U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:53 AM

67,069 posts, read 34,105,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What are the chances that this Black GOP'er at sometime said that Black Democrats need to "get off the plantation?"
That equals and justifies being referred to as a "Coon" as a Black man with ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:54 AM

11,029 posts, read 4,109,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Most on this board would call out any individual that uses that language and you know it. So we have this straight - is this the individual that made the comment as there is very little about this person on the net - District Court Judge Candidate, Dawn Elliott, Urges Louisvillians To Turn Over The Ballot | UrbanMaxx Magazine

She's black so she can use the word coon and that's OK - but if a white were to say that - you'd be jumping all over them - doesn't matter their political affiliation.

If blacks don't want to be stigmatized in society than they better quit using the words that they themselves use to determine who is racist. I'm sick of the double standards when it comes to the verbiage that can be thrown around in the black community - but isn't tolerated if anyone other than a black person uses it.
It is just as racist when a black person says it. Only a racist thinks that people are exempt from being racists, based on their race. That is a fundamentally racist idea.

Old Today, 09:55 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 5 days ago)

12,052 posts, read 6,417,903 times
Black leftists are some of the most racist people I've met. And I write this as a black constitutional conservative.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

23,501 posts, read 11,639,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Black leftists are some of the most racist people I've met. And I write this as a black constitutional conservative.
Black conservatives are some of the most racist people I've met. And I write this as a black constitutional liberal.

Old Today, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Got a quote? Or are you just making that up?
Your own link says the GOP in Kentucky has that mentality believing that black people who vote for Democrats cant think for themselves.

Old Today, 10:05 AM

11,029 posts, read 4,109,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your own link says the GOP in Kentucky has that mentality believing that black people who vote for Democrats cant think for themselves.
Again, do you have a quote, or are you just making that up?

Old Today, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Most on this board would call out any individual that uses that language and you know it.
No they wouldnt. This very thread was started with that quote in it and no one called it out but me. Conservatives make threads like this all the time and no one says anything.

I get you want to protect your side, but the very thread you are in is an example to the contrary of what you claim.

Old Today, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Again, do you have a quote, or are you just making that up?
Yes, I made a post about it on the first page, the quote was in your OP.

Old Today, 10:11 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 5 days ago)

12,052 posts, read 6,417,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Black conservatives are some of the most racist people I've met. And I write this as a black constitutional liberal.
Care to provide examples? Here we have this case right here. We also have Symone Sanders telling her CNN audience that we "don't need white people leading the Democratic party." The racist terms "uncle tom" and "hankerchief head" and "race sell out" in the context of black racial politics is used nearly exclusively by black leftists against black conservatives because we dare to vote or think a different way "rolleyes". Black leftists support candidates and policies who are against education reform in order to protect teachers unions, but such a failure to reform has resulted in countless black children being forced to attend failing schools.

The list goes on and on and on.

I know you felt you had to make that comeback, but really there is no comparison.

Old Today, 10:13 AM

12,740 posts, read 10,040,161 times
Quote:
Just read up on this guy and besides being good looking - he has brains too. If I lived in Kentucky I'd vote for him. It's too bad that everything has to be about race and not beliefs!
What if one of your beliefs is that black and Hispanic people continue to be treated wildy unfairly? Then can it be about race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or