U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 09:47 PM

7,910 posts, read 12,407,321 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sheepie2000;55893367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
And she is making exucses about being caught between two worlds???? Maybe that's because she herself has divided loyalties, with many loyalties to Islam and Somalia and isn't totally assimilated into American culture by the way and sympathizes heavily with radical Islam./QUOTE]
I don't know enough about the terrorist to comment on that part of this, but I often feel that there are some evangelical Christians who are caught between two worlds, have divided loyalties, and often have sympathies that go against our Constitution and yet they are not called out for being un-American. Why is this worse?
Radical Christian terrorists are not at war with the USA. The most a radical Christian would do in terms of violence is destroy an abortion clinic. And we've not seen Christians in Congress pleading for leniency for clinic attackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 12:06 AM

21,806 posts, read 11,740,525 times
How is wearing that stupid burka thing on her head not a violation of separation of church and state when she is serving in the US Congress?

The nation she came from failed forcing women to wear those things. What will happen if we allow it to fester here?

Old 08-10-2019, 12:31 AM

284 posts, read 48,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes. My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize. At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry. It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

I applaud her for taking responsibility for her remarks, apologizing, and vowing to learn from the experience.

Too bad Trump never does.
I don't know about taking responsibility and learning from her experience - she has had to apologize before for anti-semitic remarks several times and does a double down with the sentence following the apology (in bold) - AIPAC is American-Israel Public Affairs Committee that advocates for a strong relationship between the United States of America and Israel.

Last edited by ddeemo; 08-10-2019 at 12:54 AM..

Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 AM

6,610 posts, read 12,768,172 times
Ahhhh, finally more Ilhan hatred! I was wondering where all the haters went. You were missed. Glad to have you all back.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 AM

5,011 posts, read 987,382 times
If it was Trump pleading for White supremacists, chances are the story will be bigger. Because it is Illhan, some major MSM sources here might not address it.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:33 AM

284 posts, read 48,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Ahhhh, finally more Ilhan hatred! I was wondering where all the haters went. You were missed. Glad to have you all back.
By Webster definition, hatred is extreme dislike or disgust - I think more than a few are disgusted by her anti-Semitic comments and her plead for leniency for a terrorist. I guess it fits, glad you support it.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:15 AM

6,544 posts, read 3,408,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. But liberals rush in to defend her, especially if a Jew calls her out on her antisemitic remarks.

It's truly amazing....no matter what horrendous act a Muslim does, a Jew is not allowed to complain about it. For example, a Muslim pushed an elderly Jewish woman out of a window to her death, and I very carefully avoided saying that a Muslim did it. The liberals I was talking to agreed how horrific that was, and then one of them said it shows how awful the white supremacists are - pushing a Jew out a window. I then corrected her, saying that in this case, it was a Muslim who did it, and you should have seen the liberals turn on me: ah-ha, they said, you don't care about Jews, you just want to complain about Muslims!

So, IOW, it's OK to bring up horrific acts of anti-semitism as long as a white supremacist is to blame (because that will help Dems win the election). If a Muslim is to blame, I need to keep my mouth shut or the Dems will turn around and make ME more of a villain than the Muslim who murdered a Jew!
This ^^^^
I see this all the time, and it’s shocking no one stands up to it......
Many in the Islamic religion oppress/abuse women, kill and torture homosexuals, forbid free press, advocate for the total annihilation of Israel and Jews, etc etc etc
yet democrats see THEM as victims and their allies.....

Old 08-10-2019, 07:07 AM

33,494 posts, read 20,299,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And yet here we have her asking for leniency for an ISIS supporter\member.

What? She couldn't find any KKK members to plead leniency for?

P.S. She apologized because she HAD to but still threw in a backhand deflection about AIPAC, NRA etc. Regardless, I'm curious whom the democrats are already lining up to run against her next election. (Ever heard of Cynthia McKinney?)
yep. totally agree with this!

Old 08-10-2019, 07:08 AM

33,494 posts, read 20,299,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. But liberals rush in to defend her, especially if a Jew calls her out on her antisemitic remarks.

It's truly amazing....no matter what horrendous act a Muslim does, a Jew is not allowed to complain about it. For example, a Muslim pushed an elderly Jewish woman out of a window to her death, and I very carefully avoided saying that a Muslim did it. The liberals I was talking to agreed how horrific that was, and then one of them said it shows how awful the white supremacists are - pushing a Jew out a window. I then corrected her, saying that in this case, it was a Muslim who did it, and you should have seen the liberals turn on me: ah-ha, they said, you don't care about Jews, you just want to complain about Muslims!

So, IOW, it's OK to bring up horrific acts of anti-semitism as long as a white supremacist is to blame (because that will help Dems win the election). If a Muslim is to blame, I need to keep my mouth shut or the Dems will turn around and make ME more of a villain than the Muslim who murdered a Jew!
yep! well said!

Feels like in this country, certain groups are just untouchable.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:10 AM

14,521 posts, read 8,006,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
A lot of white people enjoy being sadistic is the only explanation. I thought at first her district was one of those majority-minority districts but it turns out it's 67% White -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...ional_district

Only white people will vote against our own interests like this. Imagine black people voting for David Duke.

Minorities know at least to vote for their own interests. I bet all the Somalis in her district voted for her. But it's these goofy white progressives - usually students and highly educated ivory tower elitists that seem to love being slapped in the face.
That's an interesting theory but look what we have in the White House. A plutocrat with cronyism, nepotism, corrupt intentions focused on helping his wealthy friends vs Joe average. You're right. People are stupid, uninformed rubes willing to vote with emotion vs knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies