U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is responsible for your safety?
The government 4 7.14%
The police 2 3.57%
The politicians 0 0%
Other gun owners 0 0%
I don’t know but not me. 1 1.79%
I am responsible for the safety of my family and myself. 49 87.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:37 AM

3,805 posts, read 2,506,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why do you fear that?
It's not fear - - it's annoyance. Like any time somebody is being illogical constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:37 AM

67,040 posts, read 34,082,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So you're for restricting those people from having guns? If so, we have no argument. But a background check and a wait for a couple of days is how that's happening right now.
Where did I say that?
I'll give you a second chance at reading comprehension.
Quote:
f you walk freely in society, you as a human have every right to defend yourself how you see fit, including the right to bear arms.
Blame the dumb ass that let them free. There is your threat to society in the future.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Same logic, if we pass a comprehensive ban, they would still have guns.

My point is that background check is stupid. Those people need to be in prison or hospital.
I'm for that.

Quote:
And yet they get them.
Funny how Freedom and Liberty works.
One day you will get it. Will it be too late?

300 posts, read 48,239 times
Quote:
Before you answer, please note that the courts have ruled repeatedly that government or police has no duty to protect any individuals.

“fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/k...rotection.html
The police are only there to assign blame and take reports of the incident.

Old Today, 11:42 AM

Quote:
It's not fear - - it's annoyance. Like any time somebody is being illogical constantly.
Ignorance always breeds fear. Why you so scared of people that don't have to call the police?

Old Today, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ignorance always breeds fear. Why you so scared of my gun?
You're asking me about my reading comprehension and here I've told you four or five times that I'm not scared of your gun.

Old Today, 11:45 AM

1,063 posts, read 228,117 times
A primary goal of a civilization should be the safety of its members. A proper government is the institutionalization of a civilization's goals. If a people are dying out then their government has failed. That doesn't mean though that the government must save every last member in order to succeed. At times it is a numbers game of reducing the attrition rates; the greatest good for the greatest number.

Old Today, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I know you are. You love it.

What about the part of my mind that can (well, in my younger days) break into any residence regardless of home security measures? It was my job but I could have used the knowledge for nefarious activities.

Do we scrub my brain? I can't talk to others? I'm not allowed to own certain things because of my knowledge base?
You'd go to jail. Or is that something else that you don't believe in?

Old Today, 11:49 AM

159 posts, read 51,209 times
Quote:
Before you answer, please note that the courts have ruled repeatedly that government or police has no duty to protect any individuals.

“fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/k...rotection.html
You are correct with regards to law enforcement, but the federal govt. is different. "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies