U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM

8,105 posts, read 4,137,554 times

Advertisements

Rush Limbaugh had a good line yesterday regarding Democrat's bringing back the Michael Brown race hoax.

"A young teenager was walking down the street in Missouri pondering his first year at college after having robbed a convenience store."

Old 08-10-2019, 07:50 PM

406 posts, read 124,598 times
CNN was so responsible for what happened there. I remember watching the reporting and originally thinking that the officer was completely at fault. The reports especially continually showing the footage of his friend doing the "hands up don't shoot" was very provocative. Then as it was investigated and proved the officer was acting in self defense, CNN spent almost no time clearing the air and reducing the tension. I remember them showing that hands up don't shoot video about every 10 minutes for days. When it came out that his friend had run and not seen anything and that his report was bogus I saw CNN mentioned it a few times then nothing.

Perhaps News media should be required that when a story is proved false they need to spend an equal time on the falsehood of that story that they did on promoting it. Perhaps then they would actually do some real investigations before igniting people's emotions.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:57 PM

34,049 posts, read 42,445,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Okay, no, Eric Garner was selling cigarettes in NYC and they put him in a choke hold. He said 11 times he couldn't breathe.

You're thinking of Freddie Gray.
The thing was, for most of those 11 times no officer was even touching him. He was having a heart attack and he didn't know it and no one recognized it.

Yes, shortness of breath is a symptom of a cardiac event in progress.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:38 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,145,829 times
Do you get it yet, working-class-rust-belt-union-fools? Is it finally sinking in? Will you quit voting Democrat, for Christ's sake (even though it's what your daddy and your granddaddy done)?

I mean, how much worse can it get?

Old 08-10-2019, 09:07 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,800,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Looks like I was mistaken. But Brown was still the violent criminal here
So you should probably go back edit your original post, remove the falsehood you posted, so you donít look as bad as bad as Warren, no?

Old 08-10-2019, 09:46 PM

12 posts, read 831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The thing was, for most of those 11 times no officer was even touching him. He was having a heart attack and he didn't know it and no one recognized it.

Yes, shortness of breath is a symptom of a cardiac event in progress.
No. The Medical Examiner is quite specific.

htthttps://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/1...ehold.htmlp://

Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM

4,995 posts, read 983,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Yeah, that was pretty loathsome.
I suppose a mom's love for her kid(s) sometimes can have the mom deny saying "Yes! My kid did a horrible thing! They were not acting responsibly! However, I still loved them!" wheres Mom might pull the "They were a sweet, kind, and gentle angel!"-type card.

Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM

30,816 posts, read 33,659,608 times
How can I work up a mighty outrage over things I care nothing about? There are many things I could get upset about but Warren doesn't seem to be aware of those things.

Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM

7,853 posts, read 2,510,404 times
The link is not working but I agree overall OP. While Brown didn’t rob the store at gunpoint, the way he picked up and flung the store owner, I don’t doubt that he charged that officer. That’s why he was shot. I would have done the same. There’s no way in hell that I would protest for someone terrorizes the community. His type would have died by the gun somehow anyway.

Old Yesterday, 03:06 AM

7,853 posts, read 2,510,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
That makes sense. I was wondering why Warren didnt also wail about saint Trayvon Martin.
Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin were two different situations. Brown was a thug who got killed for that reason. Martin was killed by a thug and that thug still lives that life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or