U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:39 AM
 
10,229 posts, read 12,046,946 times
Reputation: 6572

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So strange. The racism-obsessed liberals don't have a word to say about this.
That's because they KNOW their "hoax" of saying Trump is a racist doesn't apply here. They are "selectively" pointing fingers at people they hate, like Donald Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: DMV Area/NYC/Honolulu
12,191 posts, read 6,444,107 times
Reputation: 11906
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yea, we are confusing each other here so let me try and clarify since the way you worded your post is just making this worse.

1. OP says GOP(party), but some posters are going by ideology rather than party, so thats what i discussed. Because its far more accurate to discuss ideology than party ID.

2. liberal is absolutely an ideology, and most black people dont identify as such.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...views-liberal/

3. I understand there is a difference between what someone identifies as, vs what they actually are. Black people fall into the category of Being Democrats by identification, but not actually being liberal by ideology.



Again I disagree. I think we place people into political boxes until they do something we really like or dont like. Black people being the best example. When conservatives want to court black people. they always say "you are conservative and agree with us more than Democrats" but anytime a black person commits a crime, they blame it on that persons' "liberalism", which as I already explained, that person probably isnt liberal at all

the conservative black guys who beat up a gay person dont get labeled as Conservative, even though thats exactly what they are. We just dont link those type of things to political violence or separate skin color and reprieved ideology., we just label those people crazy and move on.

I mean a guy in Texas just killed 22 people........

To be clear, im not even arguing that we should label bad people by ideology. Im more or less saying dont exclude people to make your numbers look better or treat all cases the same.

Same goes for COnservatives overall who use passive aggressive language to attack black people who vote for Democrats.
Whether blacks tend to self identity as liberal is ultimately betrayed by their actions (and actions speak far louder than words), when they vote for leftists/progressives to represent them time and time again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,313 posts, read 10,261,581 times
Reputation: 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I've been exposing the "tolerance" line from leftists for the lie that it is for decades now. Leftists are only tolerant of those who think like them. For all others, they will "shut it down" and openly "resist." Well, at least modern day leftists. I have no problem with leftists of old.
It took me much longer to catch up, perhaps because my experiences are different due to race.

It's no longer enough to even be of the same party. If you're not as far left as the loons are, you're hearing about.

I want nothing to do with those crazies. They need help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,653,537 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Thing is you don't have to use personal anecdotes to see this imbalance; there's a reason why I generally did not rely on personal anecdotes when giving my examples in my response to you . . . everyone has their stories. We see it plain as day in the media, and the lopsidedness is clear as day. As is the hypocrisy in the lack of condemnation over things said by certain people vs. by other people.
you choose the media you consume, so you choose which side you listen to and what stories you believe. So you are listening to anecdotes either way. you are purposefully ignoring examples from the other side because of that.

Even this thread is an example of that were the OP was fine with defining black people who are left of center as stupid and not able to think for themselves. You glossed over that as you do in every thread where a conservative does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,653,537 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Whether blacks tend to self identity as liberal is ultimately betrayed by their actions (and actions speak far louder than words), when they vote for leftists/progressives to represent them time and time again.
Except they dont vote for leftist progressives. The most conservative members of congress tend to be the members of the black caucus who represent majority black districts. Even you have called them out on that.

calling them leftist or progressive seems to only happen when it suits you, not the reality of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,653,537 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
False, but keep living that illusion. You seem to enjoy the victim status it accords you.
You seem to call it victim status only when you dont want to hear it, other wise, its just telling the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:34 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,826 posts, read 10,732,742 times
Reputation: 20095
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I have never heard of a black conservative who didn't say that ,have you?
Me. Go ahead and look, you’ll not find it.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,653,537 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Awww, thanks! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day!!!

I disagree with #1 - I think it's cleaner to discuss party affiliation
I disagree for a number of reasons. For example, there are some people on this site who are "Reagan Democrats" who havent voted for a Democrat in 30 years.

Quote:
because we don't really know the ideology of people posting here. Just because I'm a moderate Dem doesn't mean I'm against a lot of social programs that liberals support, but at the same time, I believe in laws and want to plug the endless flow of illegals so we can take care of Americans.
You can figure out someone' ideology by reading their posts. Party ID is far to broad , especially when ideology is the thing you actually need to discuss.

Quote:
I think ideology is often tied to culture. Hispanics are culturally conservative and are pro-life, but the social justice aspect has them voting more often for Democrats. The more conservative culture of black people means you may not find them completely accepting of gay people. That doesn't mean they will change their voting habits.
this is a prime example of why Ideology matters more than party ID when discussion peoples individual actions.

Quote:
I think people being targeted is based on different things. Black guys beating up a transgendered woman is no different than a redneck beating up a transgendered woman. It's not based on politics - it's based on culture. Neither culture is all that accepting of transgendered people.
Im fine with this argument i guess, but still means labeling them conservative rather than trying to claim they are part of the left as the right does.

Quote:
When I talk about the attacks of liberals, I'm discounting the above. Spitting at people, removing hats, beating people up, this is all about politics, and there are far more cases of that coming from liberals than from people on the right towards liberals. I don't know how you can deny that.
But you shouldnt discount it, and thats my point. Because when you do, you mentally make the numbers lopsided and somehow think its the left throwing milkshakes on people, but forgetting their are conservatives shooting people in wal mart.



Quote:
As a liberal, you don't want those people to stop this nonsense?
of course, I do. But im not going to sit by and allow conservative to even pretend their side is better or allow them to just let people slide with the label of "crazy".

Either claim the conservatives, or label everyone as crazy, but you cant have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:47 AM
 
11,068 posts, read 4,122,528 times
Reputation: 5343
edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,653,537 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Me. Go ahead and look, you’ll not find it.
Its really not that hard to find black conservatives degrading other black people and making that plantation comment.

i mean, just got to twitter and type in plantation.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-b...on-celebrities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top