U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
mlb

3,264 posts, read 2,893,894 times

Advertisements

They say that schizophrenia hits males between the ages of 18 and 30....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

33,478 posts, read 14,112,441 times
Guns in playgrounds are allowed in many of these states with lax gun laws why is a Walmart a problem. Very bad timing and I assume he just wanted to prove a point one way or the other but there is nothing wrong with this action in the state of Missouri.

No wonder that people in other civilized countries think we are crazy.

Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM

125 posts, read 11,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yeah, but there is no report that I have seen that he said anything. Walking around with a gun is not disturbing the peace in and of itself. People in Missouri have that right under law. What is so hard about this? And hollering Allahu akbar is not a crime anywhere, anytime. It is an expression of religious devotion and nothing more. Like a Christian yelling Praise Jesus. There is no threat implied though some people might infer one. Those people are wrong and have no more right to jump the person who said it than the vigilante fireman who pulled a gun on a guy who was doing nothing illegal.
The point was that even if something is protected by an amendment, depending on how it's used can be inferred to be done with disturbing the peace, which is a crime.

Saying Allahu Ahkbar by itself is not a crime and protected by the 1st amendment, but going on a plane and screaming it loudly over and over again, and I guarantee you that you will be hauled off that plane and charged with disturbing the peace. Think of it as yelling fire in a packed movie theatre.

What this man did was the equivalent of yelling fire in a movie theatre. Actions out of normal bounds can be implied threats. If someone walks up to my face and begins talking in a threatening manner, I just may strike him first.

I'm sorry, but someone walking around with a rifle and rounds of ammunition, in tactical gear, is an implied threat. I'm not going to sit there and wait for him to shoot me or someone first before i respond.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,268,766 times
Quote:
Depending on the circumstances that would be murder and the guy would be charged. Shooting someone is always a risky behavior. Carriers should always stick to the purpose - SELF defense and not try to be heroes.
funny thing about humans... you can never predict how any of them will react in any given situation......

30,012 posts, read 16,584,326 times
"former firefighter" (or as were often informed "former military" former police officer") because its that past govt. service that elevates conduct and crdibilty over that of a "former McDonalds cashier", "former auto tech", "former logger", " former circus juggler", "former mime" ...

Let the brainwashing continue.

5,686 posts, read 3,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
They say that schizophrenia hits males between the ages of 18 and 30....
While obviously none of us are privy to this guy's mental health issues, his posting history shows that he's an avid hunter, that he hates liberals, and that he is upset about laws designed to keep guns and ammunition out of the hands of underaged persons. So... I'm thinking it's more likely that he thinks he's a "tough guy with a gun" and not that he is schizophrenic, as the former is more prevalent in our society.

Was he planning a mass murder? Who knows? My thinking is that he thought he was making a statement and that he wanted to prove that he could do whatever he wanted. Unfortunately, his timing was way off, he incited a panic, and he was purposely intimidating people with what might be construed as threatening behavior, which is against the law in Missouri.

Quote:
No statutes in Missouri specifically prohibit the open carrying of firearms, and it specifically authorizes any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement, and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.1. No person may exhibit any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons.
I'd say that walking around with a rifle and ammunition strapped to yourself in a Walmart a few days after a deadly Walmart mass murder took place is clearly threatening behavior.

45,524 posts, read 36,616,675 times
People Of WalMart
People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 16,969,054 times
So, anyway, while everyone is pretending to be a lawyer, is no one going to commend the store manager?

Even if this kid wasn't waving around his firearms in a threatening manner, the store manager decided "better safe than sorry", and did the job to keep people safe, just in case.

Why is no one talking about that?

Not political enough to make brownie points off of?

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

5,686 posts, read 3,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So, anyway, while everyone is pretending to be a lawyer, is no one going to commend the store manager?

Even if this kid wasn't waving around his firearms in a threatening manner, the store manager decided "better safe than sorry", and did the job to keep people safe, just in case.

Why is no one talking about that?

Not political enough to make brownie points off of?
That's obvious to me... of course the person who called the authorities did the right thing. Others will disagree, I'm sure, though, and might see it as meddling with an innocent young man who was simply exercising his Constitutional rights.

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

17,861 posts, read 11,330,722 times
Quote:
Unless the kid threatened in some manner other than simply walking around with an AK, the good guy needs to be charged with brandishing or assault. The kid had every right to open carry.

Uh, body armor, armed to the teeth, looking like a terrorist in every respect........what the Hell do you think they should have done ? This isn't Bangladesh, you know. Hopefully, America hasn't sunk to that level yet !

See, that is the problem with some of these gun hugging idiots, they can not be REASONABLE with their ability to carry. It is one thing to have a 9MM discretely tucked in a holster, but it is a whole nuther animal to walk around with an AK slung over your back. These people want to rub their "freedom" to carry in everyone's face, and what they are going to do is have it backfire, and those weapons will be banned sooner or later.

The guys that do this stuff need to talk to a shrink, because I think they have some serious shrinkage going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or