U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a white supremacist?
Yes. Donald Trump is a white supremacist. 64 27.00%
No. Donald Trump is not a white supremacist. 173 73.00%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 11:22 AM

8,403 posts, read 2,497,309 times

Advertisements

No, that wasn't a list of white supremacist organizations. Nor was it list of extremist organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 11:31 AM

14,871 posts, read 9,215,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, that wasn't a list of white supremacist organizations. Nor was it list of extremist organizations.
Soo this group isn’t what you would call extremists? it’s scary that you think they are not extremists.
Different strokes I guess..

Aryan Brotherhood of Texas is one of the largest and most violent white supremacist prison gangs in the United States, responsible for murders and other violent crimes.

Or this group.

Aryan Nations, is a white supremacist neo-Nazi organization founded in the 1970s by Richard Girnt Butler as an arm of the Christian Identity group known as the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has called Aryan Nations a “terrorist threat”, and the RAND Corporation has called it the “first truly nationwide terrorist network” in the US.

Here Is a List of White Supremacist Extremist Organizations in America |

Old 08-10-2019, 11:38 AM

12,589 posts, read 3,947,845 times
"white supremacist prison gang" lol. That's really grasping for straws. What next, white supremacist in nursing homes threatening the nation? I'm no expert but I think all prison gangs are composed mostly of the same ethnic group, since diversity never works anywhere. So anytime some whites do the same thing everyone else does, it's white supremacy?

Old 08-10-2019, 11:45 AM

8,403 posts, read 2,497,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Soo this group isn’t what you would call extremists? it’s scary that you think they are not extremists.
Different strokes I guess..

Aryan Brotherhood of Texas is one of the largest and most violent white supremacist prison gangs in the United States, responsible for murders and other violent crimes.

Or this group.

Aryan Nations, is a white supremacist neo-Nazi organization founded in the 1970s by Richard Girnt Butler as an arm of the Christian Identity group known as the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has called Aryan Nations a “terrorist threat”, and the RAND Corporation has called it the “first truly nationwide terrorist network” in the US.

I didn't say none of the groups were "extremist". The point is that most of the organizations aren't extremist or white supremacist, and some of them aren't even organizations.

As for your two examples, I don't see how a prison gang can be called extremist in the sense you're using it (largely for the reasons mtl1 pointed out), and I don't believe Aryan Nations still exists.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:50 AM

4,370 posts, read 1,891,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Indeed.

If there was only ONE person who was a white supremacist it would be one to many.
That list includes "National Association for the Advancement of White People". So if this is a "white supremacist extremist" organization, does that make the NAACP a black supremacist extremist organization?

Old 08-10-2019, 12:06 PM

White person does XYZ=white supremacism, spreading hate.

Non-white person or white liberal does XYZ=equality, standing up to hate.

The democrats real definition of white supremacy-being conservative, being white.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:20 PM

14,871 posts, read 9,215,553 times
Quote:
The title states otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
"white supremacist prison gang" lol. That's really grasping for straws. What next, white supremacist in nursing homes threatening the nation? I'm no expert but I think all prison gangs are composed mostly of the same ethnic group, since diversity never works anywhere. So anytime some whites do the same thing everyone else does, it's white supremacy?
Um yeah ever heard the term prison gangs. You would be foolish to think they don’t have influence in the outside world.

Quote:
I didn't say none of the groups were "extremist". The point is that most of the organizations aren't extremist or white supremacist, and some of them aren't even organizations.

As for your two examples, I don't see how a prison gang can be called extremist in the sense you're using it (largely for the reasons mtl1 pointed out), and I don't believe Aryan Nations still exists.
They don’t?

https://www.amfirstbooks.com/IntroPa...n_Nations.html

https://www.sadisticsoulsmc.org/

Old 08-10-2019, 12:26 PM

28 posts, read 4,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
white supremacist: a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

I think he is. It's just my opinion. It's not the kind of thing one can prove.

What is your opinion?
No. I despise him personally but let's see

Dated black women
Daughter is married to a Jewish man,has Jewish children
Wants the MOST legal immigration ever 90% I guarantee WON'T be from Europe,Australia etc

Old 08-10-2019, 12:34 PM

12,305 posts, read 3,329,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump said this at a later press conference. Biden was correct. Trump said there were very fine people on both sides. Trump is on tape saying this.
^^^^^ Some of what you posted is correct, and some of it isn't but, to be fair to you, everyone else who has attempted to illustrate specifically what Trump said and when he said it (which = only some of the people on the thread) have either posted things that were completely wrong, or...like you...some things right, and some wrong.

Trump deserves a lot of condemnation for what he didn't say in his initial remarks, and he was rightly condemned re that.

Tapper was correct in calling Biden out.

Biden was correct that Trump said there were very fine people on both sides, but when Biden said that, he left out that (as both dashrendar and Jake Tapper pointed out) at the same presser on 8/15, that Trump condemned white supremacists, etc. during that press conference.

Not only did Biden leave that out, he also tried to make it seem as though what he was quoting = from Trump's initial remarks (which wrongly failed to condemn any specific group or ideology), rather than the actual third set of remarks, which was the 8/15 press conference.

This is borne out by Biden's campaign announcement video between 1:07 and 1:25 that included "and a brave young woman lost her life, and that's when we heard"....and he then goes into the 8/15 very fine people quote.

No Joe, it's 'that's when we heard Trump's initial remarks (that day, 8/12), and then we heard another set of remarks (about 5 minutes) two days later, and then a day after that a third set of remarks that you are quoting from.

Heather Heyer died on August 12, 2017 (a Saturday)

By the end of August 15th, 2017, Trump had made remarks on three separate occasions re Charlottesville:

1. His initial remarks on August 12th, made from his golf club in Bedminster, NJ. This was to be a small prescheduled press conference re veterans issues.

2. His second set of remarks, made from the White House on August 14th.

3. His third set of remarks, made on August 15th (the press conference that people on this thread are referring to as the press conference, or the later press conference) at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

I don't think a video exists (at least I couldn't find one) of his initial remarks on August 12th, but Vox published a transcript, and Politifact published a transcript, and I read both.

I also watched the YouTube videos of Trump's second remarks, the White House remarks, re Charlottesville from 8/14/2017....and I both watched the YouTube video of the 8/15/2017 press conference at Trump Tower and read a transcript of it.

I also watched both Biden's campaign announcement video, and Jake Tapper's clip addressing what Biden was claiming.

***** Re Trump's initial 8/12 statement (from NJ) :

Of the first 9 sentences, 8 of them were about veterans, and one of them (sentence 5) mentioned that he would remark about Charlottesville. Sentence 8 and sentence 9 each refer to 'good people'.

Sentence 10 starts with the word 'But' and he then changes the subject to Charlottesville. In their transcript, Vox puts sentences 8 and 9 (that mention good people) in the same paragraph with Sentence 10, and what follows about Charlottesville (, .....not).

Politico did not do that. In Politico's transcript (the same words), sentences 8 and 9 are the last two sentences of the first paragraph, and Sentence 10 (that starts with the word 'but') is the first sentence of the second paragraph. The first paragraph is about veterans, and the second paragraph is about Charlottesville.

Even if you run it all together into one paragraph, it is obvious the the good people reference is to veterans.

The 'very fine' and 'both' verbiage are not use in the 8/12 statement, only the 8/15 statement.

The middle of paragraph two is mainly two things.....One, it is very clumsily worded. Given the subject matter, using the word many (as in 'many sides') makes little sense, especially using it twice. IMO, on 8/13, CNN's Chris Cillizza muddied this even more by correctly quoting that Trump said many, and then in his article from that date, using the word both (which Trump hadn't uttered) instead through the rest of his article. I think Trump may think that using many goes along with the theme of a string of/problem with violence that predates Obama's Presidency. The problem with that is that he starts that off with 'this egregious display' which is a specific reference to Charlottesville. IMO, he's clumsily and muddily trying to discuss a specific event and a long term issue at the same time.....Two, the middle of this paragraph stands out for what is left out. What it didn't say. Trump received scathing criticism (deserved, IMO) for what it didn't say. That he failed to specifically condemn any specific group (white supremacists, neo Nazis, etc.]. Only Trump truly knows why he failed to do that. Given his failure on that, whatever the reason, I think it gives people carte blanche to condemn that failure.

***** Re Trump's second statement, on 8/14 (from the White House) :

He said he wanted to give an update, and he provided new information. He said that he had met with FBI Director Wray and then AG Sessions and was having a civil rights investigation opened to look into Charlottesville.

He also specifically condemned white supremacists, the KKK, neo Nazis, and "other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans" (I imagine his handlers had probably been chewing his ear off re leaving that out of his 8/12 remarks).

***** Re Trump's third statement, on 8/15 (the press conference from Trump Tower):

This statement/press conference has already been mentioned by a number of posters in this thread.

Some of those people have used it to claim that Trump denounced white supremacists, and equally hateful groups, by name initially.

All of this happened two years ago, so perhaps some people don't remember that that isn't the case. That there were two prior statements on two other days, and they only remember this third set of remarks, this second time he denounced these groups specifically.

I found revisiting these videos and text (as summarized earlier in this post) quite interesting.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Once conservative follow along with the liberal demand to denounce "white supremacy" and agree that it's the worst thing since Hitler, then the left simply labels conservatives one. Never denounce anything liberals demand. It's just a set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or