U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM

52,281 posts, read 42,056,607 times

Advertisements

Most of the scientific studies have indicated no real link.

However, politicians and I noted in another thread that Hillary Clinton proposed anti-violent game legislation about 10 years ago, are always looking for some cheap publicity that they *fixed* or tried to fix a problem.

There have been numerous attempts from both parties to attack violent movies, video games and so forth.

I'll be honest, I think for young unformed brains they may have a point (along with studies on pot usage).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

110 posts, read 44,235 times
Just look how stupid this is:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-g...emain-n1040811

Quote:
Walmart is pulling violent video game displays from its stores in the wake of last weekendís deadly shooting at one of its El Paso stores that killed at 22 people ó but has also confirmed it still has no plans to stop selling firearms or ammunition.

The electronics section of Walmart stores have traditionally featured video game displays that feature sometimes-violent games. Walmart said that the company has provided guidance for its store managers to remove the displays because some shoppers could mistake the sounds created by the games for actual gunshots.
So they pull violent video game ads.....yet still sell guns? What are these retards thinking?

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

14,857 posts, read 9,210,719 times
No. This is just something that they came up with to blame the problem on.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

33,478 posts, read 14,112,441 times
I do believe these violent games are just restricted to the US. It just couldnít be guns.

We grew up in the 60ís with all those violent cartoons like Elmer Fudd shooting people yet we didnít spring into action.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

21,275 posts, read 10,239,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I do believe these violent games are just restricted to the US. It just couldnít be guns.

We grew up in the 60ís with all those violent cartoons like Elmer Fudd shooting people yet we didnít spring into action.
Not at all graphic and no hero standing amid carnage.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM

10,884 posts, read 13,754,474 times
They can't be blamed solely but i think realistic shooting games do desensitize people to violence and can be a training tool for mass shooters.

Of cours, if the mass shooter couldn't get their hands on a gun they couldn't carry through on their training. IF people had real connections they might not spend so many hours playing shooting games or association with other nuts on the internet who glorify mass shooting.. Its all a factor. Only gun nuts see access to guns as inconsequentual in the equation, falling over backwards to lay blame anywhere but the toys they so link their identities to.

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM

33,469 posts, read 20,276,010 times
I don't think you can blame this one one thing and one thing only.

You know what some professionals say, "genetic loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger."

You can blame this on troubled childhood, PTSD, lost of girlfriends/boyfriends, not be able to get laid, loss of a job, etc, etc. Nothing changed the fact that if the person was mentally all there, he/she wouldn't have done it.

It is mental illness or somebody were just born crazy or evil? Who really knows?

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

25,170 posts, read 9,805,080 times
Yes.

Charge Pac Man with accessory...stat.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM

25,170 posts, read 9,805,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They can't be blamed solely but i think realistic shooting games do desensitize people to violence and can be a training tool for mass shooters.

Of cours, if the mass shooter couldn't get their hands on a gun they couldn't carry through on their training. IF people had real connections they might not spend so many hours playing shooting games or association with other nuts on the internet who glorify mass shooting.. Its all a factor. Only gun nuts see access to guns as inconsequentual in the equation, falling over backwards to lay blame anywhere but the toys they so link their identities to.
Government-mandated playtime outside for Johnny?

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

2,891 posts, read 1,179,044 times
**Excuse me while I tend to my flowers in Animal Crossing**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or