self defense because you "felt threatened for your life" ?
I'd probably lean more to the first approach as the East German Customs Official. That is, if he doesn't have his hands on the gun, then something like, "Excuse me, Sir, but your presence is disturbing others. I don't think you should be acting like this in the store."..............and coiled to strike at point blank range with devastating blows if he does anything I find threatening.

Sound Rambo? Well, it is the way I trained quarterdeck watches, I trained myself, to have the 3 of us in positions so "they" could not see another without turning away from the one in front of them, for me to be as deadly at close range as the petty officer with the gun.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; Yesterday at 06:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM
 
125 posts, read 11,570 times
Reputation: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Unless the kid threatened in some manner other than simply walking around with an AK, the good guy needs to be charged with brandishing or assault. The kid had every right to open carry.
No absolutely not. If I were on that Jury I'd acquit him in a heart beat.

You don't have a right to provoke people. No one knows the intention of some crazy idiot walking around the store with a rifle, rounds of ammunition. Especially in this climate. If I was there, I wouldn't wait either for him to start shooting up the place to determine his true intentions. If I happen to be carrying (something I rarely do these days), I will position myself behind him and do a citizen's arrest. If he so much as flinches, he gets a bullet or two. Otherwise I call 911. Play rambo, win stupid prizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,494 posts, read 22,061,911 times
Reputation: 33877
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
It was a terrible thing to do right after the two mass shootings, but what serious thing can they charge him with that will stick? Did he do anything wrong other than scare people? Do we know what his intentions were? Did he intend to shoot people, or was he just trying to get in the news?
too bad a good guy with a gun, thinking his life was in danger, didn't shoot this putz in the head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Long Island
33,478 posts, read 14,112,441 times
Reputation: 7173
It appears he is an anti-gun activist just proving a point, they have not charged him because he didn't do anything illegal. Missouri is one of those guns anywhere states, welcome to the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
 
6,506 posts, read 3,633,793 times
Reputation: 7406
Could be charged with Disturbing the Peace; as with someone yelling "Fire" in a crowded place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM
 
39,690 posts, read 41,048,092 times
Reputation: 16416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If I happen to be carrying (something I rarely do these days), I will position myself behind him and do a citizen's arrest. If he so much as flinches, he gets a bullet or two. Otherwise I call 911. Play rambo, win stupid prizes.

If I see you walking into Wal-Mart with an obvious gun bulge is that reason enough to do the same? I'm not sure what logic dictates he is any more of a threat than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Columbia MO
1,748 posts, read 1,879,329 times
Reputation: 2090
The people of Springfield need to suck it up and stop making a fuss over a young man exercising his Constitutional right to open carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,491 posts, read 39,955,454 times
Reputation: 18903
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No absolutely not. If I were on that Jury I'd acquit him in a heart beat.

You don't have a right to provoke people. No one knows the intention of some crazy idiot walking around the store with a rifle, rounds of ammunition. Especially in this climate. If I was there, I wouldn't wait either for him to start shooting up the place to determine his true intentions. If I happen to be carrying (something I rarely do these days), I will position myself behind him and do a citizen's arrest. If he so much as flinches, he gets a bullet or two. Otherwise I call 911. Play rambo, win stupid prizes.
Maybe many people would vote to acquit, but that is jury nullification. I would at least fine the so-called good guy. We can't have citizens doing "citizen's arrests" of people who are breaking no law. If I have a right to carry, anyone who challenges me with a weapon is infringing on my rights. If someone is worried, too freakin' bad. It's my right. If we don't like the laws that allow people to carry assault weapons everywhere we should quit passing them and repeal them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top