U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:20 AM

3,682 posts, read 724,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes. My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize. At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry. It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

I applaud her for taking responsibility for her remarks, apologizing, and vowing to learn from the experience.

Too bad Trump never does.
They are empty apologies. She always uses the same "innocent" line about how her Jewish "friends" are educating her, and then makes additional anti-Semitic tropes. The same thing happened the summer before she was elected, when she was condemned by Jewish constituents for her anti-Jew remarks, and she trotted out the "thanks for educating me" line. Then she goes right back to "its all about the Benjamin's, baby!"

She can't help it. It's in her nature. (Reference to old fable.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:21 AM

37,488 posts, read 16,278,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...pMTjfCmp4uTlv4

Here we have Omar writing a letter to a judge pleading for leniency in the sentencing of a Somali Muslim terrorist from Minnesota who tried to join ISIS and fight against America in Syria!!!!

And she is making exucses about being caught between two worlds???? Maybe that's because she herself has divided loyalties, with many loyalties to Islam and Somalia and isn't totally assimilated into American culture by the way and sympathizes heavily with radical Islam. Same is true of Rashida Tlaib, and many of the Mexican Democrats making a scene in El Paso who maybe more loyal to the Mexican community than to the USA.
Get ready for being called a racist white nationalist because you DARED say something NEGATIVE about a non white person, which the current "fad" among the left, even though they did the same thing if you dared criticize obama, holder, lynch, rice, or any of his admin or ANY back for that matter..

Old Today, 06:23 AM

113 posts, read 7,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Get ready for being called a racist white nationalist because you DARED say something NEGATIVE about a non white person, which the current "fad" among the left, even though they did the same thing if you dared criticize obama, holder, lynch, rice, or any of his admin or ANY back for that matter..
Ilhan Omar supports them only because they share the same ethnicity. Can you imagine a White politician running interference for the Charlottesville murderer or the El Paso shooter because of the same race?

Call for censure of Ilhan Omar now.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

52,273 posts, read 42,045,329 times
Quote:
I applaud her for taking responsibility for her remarks, apologizing, and vowing to learn from the experience.
And yet here we have her asking for leniency for an ISIS supporter\member.

What? She couldn't find any KKK members to plead leniency for?

P.S. She apologized because she HAD to but still threw in a backhand deflection about AIPAC, NRA etc. Regardless, I'm curious whom the democrats are already lining up to run against her next election. (Ever heard of Cynthia McKinney?)

Old Today, 06:29 AM

28,758 posts, read 15,588,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Very poor judgment on her part.
Poor judgment?

That's like saying the Somali men used poor judgment.

This is who she is. Do people really not understand who these people are?

I understand that not all of them from that area of the world are like that - but when they show signs of who they are, and that they are part of the religion (not the race, not the nationality) that says "death to America" - they need to be dealt with, or at least under surveillance.

Old Today, 06:43 AM

21,792 posts, read 11,722,126 times
I personally think the country is done within 10 years. The decent Americans who want to salvage what is left are going to have to get a big piece of the country, take our military and technology and start over again without all the freeloaders and left wing activists.

Old Today, 06:45 AM

5,752 posts, read 1,543,776 times
Terrorists in Congress. Omar, the face of the DemoncRats.

Old Today, 06:49 AM

4,499 posts, read 2,153,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I personally think the country is done within 10 years. The decent Americans who want to salvage what is left are going to have to get a big piece of the country, take our military and technology and start over again without all the freeloaders and left wing activists.
I'm not a freeloader or a left wing activist, but I think this post stinks to high heaven.

Old Today, 06:50 AM

5,752 posts, read 1,543,776 times
Quote:
I'm not a freeloader or a left wing activist, but I think this post stinks to high heaven.
If you're not a freeloader, why in the world would you support the Democrats? Or do you?

Old Today, 06:56 AM

28,758 posts, read 15,588,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm giving it another 20-25 years.

I think you could be right - only if this high level political war gets ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies