U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 10:51 AM

23,519 posts, read 11,653,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is a lie. I never said that. You said that.
You quoted it, and clearly support the quote. are you pretending your OP doesnt exist now or that you didnt read your own link before you quoted it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 10:54 AM

11,065 posts, read 4,122,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you choose the media you consume, so you choose which side you listen to and what stories you believe. So you are listening to anecdotes either way. you are purposefully ignoring examples from the other side because of that.

Even this thread is an example of that were the OP was fine with defining black people who are left of center as stupid and not able to think for themselves. You glossed over that as you do in every thread where a conservative does it.
That is a lie. I never said that. You said that.

To be fair, it does appear that many lower income inner-city people - regardless of their skin tones - are voting without very much consideration for what the Democrats have actually done for them or to them over the last 50 years, which is somewhere between not very much and actually making their lot significantly worse than it could have been or should have been.

The spectacularly corrupt and aggressively partisan, agenda driven Democrat left controlled mass media is obviously largely to be credited for the misinformation and propaganda that these people are constantly pounded with.

But at the end of the day, they are capable of evaluating their circumstances for themselves and making choices to make changes and go in different ways if they choose to. The information is available and it is not really that hard to access, for someone who is interested and open minded enough to search for it and to consider it objectively.

Sadly, many of these people have consistently decided to do the same things, the same ways, and just hold out hope that this will somehow start resulting in different outcomes. It has not and it will not. I hope that finally as we approach this next election cycle that many more of these people will come to their senses.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

To be fair, it does appear that many lower income inner-city people - regardless of their skin tones - are voting without very much consideration for what the Democrats have actually done for them or to them over the last 50 years, which is somewhere between not very much and actually making their lot significantly worse than it could have been or should have been.
All black people do not live in Detroit, or Chicago. You fully understand this right ? There are more black people in the black belt of Georgia than the entire state of Illinois.

An equal number of black people in the black belt of Alabama as the entire State of Michigan

How you vote, is not the same as who wins. And Republican control isnt better for black people, its worse.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 AM

21,313 posts, read 10,261,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I disagree for a number of reasons. For example, there are some people on this site who are "Reagan Democrats" who havent voted for a Democrat in 30 years.

You can figure out someone' ideology by reading their posts. Party ID is far to broad , especially when ideology is the thing you actually need to discuss.

this is a prime example of why Ideology matters more than party ID when discussion peoples individual actions.

Im fine with this argument i guess, but still means labeling them conservative rather than trying to claim they are part of the left as the right does.

But you shouldnt discount it, and thats my point. Because when you do, you mentally make the numbers lopsided and somehow think its the left throwing milkshakes on people, but forgetting their are conservatives shooting people in wal mart.

of course, I do. But im not going to sit by and allow conservative to even pretend their side is better or allow them to just let people slide with the label of "crazy".

Either claim the conservatives, or label everyone as crazy, but you cant have it both ways.

I'm at the airport and don't have time to say much more than a resounding NO. We're not talking about nuts going into Walmart shooting people up - we're talking about a group of liberals who cannot control themselves when it comes to a difference of opinion.

You want to include mass murderers in the discussion then you better include the black Democrats killing one another every day in major cities. You failed to mention them for some reason.

Still think we should lump them all together? I do not.

The topic of the thread is political intolerance and political assault - no other violence should be included in the discussion.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm at the airport and don't have time to say much more than a resounding NO. We're not talking about nuts going into Walmart shooting people up - we're talking about a group of liberals who cannot control themselves when it comes to a difference of opinion.
we absolutely are talking about those nuts, they just take it so far that you remove them from the conversation and put them in their own category, but that simply shows these are levels.

Quote:
You want to include mass murderers in the discussion then you better include the black Democrats killing one another every day in major cities. You failed to mention them for some reason.
prove they are Democrats and we can have that discussion. gangbangers tend to not have a political party, but are conservative in ideology. So no, i didnt fail to mention them, my point was they arent democrats/liberals and only get labeled so because of skin color.

Quote:
Still think we should lump them all together? I do not.
yes, either they are all crazy, or all need to be sorted into an ideology. you cant only half do that.

Old Today, 03:12 PM

11,065 posts, read 4,122,528 times
Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) asks why the Democrats have not come out to condemn the racist attack against Republican AG Candidate Daniel Cameron (R-KY).

Quote:
Tim Scott: Why Haven't 2020 Dems Spoken Out About That Racial Slur Against a KY Republican?

The incident demanded a response from some Democratic Party leaders, and yet all we're hearing is "crickets," Sen. Scott observed. "You’ve not heard a single Democrat presidential candidate speak out even an iota against these absolute vile comments about Daniel Cameron," Scott said on Fox News on Monday.

Great question.

Obviously, the answer is that they are not opposed to racism, but in favor of it, as demonstrated by their support of its usage against their political adversaries.

Old Today, 03:59 PM

9,534 posts, read 10,260,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Me. Go ahead and look, you’ll not find it.
There is no honor in being the only black conservative who has not told black democrats to get off the plantation. Just like his others in his party he allows someones else says it for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or