U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:48 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,519,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
They are using this as an excuse to get out of selling games instore. If it wasn't for holiday traffic I think they would have stopped 1-2 years ago.
They not stopping the sale of video games or movies. They're just not displaying them like they used to or showing them in store.
Quote:
Weve taken this action out of respect for the incidents of the past week, and it does not reflect a long-term change in our video game assortment, a company spokesperson told The Verge. We are focused on assisting our associates and their families, as well as supporting the community, as we continue a thoughtful and thorough review of our policies.

One thing they are doing is to
pping the demo of some games and movies that have gun shots in them. A Walmart was shot up last week and another had an armed man in body armor walk through the store. It seems like common sense for Walmart to do this.

Walmart denies report that its taking violent video games off shelves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:20 AM

4,504 posts, read 1,390,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Will they be pulling DVD movies too?

I watched a doozy the other night that really got me thinking about how twisted the Left is.

Hollywood is run by Liberals and many actors are anti gun Democrats so why do they keep making violent movies that feature guns and murder?

The movie I saw was called "Peppermint" and it featured Jennifer Garner as a mom that lost her husband and child to cartel violence. The ruthless gang was made up of very stereotypical Mexicans and she mowed through them with guns blazing in a blood splattered tempest of vigilante justice with close up views of the bad guys being shot in the head and face.

Peppermint gave John Wick a run for his body count tally..

I wonder if Walmart in the is feel good motion will also remove violent DVD's ?

They make them because people watch them. If people didn't watch them, there would be no point in making them.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

9,756 posts, read 2,396,770 times
Walmart to pull violent video game signs, still sell guns

One toy or the other ...

Old Today, 10:29 AM

3,268 posts, read 1,625,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
News flash - Most stores have traditionally sold guns throughout our countries history, yet we rarely had a mass shooting.
Violent video games are a newer phenomenon within the last 30 years, and now we are having a lot more mass shootings.

Love or hate guns, this is not a gun problem as there has always been access to them.
Instead it is a cultural, morals, and parenting problem. Allowing kids to be babysat by watching violent TV and play gratuitously violent video games contributes to our moral decay.
Also not getting kids and adults with mental illness treatment and having them flagged as people who should be prohibited (at least until receiving treatment and getting better) from buying guns should be in place.

Actually I think its not so much the fault of the video game itself its the fact that the isolation of the children/young adults playing the games without interaction with their peers is creating a whole new problem in society. Not being able to cope with the real world for a small number of young adults that carries over to bad behavior. Be it drugs to try to cope with the real world or even mass shooting to escape.

Old Today, 10:46 AM

11,184 posts, read 4,931,718 times
I always laugh when people blame video games when other countries are WAY more into violent video games, yet are some of the safest countries on the planet in terms of violent crime.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

11,184 posts, read 4,931,718 times
Anyway, the US is weird with how standard television happily depicts constant violence (sometimes stomach-churningly gruesome), but if you show a nipple, oh my! Break out the smelling salts!

Old Today, 10:55 AM

31,671 posts, read 19,775,087 times
I don't feel safe shopping in a Walmart anymore. I was talking with several people I work with and they all said they looked around for places to hide or exit while shopping in case they needed to.

Old Today, 11:03 AM

37,550 posts, read 16,286,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"A company memo that circulated on Twitter this week tells employees to immediately remove signs and displays that reference violence, including video game demos, movies that depict violence and hunting videos."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/w...ideo-game-guns

Not clear on whether they are only removing signs depicting violent imagery, or actual violent video games.

Edit: apparently they still sell everything they sold before, it's just that they are not putting up displays of violent video games or playing violent movies/shows on their TVs.
Cars kill MORE then guns, should all dealers pull them after a car death?

We would NEVER be able to a car if they did.

Old Today, 04:14 PM

202 posts, read 25,273 times
video games dont kill people.
Guns dont kill people.

People kill people.

Old Today, 04:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 970,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I always laugh when people blame video games when other countries are WAY more into violent video games, yet are some of the safest countries on the planet in terms of violent crime.
And some countries have very small numbers of "video games", yet high amounts of actual violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies